facial hair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-28-2005, 07:58 AM
facial hair

Have any ladies out there who had a facial hair problems pre-op, had total hyst & now on hormones found a difference in that yukky issue post-op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 08:39 AM
facial hair

My kid used to tease me about my moustache before the surgery, but yes, it has gotten worse since. I am now sporting or attemptin to sport a better beard than my DH who is very hairy. I had a testosterone shot and I notice there are more hairs now then before. And the worst part is, just between you and me, I had to buy a nose hair trimmer last week.

You are not alone.....
Hugs to you
Kat, the bearded lady!!
Unread 01-28-2005, 08:51 AM
facial hair

Yes since my surgery, I am now seeing some hair on my lip & more hair in my nose. I did not have hair on any part of my face before the sugery, but it is there now, I hope it does not grow too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 08:57 AM
facial hair

If it gets too bad, we can all run away together and join the circus. (Do they still have circuses? ) If not we could start one
Unread 01-28-2005, 09:01 AM
facial hair

That is what makes this place so great!! Susan, it is not politically correct anymore, and derogatory and discriminatory to have the 'bearded ladies' in the circus, at least here in Canada, and i assume the States, but it is ok. We have something much better. We have a bearded sisterhood, where we are loved for more than our beards, and moustaches....We are not judged and I am actually waiting for Kathy to have a beard growing contest!!!

Hugs
Kat
Unread 01-28-2005, 09:06 AM
facial hair

Kat, you crack me up! What I've noticed though is as the hair on the face increases, the hair on the legs is decreasing - except for my left big toe - what's up with that?
Unread 01-28-2005, 09:17 AM
facial hair

Just got done plucking!! I've always been hairy. Once I went for electrolysis and the zapper lady said it was my Nordic and Scottish heritage. Thanks a lot, you celts!!

I'd like to go get zapped again, but it is $60.00 an hour!!

A few years ago I worked with a woman in her sixties that told me her pits and legs stopped getting so much hair after hyst, but that she grew sideburns and a mustache. How unfair is that!!

I am growing more on my face now and I asked the doc about it. Now, ladies for the GOOD news!! He said I probably pump a bit too much testosterone. He said he doesn't want to dink around with my hormones for a while, but informed me that women with testosterone tend to be more sexual!!

I guess as long as it doesn't get soooo bad that my honey gets a turn off from it that's good, right?????

Unread 01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
facial hair

Well now Im just plain jealous...Hair on your big toe?? I have hair on all 10 lil piggies, and the legs are worse than they were....Stomach is worse, everything is worse....I am going to buy stock in Gillette I think....

As for the sideburns, anyone else have cutesy lil curls?? rofl

Hugs
Kat
Unread 01-28-2005, 03:58 PM
facial hair

Harley,
I have curleyques in my sideburns. The hair that grows on the sides of my face is very long and even though it's blonde I have to um...kind of slick it down. One time the beautician came at me with the buzzers!! The other night I was laying with my head in my honey's lap and he started stroking my face. It felt great until I realized he was kind of grooming me!! Wah!!! I haven't had to use a comb yet!!

Gotta have a sense of humor about this. Tell me about that stock in Gillette, okay?

Have any of the rest of you noticed that Nair for the face does nothing or if it does anything at all it just kind of fries the ends? And...I learned the hard way that if you leave it on longer (I know it comes with warnings...but when you are desperate) it really does cause burns!!!
Unread 01-28-2005, 04:25 PM
facial hair

I to have a beard and mustache. Nobody but my family knows since I shave it daily. I am thinking about try Lazer hair removal. Has anyone tried it? They have a tech. who does it at my Gynocologists office. The flyer says it works really well on fair skinned people. I am Scottish and ???. I hope it doesn't get worse due to my Hyst. The other day at work my coworker told me I needed to look in the mirror at my nose. When I did there was one 1/4" long hair sticking out of it. I immediately pulled it and thanked her. It was not there that morning I swear. I am very careful to look at my nose because my nostrils are very visable. My DH also complains that since he has turned forty+ he has hairs that grow wild suddenly. Oh the tricks mother nature plays on us as we age.
Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register