Desperate! need help!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Desperate! need help!! Desperate! need help!!

Unread 01-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Desperate! need help!!

I am sitting here at this computer crying my eyes out. I just do not know what else to do.
I had my hysterectomy on 8/30/04. My surgery went well. I had a total hysterectomy with both ovaries removed. I am 37 years old. I take vivelle dot .025 patch. I used to take estradiol at first. After my surgery things seemed well besides the hormone ups and downs, that levelled off but after I went back to work at 6 weeks I started to get headaches and spams in the shoulder and neck muscles. Since then they have progressively gotten worse. I know get these head rushes that feel like a sudden pressure to the head that is so intense that it brings me down and they are horrible. They have gotten worse also. I am starting to get extremely depressed. My GYN says it has nothing to do with surgery. Prior to surgery Never I mean never would get a headache. I have had an ct scan, mri, mra, eeg,lyme test. seen chiro. All came back fine. I do not know what else to do. I am so sad as I feel that this surgery was the worst thing that has ever happened to me. It has changed my life so much. I used to be so happy. I am soo sad all the time. I do not go out as much any more and am miserable. Any suggestions. Any one else expirence these symptoms at all. My regular doctor said that maybe my headaches are from depression and she wants me to take zoloft. I do not like that idea at all and my husband feels tha depression is not the answer. I am at my last straw and really just do not know what to do. Help, Please!! Any words would be great!!. Sorry so long!!. I feel stupid sitting here crying when there is so many others suffering so much worse than myself, like these poor tsunami victims. Thank You so Very Much for being here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 02:52 AM
Desperate! need help!!

Auntum I sorry you are in pain and are upset. I am glad that the MRI and other test came back okay but it still does not answer the why behind the headaches for you.
Did the headaches start after you went back to work? Could they be caused by stress at work? You mention your shoulder and neck have you tried a chiropractor, you may have a pinched nerve.
Did you change your patch at the same time, before during the return to work? Have you been checked to make sure that you are not allergic to your patch?
Sorry so many questions but just to understand more so maybe you will get more help and answers.
Best wishes
Unread 01-28-2005, 03:04 AM
Desperate! need help!!

regarding my previous post, I did not mean to write allergic to your patch I was hearing something on TV and typed that.
I meant have you had DR check to make sure you are recieving the right doseage..Maybe increase/decrease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 06:00 AM
Desperate! need help!!

(((auntem))), I am sorry that you are feeling so awful.

From all I've read in the Jungle, it sounds like you are on a very low dose of estrogen and that you could benefit from an increase in your dose. I know when my estrogen levels are low I get migraines. It's not uncommon. You can look at the list of symptoms commonly seen for too much/too little estrogen, progesterone and testoserone and see if any other symptoms sound familiar to you.

Please give your doctor a call and ask about having your dose increased. You might want to increase gradually, giving each dose a chance to work before increasing again. Once you find the right level you should feel a lot better. It takes time and patience but it can be done. Hopefully your doctor will help you with this. If not, it's perfectly acceptable to use your family doctor to prescribe your hormones.

Also, you'll get better absorption if you wear your patch on your backside (around where a pocket of your jeans would be). Rotate the patches from one side to the other--never front to back/back to front. That could cause fluctuations which wouldn't be pleasant, either.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

s
Unread 01-28-2005, 06:09 AM
Desperate! need help!!

Sorry things are so bad for you at the moment I send you a big hug!
I beleive that when your hormones are not balanced correctly that it can upset your whole body. I have been having dreadfull headaches and my Dr said that its down to the hormones.

I have 1 ovary left and Im waiting to see if it will work properly. I have to wait 3 months before I can even have a test for my hormones. I too, get very low and upset. Please speak to you Dr again and if he truly feels anti-deppressants will help, give it a go.

You have little to lose and a lot to gain.

