10 weeks and wondering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 weeks and wondering 10 weeks and wondering

Unread 01-28-2005, 07:41 PM
10 weeks and wondering

Hi, to the hystersisters,

I was hoping to post some good news right about now like, I feel wonderful. But it seems that the journey is still not hurdle free.

I am still having pain with urination, moreso at night. My doctor prescribed urispas, which does help a bit, but not totally. I have a mid sleep visit and the pain takes a while to quiet down until I go back to sleep. Then I only make it a few more hours and just go a head and awake.

My primary care suspects that I also may have IBS. Which presents itself in left sided pain(colon), with constipation, the detrol and urispas might not have helped in that area. So I have just started on Zelnorm for that.

My sleep is tense, so I sometimes get weak on my right side, and have burning back pain. All my pathology and tests were normal. So, my doc. just blames the posture and tense sleeping.

So, I'm not having fun yet. Wondering if any 10 weekers + have experienced this. And will say....In the 11th week it all stopped!

I do have good stints. Usually in the afternoon. I am walking, drinking water, and doing what I can... But still....looking to be myself again. Thanks for any bit of comiss...or advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2005, 12:25 AM
10 weeks and wondering

hi C. Ann

I am almost 10 weeks, and although I havent had the problems you have re your urinary tract, I am also wishing I felt better than what I do.

I am exhausted and not sleeping very well., feel emotionally decript and crying over all sorts of stupid things.

What we have to realise that although we are 10 weeks out, we are still very early in our healing and cannot expect to feel 100%. I was devistated to go back to work and realise that I was feeling worse than I did at the 5 week mark.

Its a long slow road unfortunately.....

I hope you get some relief soon.

ange
Unread 01-29-2005, 03:08 AM
10 weeks and wondering

I'm ten weeks as of yesterday and I'm wondering if feeling "normal" is a dream. Normal is a new unchartered land. I feel very little pain since the surgery any more. Except a new host of irritations. Like impatience. Overall impatience with everyone including myself. I feel new. Not like the old Angela. But on bad days, I am pessimistic and overly sensitive.

Sensitive to smells, tastes, people. I feel raw. Not at all sexual. Not sensual either. I feel every bit my age nowadays. I started back to work as soon as I got my six week clearance. I even tried sex twice. I'm having deep intimacy problems. I don't feel like I fit in my own skin any longer.

My belly swells at the end of the day. My back aches. I still crave sweets. And exercise is still on the avoidance list. Sometimes things just seem gray. I wonder if I'm depressed and don't even realize it. I fear that me and my DH of 1.5 yrs marriage will never resume our sexual relationship the way it used to be. We argue and bicker more.

I don't regret the surgery completely, but I think when they took out that overgrown fibrous uterus, they took something essential to me, because I don't feel girlish anymore. I feel old. And that isn't good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2005, 06:00 AM
10 weeks and wondering

I hit the 10 week mark on Thursday. Had an exetremely emotional weekend last weekend due to frustration, hormonal imbalance and a host of other issues. I'm having a rough time sleeping and such an intense pressure on the entire abdomin. I went to my regular physician and she took an abdominal series to see I was very full of bowel. No kidding - I feel like my intetine might blow up!! So she's putting me on Miralax for that.

Because I've been extremly own for quite a while we're going to try Cymbalta at a very low dose. I guess it's good as an anti-depressant as well as it's work on/with the pain receptors.

Were also awaiting blood tests testing my thyroid, which several sisters here have suggested might be out of whack.

So, the medical phase has not gone away from my life - I keep looking down the tunnel and waiting for that day.
Unread 01-29-2005, 06:12 AM
10 weeks and wondering

The ten week mark has me echoing all of your above posts. I thought by now I would be cured. Found out that recovery is a long journey.

I am also depressed at times especially when I get home from work with my sore back and swollen stomach. I also had no idea what the repercussions of losing my ovaries would be and only being able to take progesterone would have on my physical and emotional well being. I have trouble sleeping and 0 libido. Get hot flashes still but nothing like the first few weeks. No night sweats that drench me anymore. Still have sore spots in belly, waiting for CT results so therefore I have not even attempted the deed. My DH is being so patient and caring.

I have returned to the normal household activities except for vacuuming and moping. I was very ill in the fall and didn't do my normal Mrs Clean fall cleaning. My DH said we will wait til Spring and go thru each room thoroughly. All the rooms need to be painted as they still have the builders flat non washable paint. Wash the spot loose the paint.

I also still have bladder spasms but am going to have a cystoscope next Tuesday for hematuria. IVP was normal preop. This will be the last test in my workup.

I was in such severe pain preop that the surgery did help me. I do have lingering issues, but as these things get worked up, I sure do hope my recovery will speed up. It is very hard dealing with physical limitations, but lets hope by Spring/ Summer we will be back to normal or whatever is better than now since I am not sure what normal is anymore! We will get thru this together sisters. Hang in there!
Unread 01-29-2005, 06:28 AM
10 weeks and wondering

Thank you sisters, a little bit of "I hear ya" is medicine in itself.

I had another rough night with my bladder. So the cystoscope may be in my future. Good grief, more fun huh?

My friend just went thru breast cancer, all finished, did well, and we had a chic group that kept taking her out and keeping her going. One outing cards went around the table to make us laugh. One of them said:

"Put your big girl panties on and deal with it" It had one of those old fashion sepia tainted 1940's girls on it. I thought the saying said it all.

So...still putting my big girl panties on and dealing with it.

I liked the vision of Spring! May Spring warm our faces and soothe our former painful bodies, and may we all put our string bikinis on ( well not actually) instead of our big girl panties. Because, frankly, I'm tired of them.

Take care everyone. C. Anne
Unread 01-29-2005, 07:06 AM
feeling normal again

Hi there, all you ladies,
You seem like you are still having some post op troubles.

I am over 7 months post op now, and most days I feel normal-it took awhile though, and I don't have my libido and sex life completely back.

Some of the symptoms you are having sound like either depression or menopausal symptoms. Please check out the Hormone Jungle and see what kinds of options you might find. There are alternatives also for those that can't take HRT. My friend is taking an antidepressant for menopausal symptoms and it has helped her hot flashes.

Also time will help-it doesn't seem like it, but you are still pretty early post op. I felt a big jump forward at about 4 months post op.

Isn't it great that you have this site to come one and vent? Consider becoming a Crown Jewel also-you can journal then and write about your daily frustrations and get some good responses on there. I found it very helpful to do that for quite awhile after surgery.

Meanwhile 's to you all-may you find healing and recovery along with spring weather soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register