Just an Update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just an Update Just an Update

Unread 01-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Just an Update

Hello Ladies,
WEll i figured while I was sitting have coffee I would post an update...Many have asked and its just not in me today to answer everyone. I was taken off my antidepressants and was having a very rough time. I am doing ok, not phenomanally great but keeping the nasty demons at bay.

I find my tummy hurting more and more each day, sneezed this afternoon and thought I was gonna pass out! So have to see a doctor about that. I am still exhausted rather quickly but I know I am only 4 months out.

SO I am hanging in there. All alone today, as DH got pushed into a job, and didnt really want it. He is stressing about his school now, and I dont blame him. Lots of phone calls for his next assignment to places that are open the same hours he works. So it will be tough going for us for awhile.

Hugs to everyone
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Just an Update

Hey Kat,

Thanks for updating. I am sorry to hear you are struggling a bit. I was on anti-depressants a few years back. Seeing a shrink too. But, I ended up taking back my life on my own. Coming off the shrink was easy...coming off the pills was not. Took a while, but I knew that it was better for me to be off them in the long run.

I replaced the pills with getting out everyday walking in the fresh air. It was an amazing thing for me. I would walk by people, smile and say good morning and they would say it back!!! It gave me a new view of the world.

Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. I hope the doc can help with that.

I wish you DH luck as he juggles the schedule for a while. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, they say. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Just a little hill to climb in the journey of life...

Best wishes...

Hugs,
Sarah
Unread 01-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Just an Update

HI Kat,
ray:
I know I am one of the ones that e mailed you. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. In my 30's, I too struggled greatly with depression. This hysterectomy has been a walk in the park compared to the doom and gloom I used to suffer. I hope and pray the black fog lifts for you. I AM still on anti depressants. Recently ( as I told ya) I went from lexapro to effexor to wellbutrin back to lexapro. All because I went to a new doctor. The lexapro was working good. ( I guess ) I am not depressed. HANG IN THERE GIRL... It is gonna get better. It has got to. Take Care.
Sunshine 48

( Mtwpeg is home from surgery and doing good)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Just an Update

Hi Kat.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I've been thinking about you.

You are not alone, friend.

Take good care.

Marla
Unread 01-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Just an Update

Kat, what's it like coming off the Effexor?

I don't think I want to come off it, because I suffered silently from depression for many years before I got up the courage to ask for help. Now that I have it, I plan to stick with it. I guess if I didn't have depression and if I was only taking Effexor to control menopause symptoms, I would feel differently.
Unread 01-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Just an Update

KAT!!!!!! Girl I was worried about you.
You hang in there Kat. things will get better. Hows the weather where you are?- do you think that might have a little to do with the mood? I know it has been 15 days and counting since I have seen the sun, and I am about ready to freak. I am climbing the walls!!!!
You take care girl, and know that I am here if you need to talk. I know you are struggling, but please keep in mind that you are loved and thought of daily and respected much throughout this whole community.
Hugs to you.
snickers
Unread 01-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Just an Update

Hi, Kat

Glad you posted, have been wondering how you're doing. Just wanted to let you know we're rooting for you and that we care how you're doing.

Keep us informed, OK?
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Just an Update

Hi Kat
Just remember I am behind you and always will be. We are alot alike you know.
I thought you were feeling down now so I am sending you s and more s and sayingers that you will feel ok soon.I hope to see you posting again when you are up to it.

Love
Peggy
Unread 01-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Just an Update

Hi Kat,
Well it is Friday now. That means I get to sleep in tomorrow. I look foward to that every week. I hope that you are feeling better today.....

Sincerely, Sunshine 48

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register