Total Hyster, very scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total Hyster, very scared Total Hyster, very scared

Unread 01-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Total Hyster, very scared

Hi everyone, I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this website we don't have anything that even comes close to the help on here, in the the UK!! Well I'm 37yrs young have 3 lovely sons & a loving caring hubby, we have just been hit by devastating news that I need a full hysterectomy due to malignant tumours on my ovaries and huge fibroids I have been bleeding for 38days now and I'm exhausted, tearful & terrified. I'm not scared of the surgery I've had a tummy tuck done a couple of years ago, I'm scared they'll ruin it!! But I'm scared of the after effects, HRT, my sex life (which is fantastic after 18yrs together). Nobody here can help everyone I know who has had the procedure is in their 50s. Any advice? Thx from the cold & wet UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 07:58 AM

HI UKSam,
there are a lot of UKladies here on the site, you can find them in the Neighbourhood forums - they'll be able to share some of the specifics on how things are done in your part of the world.

It is reasonable to be nervous about going into the unknown - especially when you are having surgery that can impact so many aspects of your life.

I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with malignant tumour - should you require any post op support, you may want to check out our Cancer Concerns forum. The ladies there are knowledgable and extremely kind. (and there are some UK gals there too)

I suggest you start by looking at our Checkpoint pages, - they are geared to help you through each stage of getting to surgeyr and getting through recovery as smoothly as possible.
You'll find great links to many parts of the site.
In particular you may want to read the Pre and Post Op articles, found on the home page, left hand side.
If you will be taking HRT, visit our Hormone Jungle, if you won't be taking it, visit our No Hormone Desert Oasis.

As you can see, our site has something for every need.

wishing you well,
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:18 AM

Hi UkSam
i `m 37 live in lincoln uk i had my hysterectomy in nov 2002. All went well, i am still battling with the HRT that`s only because i had endo. Sorry to hear you have got a malignant tumour, but i`m sure after you have your surgery you will feel a sence of relief.
I`m sure if you tell your consultant of your concern`s he will put your mind at rest.
Good luck,
i will be thinking of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 11:01 AM

I'm in London (44 yrs old) always willing to listen, PM me if you want to

I didn't have the probs you do, and kept my ovaries (at the mo) so your issues will be diff to mine.
As I said I'm just a PM away if you feel the need.

s
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:03 PM

Re: tummy tuck issue. Can't they pay attention to that when they do the hyst? Some people have them done at the same time.Tell your doc your worries and concerns.

I am almost 6 months post op and FINALLY feeling better...no more unexpected floods...no more discomfort..I take celexa( an antidepressant) as an alternative to HRT. Make sure you look into NHRT ( bioidentical,natural hormones specifically formulated for you).

Good luck,glad you found this site.

P.S.( Our boat is named after a place we visited in England, Maiden Castle, I think it is in Dorset.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register