Adhesion pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesion pain Adhesion pain

Unread 01-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Adhesion pain

Hello Everyone,
I have a question, hopefully a simple one, easily answered. Can anyone tell me what the pain was like, is like, when they started feeling it, how did it come on, tests, etc. etc etc. Any info anyone can share will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks Ladies, and sorry to be asking what may be considered a very personal question!!
Hugs toyou all
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Adhesion pain

Naaa...it is not personal girl!
Mine feels like a tugging, tearing, pulling feeling, tight even with occasional sharp stabbing pain and I have swelly belly permanently...I can feel how hard my tummy is, it has no give there. Some sisters experience some burning too, which I believe is nerve intrapment...cause nerve problems tend to give you that burning type pain.
Are you having some pain now? I hope not.
Unread 01-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Adhesion pain

Hi ((Kat)) ,
My pain is similar to what ((marian)) described as well...I have the burning, pulling, ripping, aching...I experience a cramping-type pain 24/7 somedays worse than others. That pain goes down the front of my legs & through my back. I will also a experience a sharp stabbing like pain at times...its more prominent in my right side

There is some great info in our Resource Directory concerning Adhesions; I learned a lot about them from the following site:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=jump&lid=1143

Also here is the link to that particular section of resources:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=browse&cid=5

I hope this helped

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Adhesion pain

Hi Again,
Thanks (((Sheri))), I will most certainly read that....It may answer my questions...

((((Marian)))) Yes, I have pain. I dont think its adhesions which is why I asked....Mine isnt too bad, but appears to be surface, or just in those muscle they used like elastic bands!! It hurts straight down from the belly button, and just above my incision line. It hurts to do certian things, I sneezed the other day and thought I was gonna pass out from the pain. When I lay in bed, and I rub or push that area, it hurts....However, no issues with bathroom or general day to day stuff. There is almost alwasy a 'sensation' there, but not 'pain' just I know it is there, I can feel it constantly. My skin sometimes on my stomach is very sensitive to touch, and sometimes I cannot touch it, then later it gets so very itchy, and I can easily scratch all the skin off my belly.

I also get some really bad pains down into my hips and my right knee, which I had before surgery when i had my period. Think those might just be age!! My mom says uncle arther has struck!!

I am hoping from what i hear on here, that it will be normal healing yet, what concerned me was it got better, and now is worse again. I just keep telling myself, you are still healing, you are still healing....

Hugs
Kat
Unread 01-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Adhesion pain

my adhesions + ovaries caused nausea .. and my endo caused cramps .. severe cramps that felt like waves .. and I had to bear down as though trying topush something out

mei
Unread 01-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Adhesion pain

Kat,

I would certainly let your GYN know what you are feeling. Since you haven't had any problems like that for a long time and now you are having pain. I know you don't want to do it, but I think you should. Your GYN should be aware of new symptoms..so give them a call on Monday and let me know what they say and when you have your appointment
Love ya much,
Unread 01-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Adhesion pain

Harley Kat...I think I know the sensations you are talking about. I read one of your posts where you mentioned pain below your belly button. I also have that, not necessarily pain, but an aching sore spot. Forgot about it one day and leaned against the counter. Yikes! I am getting results from a Ct scan on Tuesday and I will be sure to post my results. I also have twinges near my incision and some aching near my left ovary. Had lots of adhesions cut away and always thought it was from healing. I am still hopeful it is just that. No more problems....Please!
Unread 01-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Adhesion pain

Hello Ladies,
I see my GP today for my hormone results. I have a couple things to discuss with him, apparently the last three months, i have been talking, moaning and even screaming in my sleep. DH wants to find out why and how I CAN DEAL with this. I personally have no issues with it, doesnt bother me a bit!!

So I will ask about these pains? that Im getting, and see what he says....

Hugs
Kat
Unread 01-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Adhesion pain

Hi, Kat.

My pain is a burning, kind of achey pain. It feels more relieved if I stretch out so I don't know if the adhesions are more attached to my abdominal wall or what. I do have one area of pulling very deep on my right side, kind of like under my rib area but I can only feel the pull in certain positions. If I described my areas of tenderness, I would say they were in the shape of an "anchor". Like a big "smile" right over my incision area, then a line up to my navel . . . if that makes any sense. I don't have a lot of trouble with BMs as long as I keep hydrated and eat plenty of fiber and I rarely have cramping pain so I'm glad for that. Like Marian, though, I do keep the swelly belly thing pretty much all the time and my tummy is very firm. Let me tell you that's not from exercise! Hope this helps.
Unread 01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Adhesion pain

Thanks everyone,
I asked my doc today and he mentioned scar tissue but doesnt think that is what it is. He thinks it is more likely than not my IBS flaring up in that one little spot. He almost wore my fist today when he found a nasty spot, and why do they push harder when they find one?? For cryin out loud, scrape me off the ceiling and push harder, what do they think will happen!! There is no guarding, no discernible tenderness where I feel it, but over on the right side, where the colon goes up instead of down. Sooo, I try Buscopan again to see if it stops it, and if it does, then it is IBS. If not, we wait and see. He threw around hematoma, which he thought the last one was, and it is gone, so I am thinking it may just dissappear also.

Who knows, he doesnt think its serious. I dont feel it tonite. Maybe I just need a good push on it every once in awhile!!

Hugs
Kat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register