anyone overeating today? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone overeating today? anyone overeating today?

Unread 01-22-2005, 06:23 PM
anyone overeating today?

Dr. Jeannie,

Great idea about the juice bars!! I'm putting that on the top of my grocery list for tomorrow!

Another thing that has been helpful is caffinee free raspberry tea. The hot tea makes my tummy feel warm, and the fruit flavor is a bit sweet.

I too have been craving sweets!!!! It feels like I'm craving it to give me more energy. I am still battling depression and I can tell that when my serotonine is low, I crave carbs and sweets to give me a boost. So I took a 20 minute walk with my 2 dogs in the beautiful snow. We only got about 3-4 inches today.

Actually they were so excited to be in the snow, it looked like I was riding a dog sled without the sled!!! My golden retriever instantly does a snow angel when she gets out in the snow....too funny! Gotta love that total abandonment of joy!

Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2005, 06:29 PM
anyone overeating today?

Must be the weather New Jersey! I'm about 12 degrees, with a wind chill of 10 below and 6" of snow. I'm about ready to pull out the chocolate!!!!!
Karen
Unread 01-23-2005, 01:13 AM
anyone overeating today??

What do you mean: today? Ha...and yesterday and last week, and no doubt, tomorrow and next week as well!!!!

It is about the only excitement left in life at the moment.

Ina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2005, 01:25 AM
anyone overeating today?

Kentucky, you will love the movie, Forgotten - it is so good! I watched it this afternoon while eating Taco Bell that my friend brought over (paying for it now)

There is a part in the movie that made me jump out of my skin.
(you will know exactly which scene I am talking about) I jumped so hard, it made my belly hurt!!

Let me know if Cellular is a good movie -I am running out of things to do....

Happy Anniversary!!
Unread 01-23-2005, 06:46 AM
anyone overeating today?

Leigh35

OMG

I wish i had read your post before i watched!!! all i can say is thank goodness for tummy pillows....we had to watch that part twice just to see how real they made it.

LISTEN SISTERS always wear your seatbelts!!

Cellular was just as good as Forgotton we thought

Tess
Unread 01-23-2005, 07:54 AM
anyone overeating today?

Here in Colorado we are having January thaw, which means it's in the fifties and very nice. Had DH prune trees yesterday while I pointed to which limbs to cut. (I'm a horticulturist). Out in tshirts!!

I am trying to exercise more, but my cravings for sweets and salt is awful and once I start, I'm like an addict. Are we all just a bit bored or maybe nurturing ourselves with food if we don't feel supported by friends and family. I think maybe it is also hormone stuff like I used to get with PMS, which I guess I will still have since I kept my ovaries...but ALL the time now...EEK!! I only have two pair of jeans that fit because of weight gain and swelly belly.

I'll go back to work at the greenhouse where I work seasonally in about a week. It's very physical, so that should help...if I can handle it.
Unread 01-23-2005, 09:25 AM
re the weather and the food!!!!

Hi , I live in North Wales, in the UK, and here it is a bit cold, but calm and not snowing or raining!! for once!! I lost 9 lbs at first, but have put it all back on now!!! I even tried dieting the other week and was really good for 10 days of "weight watchers" but did not lose anything , so to celebrate this failure, had a huge pizza and a bottle of wine!! oh well, there is always next week! I do seem to be putting on weight very easily, and I am not taking HRT!!!! Nice to see what the weather is like everwhere!! Take care!
Unread 01-23-2005, 10:07 AM
anyone overeating today?

Woke up today to 15 inches of snow, all the churches are closed, glad I have enough chocolate to get through this weather. I will get the hot chocolate ready for my family when they come back in from shoveling snow!
Marian, those cookies sound great- too bad you can't send them as an attachment!
Celtic Lady, I love your celebration idea!
Unread 01-23-2005, 01:14 PM
anyone overeating today?

Reading these posts made me want to jump off off my south beach diet and go get some chocolate. I am having sugar free fudge bars as a treat but cookies are my downfall and the low carb pizza doesnt get me there. I am finally released from my doctor and want to shed these extra pounds so I guess I will just trudge ahead on my plan. I feel better now that I am not bloated and having the 2 week cramps and bleeding I had for 4 years straight so I really want to enjoy my middle age without feeling loaded down with the weight. I have 25 pounds to lose and I think I can do it one day at a time. Getting through this surgery and recovery has proved to me I can get through anyhting. Dbbie
Unread 01-23-2005, 01:49 PM
anyone overeating today?

Okay, that did it......I just called my friend and placed an order for 4 Heath Bars and a chocolate milkshake. He is on the way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register