What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

Unread 02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

We've got one of those water bowls that self feeds. My one female Yorkie, Abigail, doesn't like water that moves. When she takes a drink it let's more water come down. She jumps back and real slowly and cautiously moves back up for another drink. Laps a couple times then jumps back again. Then she won't drink anymore for awhile. I thought she'd get used to it. The rest of the dogs don't have a problem with it. I couldn't believe a dog could be afraid of water that moves! I gave in, She has her own regular water bowl now.

P.S. For those of you who remember, Abigail had four puppies, they are all gorgeous, healthy, playing when they're not sleeping and enjoying chewing on all their aunties. Dad doesn't allow it yet! The one little silver boy is so loving, we are stating to consider keeping him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2005, 07:00 PM

I have a male beagle/lab mix who is a really sweetie. When I'm getting ready for bed, he comes into the bedroom and curls up on my side of the bed.

When I'm ready to get into bed, I say, "OK", and he jumps off......then my bed is nice and toasty warm when I get in it.

My other dog....a female golden retriever mix, lays by my bath towels I put on the floor when I get in the shower. She lays there with her chin and/or paw on them, because the beagle/lab, loves to torment her by stealing a towel in an effort to get her to chase him.

I am blessed!!!
Unread 02-27-2005, 07:14 PM

We've got a four pound female Yorkie called Mickey. Every since we first got her at eight weeks, when we climb into the shower she has to get in with us. So we take turns holding her while the other shampoos ect... What a nut! She also loves rats. We're got two. She just loves spending time in their cage licking them like they were puppies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2005, 08:11 PM

my 1 year old border collie beats herself up and makes silly growling/grunting noises while she does it. she puts her back leg over her head and tries to bite her heals. it's very cute but funny!

she also insists on inspecting the 9 year old border collies teeth and mouth when she's eatten just incase theres anything left. it's funny watching her grinning, showing her teeth while the otherone licks her.

they do love eachother. maybe a bit too much at times!
Unread 03-01-2005, 03:24 PM

We've got 2 great pyrenees (huge white dogs). We feed them and give them fresh water every day, outside, of course because of the MESS they make. Oh, they'll eat their food leisurely enough, but they always dump their water out with their noses.
They don't want clean water...but they'll run to the farm pond with it's green slimy coating and drink from that like it was full of some sweet nectar. They simply LOVE that green slimy water. They'll dump theirs out and go without water all day rather then drink the clean stuff. Every night we turn them loose when we feed the horses and the they head straight for the pond, not to swim in, but to drink. Of course, then they want to come give us green slime, slobbery doggy kisses. YUCK!!!!
Unread 03-11-2005, 03:48 PM

Not sure if this is odd or quirky but it sure is funny to watch. Our Germanshepard Loves to play tug-o-war with the Yorkies. She's on one end while two or three of them are on the other end. She drags them all over the house.
Unread 03-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Wink - What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

I have a Chesapeake Bay Retreiver and she has been my little nurse - she curls up on my feet at the end of the couch and won't leave me until I get up - even if Hubby is in the kitchen fixing breakfast - she waits for me to move then she does her little forward backward stretch - and doesn't leave my side all day - her favorite little treat are the baby carrots!!!
Unread 03-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Talking - What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have? What odd or quirky behavior do your pets have?

[size=large]Julie, Lab/mix for some reason and I still cannot figure out why she does this. When I am on the computer and everyone ells is sleeping she will get things off the tables in the livingroom and chews. Not everything she gets off the tables does she chews just somethings. She also likes to get my slippers. Lets put it this way she likes to get into what ever she can[/size]

Unread 03-13-2005, 05:14 PM

In potty trainning my Germanshepard, Iris, to do her "duty" outside, I would, and still do, give her dried pieces of chicken. Now, when she does't need to go, she runs behind something where I can't see her for a couple seconds. She comes running back to me, sits and stares at my pocket. It's so cute, what a con in the makings. I know she didn't have time to do anything.
Unread 03-17-2005, 03:31 PM

We have a new little puppy, Jake. He's 10 weeks old, and already his personality is beginning to show. He loves to go in the shower while you're in it, and 'catch' the water. He sometimes sneaks in while you're showering, and licks your feet. It can give you a fright sometimes!

(we have no lock on the door at the moment, as Billy got over excited the other day when I foolishly mentioned walkies, and then thought I'd better have a quick wee.
He burst in the loo, cos he couldn't contain himself, and the lock shot across the room! )

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register