11 days PO Staples Out 6 More weeks Ouch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 days PO Staples Out 6 More weeks Ouch 11 days PO Staples Out 6 More weeks Ouch

Unread 01-28-2005, 06:40 AM
11 days PO Staples Out 6 More weeks Ouch

Hi Sisters,
Well I had my staples out yesterday, all 15. I had a TAH ( everything is gone ) I was very nervous on how they were going to remove the staples but they used a staple remover and it really didn't hurt as much as I had thought. Just a bit annoying.. The doc said all reports showed no cancer.. Yeah!!! But doc did say NO driving, baths, sex, cleaning, cooking, long walks, nothing.. he told me to just stay in bed and rest it out. For 6 weeks.. I can't do that.. I am a clean freak. well no thats not true. We have 4 cats a dog and kids.. the house is always messy but it needs to be cleaned everyday.. vacumed, dusted and what not..and food needs to be made and dishes washed.. So When I came home from the docs I was feeling pretty good.. I was happy the staples were out and that there was no cancer.. So what did I do.. i tried to wash some dishes.. HAHA.. Stupid Stupid Stupid.. needless to say within two minutes I was on the bed screaming in pain.. I do see that many docs allow you to get back to normal much sooner than 6 weeks.. when I asked the doc about this he said all surgons are different and differnt work gets done on ech of us.. He said that I have many stiches inside that need to heal and if I move around I will just make tons of scar tissue and in a year will be in pain from that. So although the house is a mess and now the 10 year old is home sick. I guess I will just have to sit back and watch it all.. hubby helps 100% but he leaves early and dosn't get home untill about 7 at night.. by that time he has worked 12 hours and hes tired.. I can't make him continue to then clean and cook andneverything else.. I guess ladies, those of us that are on 6 weeks bed rest will just have to do it.. If not we will be back on here in 5 months asking why do I have pain..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 07:50 AM
11 days PO Staples Out 6 More weeks Ouch

Hi Midnite41,

I had a TAH/BSO on Jan 14th. The doctor replace my staples with steri strips before I left the hospital. I was really afraid it would hurt, too, but it wasn't bad at all. The worst part for me was the glue for the strips...he applied it witha q-tip and it felt like painful gerbils running across my abdomen. YUCK!

It seems like you have a lot of restrictions on activities. Perhaps your children could pitch in? I have a 9 and 12 year old and they are capable of doing the dishwasher, dusting, windex-ing, bringing laundry up or down to the cellar for washing, swiffer-ing the dust bunnies (two cats and a dog here), etc. I keep repeating to my family..."PAMPER THE PRINCESS!!" and they are getting used to being more helpful. And dinners? Let them eat cereal if need be once in a while when you are tired. It won't kill'em and they may like it as a treat! Pizza delivery, chinese food....This is all temporary. You will be back 100% before you know it!

Hang in there!

Best wishes,
Jennifer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register