Sending you my love,
Tricia. x
Unread 01-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Desperate! need help!!

auntem,

I went to my chiropractor yesterday for the 1st time since surgery-11 weeks ago. I have had neck, lower back and leg pain since my surgery. I talk to gyn about it he said muscle strain due to length of my surgery (4 hrs) and it should clear up by the 8th week. It did't and my neck has gotten worse and is causing terrible tension headaches. Chiro told me that when you are under anestesia as long as I was the body is in such a deep sleep and so relaxed that the simple act of moving you from the table to a bed can cause your spine to shift. I will have to see him again next week, and then monthly for a while-he said we have alot of work to do. It really felt better when I left. Just relaying my own experience good luck to you.
Unread 01-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Desperate! need help!!

Hi Auntem,
I cannot help with the hormones, but I get these horrible headaches. They were caused by muscle spasms in my neck. Very hard to diagnose, but they were there.... My doc put me on Flexeril which is a muscle relaxant, and my headaches went away. A very simple thing to do to see if it helps, take a 2L pop bottle, fill with hot water, and throw a towel over it, put it beside your pillow and put the curve of your neck on it. I should add, you just may have to suck it up, and sadly, go and get a neck massage....I know that will be very tough to put up with, but a great excuse to pamper the princess!! hehe

FYI, did you know if your shoes are not good support, you can get headaches also? If your body is ever so slightly off, it will cause you to carry yourself different and cause neck and back muscle spasms and headaches??

Hugs
Kat
Unread 01-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Desperate! need help!!

I too can understand the whole headache thing. I have been suffering from them since my pregnancy. Actually now that i think of it i was reading over some medical records and its actually been since i had my first stay in the hospital with cystic ovaries at age 11. So I KNOW that mine are caused from hormonal fluctuations. After i had an ovary removed and an EA they seemes to improve for a few weeks. Until Just recently i have had a constant headache. I cant really give you advice on how to get rid of them since i myself cannot figure that out. But i can sympathize with you and your frustration I guess i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your suffering. We,My doctors and I, also have tried profalactic meds. and all those tests. They just cant fix it. If i go on hormones they get worse. So once again I wanted to let you know that YOU ARE NEVER ALONE in the pain you feel, wheather its at the top or the bottom.
Unread 01-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the responses

Thank you for the responses,
I have called the gyn and we are going to increase my hormones to the next dose up. I am just about willing to try anything at this point. I know the risks as I have alot of breast cancer in my family but my quality of life is important to me also.
I have seen a chiro and was told the same thing about the surgery and your neck mucles. But I have been going to the chiro for over a month now and not much difference from that. I have also tried musle massage too. I have tried warm/cold packs- hot baths- yoga- relaxation technigues. Believe I have tried almost everything and nothing yet that has worked. I am crossing my fingers and praying the increase in hormones will help. If not I am back to square one again. At least my headaches do not make me sick at all. They just are annoying and make me a little grumpy at times. I have noticed also that I turn people down more when asked to go out. I am too scared of getting one of those intense preassure head rushes while out. I would be embarrased as for about 5 minutes I am unable to move from the pressure until it goes away.

Well, I will update if the increase in hormones help. If they do not then I am putting myself back on the lower dose. I just hate playing around back and forth with these hormones. I am starting to think that I am doing too much. Poking and messing with hormones that maybe I should just stay on the does I am on now and just wait and wait until my body eventually calms down. But how long will that take! eeks. Thanks again. I will keep you posted.
Unread 01-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Desperate! need help!!

Hi
I am just sending you some cyber s and ers. I don't know much about hormone replacement since I kept my ovaries. I went through a period of several months where I would cry and just be plain miserable. I still felt physically sick and my gyn had no answers for it. I went on zoloft and it did help me alot. At the same time I was better able to keep pushing for answers to my ailments. I found out I needed my GB removed . I weaned off of the antidepressants about 3 months ago. It did help me gain control of myself again and allowed me to think clearly. It isn't a bad thing to use them when in such a emotional turmoil. You have been through alot and I just hope you get things straightened out so you can feel better.
I'll be praying for you.

Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register