can i get some advise | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can i get some advise can i get some advise

Unread 01-24-2005, 12:51 PM
can i get some advise

hi sisters
i was just wondering what types fo pain meds u all have been on since surgery and how long u needed to be on them.i am almost 3 weeks out and still hurting some not constantly,didnt know if i sould call dr and get refill on meds or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2005, 01:05 PM
can i get some advise

Everyone is different with pain tolerances. I took my T3's every 6 hrs for the first two weeks then went to every am & pm on week 3 with motrin during the day. Week 4 I took the T3's at night and motrin during the day. Week 5 ( I am at now) I am still pretty sore at times and only take the T3's when I really need it and Motrin the rest of the time. I had my T3's refilled 3 times and I still have a lot left and doubt I need anymore refills.
Boneta
12-21-04 TAH/BSO
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:15 PM
can i get some advise

Hi,
I was on Darvocet 2 every 4-6 hours. I couldn't tolerate them so only took one crushed every 4-6 hours ...i did this through the 4th week. Also, I took like clock-work as ordered from doctor, 800 mg Motrin every 4 hours....got in the night to do this...couldn't sleep anyway. I never felt the pain lift after taking meds. Only time did that slowly.

If you need more pills...call. He will not say no. I called for a refill and there was no problem. When I got the pills, I noticed the doctor even added another refill.

If you need them...you need them. Don't worry about it. You'll be able to wean down when you feel better. Remember, they are very constipating.
Best wishes,
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2005, 01:24 PM
I have a Question about pain meds also

I had my TAH On 1/19/05 (5 Days ago) The doctor only perscribed 15 pain pills. Is this normal. I have been using them very sparingly because I know that there are gona be days that I am going to hurt worse than others. I only have 2 left. I have been taking over the counter motrin every 4 hours but it just doesnt seem to help much. Should I call and ask for more or am I just being a wuss? I have had 2 C-sections and was always given more than a couple days worth. (different Dr.) Any insight would be appreciated.

Reepks
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:25 PM
can i get some advise

I had my TAH 1 week ago today 1-17-05 came home on 1-19-05 was given vicodin and motrin 600 to take for pain, since I have been home I take one vicodin a day usually after Im up all day and I use the motrin two times a day.

diana d
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:32 PM
can i get some advise

hi again also call your dr if you need more pain meds. Some pain meds that work on one person may not work as good on another. It cant hurt to ask.

diana d
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:51 PM
pain meds

I had TAH 12/27 was on morphine pump for 15 hrs, then tylenol. Came home with no pain meds, asked dr later & he gave me 20 vicodin, but when i take them it makes constipation worse, so I would rather deal with the pain. I am 4 weeks today & have the area where top staple was that is burning. I talked to drs office last week & she instructed me at that time to get steri strips off as they were irritating me. got that top one off along with a scab, she said let it go put nothing on it but it sure burns. Experiencing sweating & insomnia & am slowly getting better, not as fast as I would like, but guess all good things take time.
Unread 01-24-2005, 04:42 PM
more oppinions

i really appriciate everyone on this sight , it has been a lot of help i would still like to get some more oppinions and experiences
thanks!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-24-2005, 08:58 PM
can i get some advise

My doctor gave me a prescription for Vicodin to have filled and ready when I got home, it was to take 2 every 4 hours. After my surgery I had morphine pump until the next morning. Afterwards I took 1 Vicodin every 5 hours for the next 2 or 3 days, then I took 1 every 6 hours for 2-3 days, then a couple of nights before I went to bed, then I stopped because I really didn't need anything. I think altogether I took them for about 8 days, never as much as prescribed, no refills, had leftovers.
Unread 01-24-2005, 09:16 PM
can i get some advise

Hi!
I had a tvh, 1/19, I'm sure having a TAH is a lot more uncomfortable than a tvh. For pain my doctor gave me Norco and 600 mg of Motrin. The Norco really work well for me. I only feel the need to take them at night and take the Motrin during the day if I need it.
I would say call your doctor! If you need them you need them!
Hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register