Cyst in Kidney | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cyst in Kidney Cyst in Kidney

Unread 01-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Cyst in Kidney

Has anyone had a fluid-filled cyst on their kidney? If so, did you experience pain with it and what was done about it? I've been having really bad backaches and had a full body scan done and the only thing they found was a cyst. I've had every other test done, blood, urine, ultrasound. Doctors can't find anything yet my back feels like I'm having back labor. Any help would be great. Thanks, Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Cyst in Kidney

I do not personally have a cyst on my kidney, but my mother in law does, we are very close. She went to the doctor with back pain and they tested her for a kidney infection. Turns out she had no infection, but she did have blood in her urine. So, they sent her for an ultrasound, that is when they found the cysts. Her family doctor then sent her for some other kind of test, where they run dye into her kidneys and take x-rays. The cysts turned out to be nothing serious, but she will have to continue to have them checked. Her back does still hurt her sometimes though.
Unread 01-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Cyst in Kidney

I have been off the boards for the last week due to what was classified as a "rip roaring kidney infection." This was dx by a urine test only in ER. I was put on Cipro and haven't really had any improvement in the back pain. Due to other issues I take Lortab 5mg 4x daily, so wasn't given any pain meds in ER. However, this hasn't really touched the pain and I'm beginning to wonder if I have stones or something else going on (kidney-wise.) While I can't give you any information about cysts, I wanted to give you a and hope that you get the answers you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Cyst in Kidney

Thanks for your replies. I've been on the boards for almost 2 years and am on everyday. I've followed some of your posts. I wish you the best and home you feel better soon.
Unread 01-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Cyst in Kidney

I have one now. I have had every test known to man. I can say that it hurts like heck. I get really bad flank pain and even the percocet does not touch it. When they go in in 8 days they will look at it then.
Sorry kidney pain is horrid, I know.
Carrie
Unread 01-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Cyst in Kidney

What are you going in for this time? If you don't mind me asking.
Unread 01-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Cyst in Kidney

Not at all, I have Ovarian Remnant Syndrome (ORS) microscopic parts of my ovaries were left behind durring my hyst. Not uncommon in endo patients. They cycle and enlarge(baseball size) and I have cysts on them. I am in constant pain and it feels like the endo is back, let alone adhesions. One of my remnants is on my ureter and in Spetember I nearly lost my left kidney because of it.
So, that is that.
Carrie
Unread 04-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Cyst in Kidney

Oh My Gosh I am glad for this site.
I had a Total Ab Hyst on December. A few weeks ago I had unbearable back pain. I went to my reg doc and he thought I might have a kidney inf or stone so sent me for a Cat Scan. The next day he called me to his office and then sent me to Sioux City (2 hours away) I had a mass on my right side. My gyn was there and thought it was Ovary Tissue growing, but didn't tell me it was called Ovarian Remnant Syndrome. She called in a Urologist and thought it was on my ureter. He thought he could see a stone though so put in a stint. I passed the stone (I think) and am not in much pain now. Stints out. But I went to have another Ultrasound last week and they found a mass on the other side too. So... we are treating it with Birthcontrol pills for now. I go back in two weeks.
How have you come out. Did you have to have surgery for removal?? Did you have other options?
Unread 04-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Cyst in Kidney

Hi Stumpedshopper, I hade my remnant removed on Feb 7 via vertical incision. It was kind of a repeat of the hyst. A bit easier, but very similar recovery. If the remnant is there the only way to do anything about it is to remove it. Because of sever adhesions they could not go in laporscopiclly with me. That very well may be an option for you. The birth control won't fox it, it is just a temporary fix.
If I can assist you at all let me know.
Carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register