What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

Unread 01-07-2006, 08:33 PM
What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

Ok ladies I have a good one for you.... We have birds..... We have a male parakeet and a female Black Masked African Love Bird...They are in love! I kid you not! They live together and they mate. I don't think they can cross breed ( atleast we don't have baby birds yet). They are so interesting to watch. They started out fighting but now they are best friends. The love bird is in control. I guess thats the female in her.lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Something WAY different

OK, girls - how about this one you might find hard to believe, but it's true.

We have several Oscar fish. And one of them, mimics our mouths when we say hello. In fact, when we greet him, he makes his mouth move as if he is saying hello, you know, the bottom jaw moves twice. It is histerical.

When I first mentioned this to my DH, he thought I was loosing my mind, but nope, he now sees it himself.

We have a talking fish. I swear of the truth. And it isn't us reading into it that he is hungry or something like that. It is truly a social hello.

Oh, and I forgot to add that this same Oscar fish gets moody and gets jelous from time to time. He is a person in a fish tank.
Unread 01-08-2006, 06:19 AM

my five year old fox terrier toby loves to be touched. If we are sitting on my couch and he comes over, he will put his head with that long fox like nose in the space between our hands or anywhere just so that we are touching him. He cannot stand it when dh waves his hand about toby's head and doesn't touch it in some way. He is also attached to this raquet ball that we have. If it rolled under a couch he knows that he cannot dig at my furniture. He did that and didn't like the results! So now he just stares at what ever piece of furniture that ball rolled under. It is so cute. He looks at the couch or whatever then looks at us like " it's under there get it. PLEEEEZE Then if you don't he just keeps it up. Usually my older dd will get it and throw it before he freaks out and jumps up on her to get it. Animals are wierd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 07:02 AM

We took care of our son's Oscar fish for a couple of months. This fish would pick up a pebble on the floor, carry it to the corner, and spit it out. He did this so often that he made a high pile of pebbles in the corner. If we would get close to the tank, he would charge against
the side and would actually slam against the tank. For that reason,
I called him Tiger. We were actually sad to see him go back home to our son's place.
We have two dogs, a standard American Eskimo and a toy pek-a-poo. When the Eskimo was a puppy, she would acutally yodel when
we returned home. She was so vocal as a puppy. The eight pound toy
pek-a-poo is the most hyper dog I have ever witnessed. She loves to play ball and constantly drops the tennis ball at our feet. When my husband comes home, she rushes around the house looking for a tennis ball. Last night, I did not see her, opened the door, and closed it immediately when I saw her. Too late, she already dropped the tennis ball outside on the porch.
Unread 01-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Smile - What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? my funny cats

Hi sisters, I breed balinese cats.well I did till just recently.now all of mine are just loving pets.......Balinese are VERY intelligent and funny kitties ,so much so their called "the clowns of the cat world" and if you could meet my crew,you`de know why they are called that !!!!!!!!! I`ll only bore you with a couple of antics of mine.one of my males(named Samuel but we call him our sammy bammy and other various themes thereof!!) loves to play pot holder game.bear in mind he invented this all by himself!!! I bred Sammy ,I helped his mom deliver him and he was my DH favorite(and mine too!!) from our 1st litter. He found some terry cloth potholders when he was about 3 months old(he`s now 2 yrs. old) and proceded to attack them like they were prey.this changed into him grabbing them in his paws,hiding them himself in drawers(what a hoot to see him hiding them ,although he doesn`t like you to look when he`s doing it) he`ll then meow at you to "help" him find them ...........You open the draw a little and he`ll ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!! What fun to see him do this..........I know those of you who don`t have pet will think this strange;but those of you who do will understand Another one of my "babies" (now 11 months old and my daughters cat) will come running if you sneeze or cough and meow every time at you as if to say "God Bless You".he`s a riot too........I raised all my kitties with a LOT of love and love to hear about their antics from their owners.which I do on almost a weekly basis!!!! Sorry for the long post.I just had to respond to that one! I live in Quirkyville with my brood!!!!!
Unread 01-12-2006, 02:45 PM

Locki - it sounds like the Oscars were courting together or nesting. I have 7 Oscars and this is one of their signs of courtship or getting ready to spawn. Rock moving, slate cleaning with their mouths, tail shaking, head shaking at the other fish, lip locking and charging anyone that comes near the tank. Yep, did the fish ever spawn?
Unread 01-19-2006, 08:25 PM

My tortie kitten, Oonagh, 8 months has a new thing she likes to do. She jumps into the tub, (sans water) and chases her tail around in a circle about three times. Then she stops, looks at me with a wild eye'd expression, and then does it again!

I've also discovered that sometimes she likes to stick her paw into the water dish and splash around before licking the water off of her paw. Little pill! It's amazing the 3-year-old cat, Mabb, will still drink from the same bowl! Now I know how the water kept getting onto the floor!

She's quite the character!
Unread 01-23-2006, 11:57 AM

With our three dogs, I just don't know where to begin!!!

Our 12 year old begal/dalmation (Rascal) looks around the room to see if anyone is watching, then goes into the kitchen and opens the door where the trash is. If he is unsuccessful there, he then goes to the pantry to see what goodies he can find. After his feast, he just walks into the living room as if nothing happened (leaving the evidence behind). When you approach him, he looks like "I don't care - it was worth it!!!"

Our 4 year old choc lab mix (Kaboom) has a few personality quirks. She loves to play ball and she WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!!! She will bring the ball over to you and wait. If you don't respond, she picks the ball up and throws it continually at you until you have no choice but to play. Sometimes, after you throw it, she just looks at it and then lays down like it was too much of an effort and doesn't want to go through the trouble again. She also will take a shower with me each day. She loves to bite and catch the water. There are some days when I have to wait my turn for the shower! She also loves to take the back cushions down from the sofa. She will then place a cover on the cushions and make herself a comfy bed. When we get home, we have to put the furniture back together. Oh I almost forgot, she will not go anything or go anywhere without her ball. She sleeps with it either in her mouth or between her paws. It is so cute!!!!!

Now for our hound mix (Lugnut). We call him our 85 lb chicken - he is afraid of everything...He is definitely a momma's boy. He talks to me and when my dh asks him to talk, he turns his head the other way and ignores him. When we go to bed, he snuggles with me. If I don't turn down the covers for him, he nudges the covers then looks at me until I bring the covers up over the two of us. He will then talk to me until he falls alseep. He also loves to play under my towel and rob after getting out of the shower (like playing hide-and-go-seek). He also like to just sit and look outside - your thinking nothing unusual about that - but the door is OPEN and he will not go out... He also does not like it when my dh falls alseep on the sofa. He goes over and shoves his nose in his face and wakes him up. If there is snoring involved, he just keeps sighing until he either wakes up or stops.

Both Kaboom and Lugnut love to lay betwen your legs. There are some nights when I just can't move with the 85 lb and 55 lb dogs between or on each side of me. They don't like to be distrubed at night and if you make them get up, they steal your spot and it is difficult to get it back.....

Thanks for this post and have a wonderful day.
Unread 01-23-2006, 04:29 PM

Imeas! What a hoot your dogs are! They sound as bad as my cats! And some people claim pets are not intelligent!

Obviously, they've never had any!

Marta
Unread 01-23-2006, 04:56 PM

Does snoring count as odd or quirky behavior? Dh was out of town this weekend so I had a bed full of kitties. I woke up to hear the one laying at the top of the bed really cutting some zzzzzzs It was sooooooooo loud! I didn't have the heart to budge her so I just got up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register