4 weeks today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks today 4 weeks today

Unread 01-25-2005, 07:11 AM
4 weeks today

I had my surgery (everything removed including ovaries but kept cervix) abdominally on Dec 28. I had 2 weeks post op appointment & Doc said everything was going well. I go back tomorrow for final release & will try to return to my office job same day for few hours. I'm planning on 1/2 days for a week then back to full time (finances dictate). Anyway, I notice some spotting in the morning when I get up that lasts for a few hours. I've had no bleeding or spotting up until this week. Is this normal? I know I still need to take it slow & have not been lifting anything heavy but have pretty much doing most other things I did before. My family pretty much helped out for first 2 weeks but once I got the OK to drive & I started getting dressed (bib overalls is about all I can wear comfortably but tired of jammies) I guess the family figured I was back to normal. Just wondered about the bleeding & if it would hinder my going back to work.
Thanks so much for this site! It has been extremely helpful in answering a lot of my questions & I know I'm not alone!
Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2005, 11:41 AM
4 weeks today

Hi ,

I also had surgery on 12/28 TAH took one ovary left cervix. I had a spotting on Jan 15th thats when I was due for the period, my doc told me it was going to happen. it only happen for a short period of that day then went away alittle cramping too.

I still havent done much, some laundry, dinner, went food shopping my self this past weekend regreted it when I got there not realizing how much it took to get up and down from the electric cart. And yes this was my first drive day too.

I still have a hard time walking would love to have no more back pain....

I have been working from home since week 1, but at my own speed.

I guess I'm feeling better but it's been slower then I want .

Go back to the doc next week ....

Wanda
Unread 01-25-2005, 12:18 PM
4 weeks also

I was four weeks out on Monday 1/24 & drove for the first today.Dr had told me at 10 days I could drive but I did not feel ready. I too had abdominal(vertical) incision & they took everything except cervix. I read about everyone spotting & I have had none, so does that mean I am not healing, & I know it will frighten me if I do, even though I have ready a lot about it. Some say it is internal stitches dissolving, which makes sense. We do furniture upholstering at our home so i have been easing back into that a bit this week as finances are necessary when you are self employed.Sweating & insomina are the worst at this point, I hate for bedtime to come to toss & turn all night. I still have some external burning & pulling & soreness internally. Sounds like we all about at same place. I am 60 so I think age slows me down a bit in healing, but I normally am very active & this being down has not been easy for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 08:14 AM
4 weeks today

I had my hyst. on 12-28 also but kept ovaries and I am still having some brown watery discharge DR. says it is the stitches disolving and not to worry. The leaking is my only complaint. I hope you all get to feeling better.

K
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:48 AM
4 weeks today

I'm at 4 weeks today and just got back from doctors appt. He released me today to start walking on the treadmill and doing light aerobics. I was told that I would have some discharge from the activity. He said that is normal.

I'm the stubborn one that drove myself to my one week after appt. I've been shopping at Wal-Mart twice (you know those hour long trips), shopping for clothes (b/c everything is too tight and I'm tired of grey sweatpants), vacuumed at 1-1/2 weeks (which was WRONG!), and have been doing laundry. But I feel great!
Unread 01-26-2005, 12:45 PM
4 weeks today

I had my surgery on 12/29 so 4 weeks today. I had a myomectomy and was in the recovery room when I kept bleeding and had to be taken back into surgery for the hysterectomey. My uterus was about the 5 week size. The doctor left my cervix and one ovary. I went back to work on Monday 1/24. I was bone tired when I came home and just got in the bed for the rest of the day. I went to work Tuesday and Wednesday and feel like each day I am getting stronger. I am careful about what I do and listen to my body. I have no discharge or bleeding and regular BM's. I take iron bisgylcinate that I get at Walmart to build my iron up and it is non-constipating. I had a problem with pain kind of a pulling feeling towards the end when I urinate. The doctor put me on Cipro for 5 days once a day and with time I am noticing that even that is getting better. Aside for a little soreness that's about it. I am having a few hot flashes though which I wasn't expecting since they left an ovary. My husband still tells me to take it easy and I do that. I don't want a setback. So no heavy lifting or going repeatedly up and down the stairs and rest when I get home from work. My incision is about 4 inches ( a bikini cut) and I have 3 laparapscopic incisions. I've lost about 10 pounds since my surgery date and generally feel great. My weight is about 133 and I am 5"7". No mood swings yet or anything- just hot flashes. My swelly belly has gone down also.
I am praising God for all He has done!
I am so glad I found this website!
Unread 01-26-2005, 12:50 PM
4 weeks today

I'm @ 4 weeks also. TAH/BSO on 12/28/04. Returned to work today....desk job.

Commuting was more difficult than being here!
Unread 01-27-2005, 06:50 AM
4 weeks today

Thanks so much for all the info. I went to Doc appt yesterday & found I had cyst size of marble that apparently was there from the time I had my daughter (16 years ago) & it had gotten larger since my hyst. He drained & removed & I should not have to worry about any more problems with bleeding. Stayed home yesterday but returning to work today (1/2 days for next week).Feel pretty good this morning but am sure will be looking forward to jammies & nap later today. Keep up positive vibes & thanks again to all for this website!

Denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register