No Ovaries?..hormones out of whack?..LIbido? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Ovaries?..hormones out of whack?..LIbido? No Ovaries?..hormones out of whack?..LIbido?

Unread 01-26-2005, 02:32 PM
No Ovaries?..hormones out of whack?..LIbido?

I had TAH BSO 12/10 (everything gone) and had heard that the pain meds can make the constipation worse, so after the first few days, I took 8 mg of inuprofen instead of the strong meds and didn't have a problem. I still had the gas that goes along with it, though.

I was put on Vivelle dot patch (.05mg) the day of surgery and haven't had much of a problem with night sweats or anything. One time I forgot to put my new patch on after I got out of the shower and had a headache by that night when I remembered. My emotions are surprisingly fine. I thought I would have PMS like symptoms, but so far, no.
As far as sex goes, I think it's better.

I felt able to do things for myself the first week, but NO housework. You can ease back into things, but follow dr orders and advice from the "sisters!"

Good luck!

Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 05:03 PM
No Ovaries?..hormones out of whack?..LIbido?

Hi,
I had exactly all the same worries. I drove myself into a tizzy worrying about all this too.

I had both ovaries taken and an abdominal hyst. I was put on hormones immediately so that I experience no hot flashes or mood swings. I have been pleasantly suprised how even-keel I have stayed. Several people say that I may have to adjust down the line. My most pleasant suprise has been the return of my libido. When the doctors were trying all the meds and poking and proding and tests etc., I really saw that shut down. It has been nice again.

I only had my hubby home for Friday-Sunday. I was so glad to send him back to work on Monday so that I could rest and have my own remote. He was sweet and left food in the crockpot, though. I did freeze a bunch of meals and bought lots of frozen meals ahead of time - that was a god send.

I had lots of gas pains for the first two weeks. Then they were over. I found that once I upped the fiber and started doing a little walking that they were so much better. Make sure that your doctor sends you home with a stool softner to keep things moving.

Good luck! Don't worry - you will be okay alone. This website will help you get through. And the more you can do to be prepared ahead of time, the easier things will be afterwards.

Shelley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register