any advances in prolapse surgery?? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any advances in prolapse surgery?? any advances in prolapse surgery??

Unread 01-30-2005, 04:35 PM
any advances in prolapse surgery??

(((Barco)))) I remember that my gyn warned me about making the prolapse worse, as I was waiting for my surgery: it took 3 months between the day I scheduled my hyst and the day I went to the castle. For me, this meant avoiding straining and lifting in order not to stress the pelvic floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2005, 06:47 PM

Lei-55
Hello
If you think you have a rectocele you might want to try kegel exercises. My dr. suggested them at first when my rectocele was small. Also, add fiber to your diet. I am using benefiber and colace to avoid straining. Avoiding straining is the most important thing you must do for now.
I hope everything turns out good for you. I know it has been a long road. Remember though, a prolapse is like a hernia and will not go away. they usually get worst as time goes on. It is better to get repaired before you hit menopause. Somehow it heals up better.
Maybe I've done too much research!!! LOL

Good luck my sister!
Peggy
Unread 01-30-2005, 07:36 PM

Hello Ladies,
I have been searching here to find other sisters who have had 'repair' work!! I am so glad I found this thread!

I had A&P repair along with the LAVH almost 11 weeks ago.. My doctor is not communicative. Gave me a release of -go slow-

Large babies was the main culprit I believe-that's what he said anyway- along with I suspect- genetics and thinking I'm superwoman!

Any way I have posted all over at different sites since I am planning on going back to curves this week.. On the what are the permanent restrictions, and since at Curves there are no markings at to poundage on the machines?? what about the ones that you lift with your legs?? I am most concerned there!!
Also, I've been trying to do the Kegels on a much more regular basis now.. but find that I get a burning sensation, almost pain in the vaginal area, as if I'm squeezing something that just doesn't like it much..I mentioned to dr and he said keep doing them anyway. there is still a small bulge up in the vagina says only way to fix all of the bulges would to remove the whole vagina..At least it is up inside.

All in all my recovery from surgery was good. Just the sitting was the hardest part at first. Now I am most concerned about overdoing in the exercising and not wanting to ruin anything!!

What do you ladies think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2005, 07:28 AM

I really don't have any answers right now. My dr. put me on no work until March 23rd. He said I can return to my normal job then. Actually a lady fills out the paperwork for him. I told him at my pre op appt that I can do light duty for 90 days after I return and he thought I should take advantage of that. Now, my disability papers don't state it that way. I need to get it cleared up before I send them in.
From what I have read on some of these postings one should avoid heavy lifting, etc. forever. I wasn't told that though. I need to get some things cleared up while I am off.My job is very physical.
If I find anything out from my dr. I will post it.

Peggy
Unread 01-31-2005, 12:35 PM

Mtdewpeg, Yes I know about Kegal Ido them sometimes . Iam over menopause I Think? Itake metamucil fiber every day I aviod straing as much as possible,Ido have alot of knowlege of rectocele.But i am not a dr. Thats what i heard it wont get better. Iwill make the Visit with the Dr in the near future.I need a break from them. thanks again for your advice Your a good sister. your healing.Work on that Disability
Unread 02-03-2005, 06:22 PM

I just had a visit with my family doctor today for other reasons than prolapse, but did ask her about exercising. She said to avoid any exercise that puts a strain on your abdominal muscles because that would make it worse. She told me I can do aerobics and walking. Also, upper body exercises should be ok, but I shouldn't do anything like weightlifting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register