hemorrhoid YUCH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hemorrhoid YUCH hemorrhoid YUCH

Unread 01-24-2005, 10:26 AM
hemorrhoid YUCH

Hi Awful questions but hy what else is new ? Had a TAH/BSO on 12/2/04, no problems with recovery I was very lucky, back to work and all that but with one exception, yes that is right my subject! I have never had this problem before until after my surgery, problem is I was constipated about two weeks ago and low(no pun intended) and behold now this, I mean I have been constipated before and never had this occur, could it be associated with the surgery, I mean did they rearrange things in there to cause this problem. I know this sounds silly but I am very serious and curious, any points woud be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2005, 11:43 AM
hemorrhoid YUCH

Hi,

Sorry about the hemorrhoid, they can be very painful. I had them before, but not from my surgery, but from childbirth. It was very bad.

I remember buying something called Tucks to relieve the discomfort, I soaked in a warm bath and used Metamusil to keep things regular and soft.

I did this for a few weeks or so and they did shrink. If I strain or get constipated they will flare up.

I am cautious about getting into that again and watch diet and no straining.

I hope you can get relief and that they will eventually shrink .

s
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:55 PM
hemorrhoid YUCH

I'm 1 week post op (LAVH 01/18/05) and am having the same problem. On top of that I have a yeast infection. I'm using preparation H and seem to be getting some relief. My doc called in a prescription for the yeast infection which seems to be subsiding.

I'm having a lot of pain in my legs. One day it was the right, the next day it was both, today the left has been aching most of the day. It seems that as time passes I experience more discomfort. The day of my surgery I was talking on the phone, was released from the hospital the next day and felt no pain. Go figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 10:16 PM
hemorrhoid YUCH

I've had hemorrhoids since my first daughter was born 6 years ago from all of the straining that I did trying to deliver her. I pushed for 2 1/2 hours trying to have her, so my blood vessels in my rectum were also pushed.
I have internal as well as external so they push out from time to time and often bleed heavily. Sometimes it's difficult to get the bleeding to slow down.
I have found out that the "White Cloud" UNSCENTED baby wipes are a God Send and Anusol HC cream works really well. I've tried Prep H and many others and those work best for me.
I know the thought of baby wipes makes you go OOOH Yuck! but these are different - they are just moist cloths, they are cool and you can clean up without alot of pain. Also, the aloe in them helps to calm things down.
Hope you get to feeling better. I know they can be terrible at times.
Tammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register