functional ovarian cyst - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

functional ovarian cyst functional ovarian cyst

Unread 02-01-2005, 10:41 PM
functional ovarian cyst

Geri,

How did your post-op go? Sounds like you are a quick healer.

I never really had any problems with swelly belly, but my hyst was completely laparoscopic, so probably much less traumatic. I only actually have 2 stitches inside.

Yup, my doc was pretty darn proud of himself! Right before the surgery the anesthsiologist said "This is *so* exciting!" At first I thought that she thought she knew me from somewhere else and was happy that I was having surgery (?!). So, I asked her why it was exciting and she said that this was the first time she'd get to see the robot. She was so jazzed that she rolled me into the OR herself and got in trouble because they weren't quite ready for me . I lost less than 5 cc of blood during the surgery, which I guess is a record. I tried to ask the doc about the endo and ovaries, but, you know how you can only whisper at first? So, he didn't hear me on his way out the door with the video. And then a different doc released me the next day. A few days later I tried calling him to get the explanation and clarification, but, since I didn't have a fever and was not soaking through more than one pad an hour, the nurse wouldn't let me through.

Gosh, it feels good to complain!!

Regarding the mini periods, I've heard a lot of women say that they don't really mind them, since they're *so* much better than how they were before. Plus, you can still sort of keep track of your cycling, if that's important to you, as you near menopause. My periods were never heavy to begin with--just long--and now they're still long! I should buy stock in panti-liners.

Starting back to work part time sounds like a good idea. Take it slowly!

Margot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2005, 07:50 AM
functional ovarian cyst

Hi Margot,

My post-op went fine, got the ok to drive and to go back to work. He gave the ok for reduced hours the next 2-3 weeks. This gives me the option of deciding on a daily basis how long I want to work. Some days I feel I could go all day and others just a few hours, so this is good. I can do a lot from home too, which I have been doing since the surgery------the only difference will be now I can't wear my pajamas! I hate the thouhts of shoes etc....
I was worried that the exam would hurt but it wasn't bad at all. I have to see him again in three weeks and should get the ok then for no more restrictions!

I can't believe the nurse at your doctor's office wouldn't put you thru to him. I would suggest getting his email but I wonder if he would even read it never mind answer it. Can you get a copy of the tape---maybe they were talking during the surgery and that will answer some of your questions.

Now you knew you were going to become a pricess with the surgery----but did you ever image that you would become a video star!!!

I have to say that other than being disappointed that my doctor no longer performed hyst., she has been wonderful thru my whole process. I have never called her where she has not called me back, and a few of those times were from home after she got her kids in bed. And she is one that the hyst is the final option so we tried everything, so there were alot of calls to adjust meds etc..
It sounds like your old doctor was like that too. Even though my surgeon is a very nice man, I can't wait to get back under my regular doc's care.

Did you new doc ever do the silver nitrate treatments to see if that would help with the mini periods? Did the hyst. alter your cycle? I would have been due to get my period this week but I wasn't sure if the hyst would change my cycle at all. If not I will know by the end of this week if I will have any mini periods---so far so good!

Geri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register