TAH incision size - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH incision size TAH incision size

Unread 01-28-2005, 07:58 AM
TAH incision size

HI,

5 inches and currently 17 steri strips, but they are falling off daily...yippee!

Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 08:17 AM
TAH incision size

I was in no hurry to take off those steri strips! I let them soak good in the shower and took two or three off a day until I got them all. Isn't it amazing how fast our body heals and seals?!?!?!
I'm a month and a day past my TAH............wow.......time flies....feeling great! Now I'm on to my next health issue.....treating skin cancer on my face and neck.........not nearly as radical as the hysterectomy, but finally making myself deal with it. It seems like the 40's is when my body has decided to act out.........anyone else experiencing this? Between female issues, being diagnosed Hypothryroid last year, skin cancer, feet problems, high cholesteral.............I'm not complaining, it could be worse, when it rains it pours theory I guess.............our medical deductions will help our taxes this year for sure!
Unread 01-28-2005, 08:44 AM
TAH incision size

My doctor told me she made a 5 inch vertical incision. She had to work around mesh from an umbilical hernia repair and infection concerns if the incision extended to an area beyond the apron. So there were boundaries at top and bottom.

There wasn't enough room for the large uterus so the biggest fibroid was removed first.

Actually this is kind of gross. I am so thankful for this site because I would never divulge this otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 11:22 PM
TAH incision size

I am almost 6 weeks post op. I had a vertical incision. I had a vertical from my c section last July. My great Doc used the same line but made my scar much nicer. The old one was pretty wide - I had staples with that one. This time it was dissolving stitches inside and glue on top. It has now shrink down to about 4 inches long and 1/8" wide.
Unread 01-29-2005, 09:30 AM
TAH incision size

I had a TAH with a 5-6 inch incision with 10 staples. The staples came off the first week and then were replaced with steri strips. The strips came off last week (by the doctor) and now the incision is naked and left to heal on its own.
I think the size and extent of the incision all depends on what you have had done previously and what the doctor needed to accomplish with your current procedure. It was very eye opening to read the other posts and realize how many different ways and methods were used for each procedure.

Good Luck!
Unread 01-29-2005, 11:21 AM
TAH incision size

Mine is about 8 inches long, from navel to pubic bone. After 13 months looks like a long thin scratch.
Unread 01-29-2005, 11:54 AM
TAH incision size

My incision is about 5-6inches and is GLUED!!
It is horizontal and right at the hairline so won't even show once everything grows back LOL (not that I care or would wear ANYTHING that might show that scar)

Mary Beth
Unread 01-29-2005, 03:37 PM
TAH incision size

Hi
Not really sure how long mine is, I had 27 staple, haven't been able to messure it yet I have an infection and it's not healed yet, it's been covered, But my fibriod was 9" x 9" and almost 4 lbs. Plus 3 smaller ones, The incision goes from my hair line to about 1 inch above my belly button. I'll ask the nurse tomorrow she'll be repacking it then she comes everyday.

Lori
Unread 01-29-2005, 06:05 PM
TAH incision size

4 days post op, home with at least 15 staples and 15 black silk thread outter stitches.....doc said I'm a big girl and he didn't want to take any chances. But doc.....I'm "fluffy" LOL They all come out next week, then will surely go to steri strips.

Vertical incision is about 10 inches long, from belly button on down.....hey doc....I thought I told you to tattoo me an arrowhead when you were done.....point those men in the direction of my new and improved princess arena!!! HA!!!

Happy to say that only four days out and I'm much more liking this "side"......it's over!!!

Moonglow Nancy
Unread 01-29-2005, 07:30 PM
TAH incision size

had mine done on the 21st of january. still find my lower tummy is swollen...how long does this usually last? Also have about a 10 inch horizontal scar, dissolvable stitiches and steri strips, which are already gone. Little tummy tuck to get rid of some of the mess the previous 2 c-sections left behind 25 years ago. I have a belly button again! How long is the uncomfortableness for?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register