American Idol | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

American Idol American Idol

Unread 01-24-2005, 02:22 PM
American Idol

Okay, I know I'm not the only one watching this show. Let's go!

Simon: He can go too far a lot of times (telling a girl who is not skinny that she if fat) but when he give constructive criticism, that if the kids listened to, would help them. But everyone is playing for the camera.

Paula: I hate "yes" people. I don't like to hurt people's feelings either, but I'm not going to tell them they did well when they obviously didn't.

Randy: He's in between. A lot of time I just want to yell at the screen, "Make up your mind!"

Ryan: I feel really sorry for this guy. He has to take the wrath of the angry contestents, hold the crying contestents, etc.

As for the contestents, the crazy blond girl (Mary Roach) at the end of the show was a doozie!

It's always embarrasing when I see someone from my hometown up there making noise and protesting that they are great singers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2005, 02:28 PM
American Idol

Kindred,

Yes I am an Idol fan.
If you noticed this time though, Ryan wasn't at the auditions, he was out doing other stuff. And I totally agree that mary chick was too too freaky..LOL
My DH and I just looked at each other and said "What?" The voices..LOL
You have really got to wonder why some of these people really think they can sing. I mean, i am an okay singer, I can carry a tune and sing in key...but these folks are totally off!
Ican't wait to see this week, cause Gene Simmons from Kiss is the special judge..hehe (Big Kiss fan growing up)
The other night when Simon told someone they were too fat, I kept thinking...uhh...look at last year's winner fool!..LOL
And he told those triplets they were too fat!!!! My God would I kill for their figure...LOL
Unread 01-24-2005, 02:29 PM
American Idol

I love this show! The auditions are my favorite part of it. AND that Mary Roach chick...WHAT A WACK JOB!

Simon is too mean...his critisism isn't even that...it's insults.

Paula needs to grow some *&%$# and Randy needs to face up to his fear of Simon and start making his own decisions.

As far as Ryan goes...I think he's a total nerd. I hate the way says "out" at the end...what a dork.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2005, 09:03 PM
American Idol

I am an Idol fan as well. I can't watch it this time around because have class on Tuesday nights. I am trying to get our instructor to let us watch it in class. He isn't buying it. I told him we could analyse all the contestants on those nights. I would tape it but I never have the time to watch what I tape. Why did I decide to change careers, I miss my favorite shows and the gym (we would watch Idol while working out on the treadmill). Keep me posted PLEASE!!! I may become that Mary person if I don't watch orget my Idol fix ..Ha Ha.
Unread 01-25-2005, 09:52 AM
American Idol

Sally, go ahead and tape it, you might find that you make the time to watch it! And if you tape it , it won't take an hour to watch it, cause you can fast forward through all the commercials...lol
When I worked I taped one soap opera and believe me, I found time to watch it, even if it meant staying up til midnight to do it
Unread 01-25-2005, 10:06 AM
American Idol

I got DH to watch it with me this time, he was falling off his chair when Mary said she could use a differnt voice to sing with.
And who are all these friends who tell her she can sing? The ones in her head or the ones scared of her temper?

I felt real sorry for the triplets, my DH said at least they had a real womans figure and boy could they sing.

The problem is with the judges is they have to look at what happens at the end, so who has the 'star quality' to win the hearts of the viewers and if they are marketable after.

I still dislike Simon, but in most cases he is honest in what he says about the contestants, the other judges tend to gloss over the fact that 'you can't sing a note' and tell them they are not good enough when they are down right awfull, can't carry a tune or hit the right note or just sing plain flat.

I can't sing a note, I know I can't.
Can't wait to see the next lot though
Unread 01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
American Idol

I am sure us AI fans will be here later tonight or in the morning discussing which freak actually thought they could sing..LOL i want to see if Gene Simmons tries to pick up Paula tonight..LOL
Unread 01-25-2005, 08:04 PM
American Idol

I was a Kiss fan when I was a kid. Gene Simmons should be very good tonight. I can't wait! The auditions are also my favorite part of the entire show. Mary Roach is an example of why.
Unread 01-25-2005, 08:10 PM
American Idol

Gosh Dang It! I was on the phone with a friend from back east the whole time and didn't really get to see it....WHAT DID I MISS????????
Unread 01-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Gene Simmons and Leroy

I wish Gene Simmons would be a judge all the time. He was terrific! He gave intellegent, well thought out comments to contestants. The comments he gave the Christian kid about the music industry and that he would succeed as a Country singer. Everything he said was great. He didn't get nasty once, he didn't have to.

As for the contestants, at first I thought Leroy was just being silly and having fun. However, by the time he left the judges I had to wonder if he was stoned. He was definately different!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register