Other kids are so mean | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Other kids are so mean Other kids are so mean

Unread 01-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Angry - Other kids are so mean Other kids are so mean

My 2 DDs wanted to play out tonight, and show off their new trainers, and the kids outside are calling them freaks, and kind of chased them in with their meanness. DDs didn't even get to mention their trainers, let alone show them off. I can't even say its jealousy.
There's a great big gang of girls, aged 10 -11, around 8 of them right outside of our door, and its driving me barmy. Why are they so mean? My kids are really upset, and they haven't done anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Other kids are so mean

s

I've sometimes wonder myself why some children seem to get pleasure from taunting others. I can only believe that they learn it at home

Just keep watching over yours, teach them what you want them to know and how you want them to act. Thank goodness there are still some like you who do still care

Best wishes, I hope that you can get it all settled down so that your children can play and enjoy themselves outside again.

s
Unread 01-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Other kids are so mean

I recently talked with the man (now) that bullied me in grade school. He came up to me and apologized for making my life (and a lot of other kid's lives) a living heck. He explained to me that his parents had issues, including alcoholism and that they treated him, his siblings (who were also bullies in their time) and even each other that way and even knowing that it was wrong, he wanted to make others feel as bad as he had growing up. The kids who bully for this reason know that it's wrong, so it's not really learned... They just don't know any other way to feel better.

This man searched for me to tell me that he was sorry. there is some hope for these kids, they need someone to see them, to notice that they hurt, and to teach them that being nice to others is what makes you feel better, not making them feel the same as they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Other kids are so mean

Hi!
I think you're right. Mine get picked on sometimes, cos (thankfully) they're not as streetwise as the ones who seem to be out in all weathers.
Mine get called in regularly for meals (when do these kids eat?)and to go out, to their grans/shops etc.
Mine also go on holidays in the summer, and if I'm working, go to a childcare playscheme.
I do not leave my kids out unsupervised, nor allow them out for hours on end.
These kids are prbably jealous, cos mine are more cared for than them. They can be jealous without even realising.
Unread 02-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Other kids are so mean

Hi Ladies,
I was picked on just about every day of my school life. I was called names and teased mercilessly, and do not have one good memory of my school years, even the first boy I had a crush on....

When my son was born, I taught him not to call people names. I taught him to look for the good in everyone and that each and every person has good in them. He is really good about it to a certain point. He will tease and call names, generally when provoked. He is worse now, and I think part of it is being part of a crowd. However he calls names with kids who had tormented him. He is the first to make friends with the new kids and generally gives them a chance to prove themselves. In his own way he is a snob. He wont hang around with kids who are idiots, lol he has his own name...He always talks to me about why and what he should do. One of his friends for years is now trying to get him to do things that are wrong and he told me he doesnt really want to hang with him anymore. I told him it was his choice, but he really needs to say "No I will get in trouble for this or that" Now this is what I see and hear. Who knows what he does at school. I know there is a lot of tomfoolery going on, and he probably calls more names than I know. I am not naive enough to think it did any good, however he is way more respectful to others than they are to him.....

Hugs
Kat
Unread 02-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Other kids are so mean

These kids also do it to make themselves look and feel superior too.
Didn't you have a friends in your younger adult years, when ya'll went out always had to be center of attention? This person is crying out for affection and attention that they did not get at home from their family.
My DS got smacked by a bully from school, I saw the whole thing and I called the police---I believe that boy needed to be taught a valuable lesson..you may be a kid now, but do it in a few years and your butt will end up in jail. The cops went to his house and really reamed him out and had a talk with his mother, who they said, didn't seem concerned that her son was brought home by the police---see that is where it all starts, at home.
Unread 02-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Other kids are so mean

Fran, you sound like an absolute wonderful mom!!

This Georgia girl has one question for you.....What in the world are trainers??
Unread 02-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Other kids are so mean

sneakers???? running shoes????
This culture thing is really funny sometimes
Unread 02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Talking - Other kids are so mean Other kids are so mean

Yep, the culture thing is indeed funny. My friend and I were thinking a bike?? We even thought of training bras, but knew your DDs would not be showing those off!!!
Unread 02-25-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry for the late post

I'm sorry I am late posting, but I found this part of the site only recently.

I am sorry your DDs are being bullied. It is no fun. I was bullied in the sixth grade. My DS was bullied in the sixth grade, also, but wanted to handle it himself (male thing). However, a boy moved into the neighborhood during my DD's fifth grade year (he is in the same grade and her). He almost immediately singled out my DD for his entertainment. My DD has many, many, friends. She was puzzled by his behavior at first. Most of the kids in her grade got along just fine. She had never had anyone treat her like this. She tried to handle it herself, but just after sixth grade began, the straw broke the camel's back, so to speak! It was the day I found out I needed a hyst. I had left the doctor's office 15 minutes before I picked up my DD from school. She was so upset. He had accused our family of calling the police on him for a miniture motorcycle he rides through the neighborhood (we did not do this nor would we). He did this in front of the entire lunchroom for everyone to hear. She tried to tell him it wasn't us, but he continued over and over. Finally one of his own friends told him we didn't do it and to leave her alone (thank goodness for him!) Anyway, I was not in a good mood from my doctor's news and I had had it. He was walking past my house on his way home from school and I stood in my driveway and told him that he had accused the wrong family, that he needed to find someone else to pick on, and he owed my DD an appology. He (very reluctantly) said, "sorry." I then told him if his parents wanted to speak with me, they knew where we lived. Boy, did Mom have words for me. She proceeded to tell me that MY DD deserved (yes, she said deserved) to be treated the way he treated her. And why was I getting involved, was my DD to immature to handle her own problems? I could have picked my jaw off the floor. Then, if you can believe it, his father would drive him past our home very slowly and stare my DD down if she was playing out front. I could not imagine letting my child treat someone that way, ever!When they say the problem starts at home, they mean it!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register