Going Home after LSH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going Home after LSH Going Home after LSH

Unread 01-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Going Home after LSH

I am having a consultation for LSH on 2/17. I was originally scheduled for TAH on 2/11. No one in my area performs this type of hyst. I found a doctor that I used to work for in KY that not only performs the procedure, but is a teacher of the procedure. Anyway, my question is for those of you that have had this type of hyst. I noticed some of you went home the same day. My doctor is saying I will be staying 1 night. So, I would like to see how long everyone else stayed in the castle. Did you go home the same day? 1 night?

Thoroughbred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Going Home after LSH

I had my LSH 8 am - 11 am. Left the following evening at 7:30. My insurance approved me to stay up to 2 nights. My Doc left it up to me. I could of stayed another night but I didn't want to face the rude day nurse another day. If you have responsibilities at home make sure and stay another night to rest.
Nancy
Unread 01-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Going Home after LSH

I had my LSH on Dec. 7 and went home the following day. I personally think staying overnight is a good idea. I had surgery around 10 a.m. and didn't try get up out of bed till around 10 p.m. and was extremely dizzy the first time I stood up. Each attempt was better and by the next day I was ready for the car ride home.

I also had to look to find a doctor who does LSH and though I had an hour's drive to get to his office and the hospital he operated from, it was well worth it. I was given clearance to do any activity I wanted after 2 weeks and must say that I pretty much felt up to just about anything. Very little pain was involved as well. If you have any other questions, just ask!

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Going Home after LSH

Hi Thoroughbred,

I had my LSH at an outpatient facility. I had surgery at 7:30 AM and went home at 6:00 PM the same day. My Dr. had me on observation after my surgery and since everything was going well, I was released.

I did have the option to spend the night if my Dr. had wanted me too. Instead, I was released and went home and had a light dinner, took my prescription meds and went to bed for the evening around 8:30 PM.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 01-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Going Home after LSH

Hi,
I had my LSH at 8:00 a.m. and then left the following afternoon at 2:00. I'm glad I spent the night as I couldn't empty my bladder all the way and had to be recathed a couple of times. I then took the catheter home with me and had it removed the following day.

Since I slept with the catheter, I was able to get quite a bit of sleep that night even with the interruptions for vitals, etc. Having the catheter the second night was also great--total uninterrupted sleep!!!

Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you qualify!
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Going Home after LSH

I had my surgery at 7:30 a.m. and was in my room by 11 a.m. I spent the night and went home at 1 p.m. My doctor gave me the option to spend the night and I am glad I did. Good luck.

Tracey
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Going Home after LSH

I went in @ 7:30 and left the next day @ 3pm. Glad I stayed for the confort level, but don't expect to rest. Nurses came in every couple of hrs for vital signs. The hospital was really loud. Still think I would stay the 1 night again for peace of mind. I didn't know how easy the LSH recovery would be for me.
Only pain I had was in my shoulder. Who would have thought it was from gas? Glad I had the nurse to ask. Thought the doctor performed the wrong operation. Weird.

Sirap
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Going Home after LSH

Hi Thoroughbred,

I had a LSH on Dec 29th and insisted to my Dr that I would go home the same night. My surgery was scheduled for 7am. Well I ended up spending one night and in hindsight I'm glad I did. I rested easy knowing the nurses were checking on me and my vitals.
I had no problems and went home the next afternoon. My surgery and recovery were unremarkable. I did develop a fever on day three post op that was treated with antibiotics.
I went back to work this week and today 4 weeks post-op, I have been completly released!
I'm so thankful I had this surgery!!!
I wish you the best,
Raven

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register