!!Yeast from Hell!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

!!Yeast from Hell!! !!Yeast from Hell!!

Unread 01-24-2005, 12:46 PM
!!Yeast from Hell!!

Had my TVH in 11/2K4 and have been released by my wonderful Dr to a " normal life"....BUT I've been plagues by a yeast infection from HELL that won't give up. I've done the Diflucan, MycologII creams....etc. I've never had this problem either before the surgery or after..that is until this past 2 wks or so.

Any suggestions that I might suggest next time I see Dr. ????, which he tells me to give this new " voodoo" he's perscribed till Thurs to work...if not come and see him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2005, 02:21 PM
!!Yeast from Hell!!

I do know what helps me and my son when we get yeasts (him from diaper rash) is acidophilus. You can buy it in the health food store and it works really well. You just have to keep it in the fridge and I have found it to work very quickly.

I hope that it helps.

Linda
Unread 01-24-2005, 03:37 PM
!!Yeast from Hell!!

(((Luludelane))) So sorry you're having to deal with the dreaded yeastie beasties so early in your recovery

Unfortunately, post op yeast infections are fairly common. Here's a link to an article about post op yeast infections:

yeast infection?

There are also some links to sites with more information and remedies for yeast infections in our Post Op Resources directory.

Another thing that can help prevent further yeast infections is vaginal estrogen. Low levels of estrogen in the vagina (even in women on HRT or who kept their ovaries) can make the area more susceptible to yeast infections.

I never had yeast infections before this, either... and since I've started using vaginal estrogen and taking a probiotic every day, I haven't had another one.

I hope this helps!

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2005, 04:27 PM
!!Yeast from Hell!!

Thanks SuferBabe and others! I'm lucky as I've a Gyno who listens and pays attention . I've so few complaints during the whole recovery time that this has him as stumped and aggravated as me!!

If what he's given me now doesn't do it's magic by this Thurs, we're going to Plan B he says!!

I know this won't kill me...but for some of the people who have to be around me with this aggravation...they're getting a bit nervous!!! ;-)
Unread 01-24-2005, 08:19 PM
!!Yeast from Hell!!

I'm experiencing my first yeast infection in about 10 years as I type. Is this surgery related? I didn't draw the parallel.
Monistat seems to be doing the trick, I feel better today than yesterday.
Unread 01-24-2005, 11:24 PM
!!Yeast from Hell!!

Lots of info and good advice here.

Just curious..........do you/have you douched? I know that's one thing I cannot do without guaranteeing yeast fiestas . Take care...., Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register