Food cravings???? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Food cravings???? Food cravings????

Unread 01-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Cravings

Wow, I was just thinking what is up with my Cravings today! I normally dont crave and i dont crave sweets. Today, I cant seem to stop thinking about eating. It may be proceeded by a nervous or irratble feeling. I am not sure. I was doing pretty good until Mom made peach turnovers! It is time to go to bed and all i seem to do is think about food! Grateful for the likemindedness! and here's to sweet dreams! Thunderdog - great storytelling i enjoyed the chuckle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Food cravings????

your welcome. I got in lots of trouble on my second visit to the castle. I think they were glad to see me go. I had a habit of trying to leave to get food or sneaking it in via hubby. LOL I found out that when they don't want to feed you they really don't or is it that they are saving money on the food. I mean the bill that they send home is only around $113,000 by the end of it all. I mean what is with it. They could give you steaks nice big fat ones with potatoes that are really cooked and lots of butter and chocolates to top it. But no they just give you that little IV and say it is helping to nurish you. LOL

Well good night and sleep well. Lots of love and hugs to you all
Unread 01-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Food cravings????

Ooooooooooo, meatballs! I've been wanting to go to Buca di Beppo and get an order of their meatballs. Three meatballs in every order. They are huge full of garlic. WONDERFUL! What I do is slice them and make a sandwich of a slice. They freeze great too. Ooooooooooo, meatballs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Food cravings????

I'm one of those freak of nature women that normally doesn't eat "sweets". However, since I've returned home I've wanted chocolate, ice cream, cookies...you name it! I'd probably even pour plain old sugar into my mouth at this time! It's so strange!!!
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Food cravings????

Why are we all craving sweets, especially chocolate? Is it a hormonal thing or are we just reaching for comfort food. There is nothing more comforting to a woman than chocolate!
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Food cravings????

I'm so not a sweets person, but ever since my hyst all I've wanted is sweets/chocolate. It's soooooo strange. I'm blaming on a hormonal thing, but who knows?!

Before I'd crave salty things like pretzels or chips....I haven't even wanted those since....so strange!!!
Unread 02-01-2005, 05:18 AM
Food cravings????

For many people sweets,breads...chocolate can raise the brain chemical, endorphin, which is the body's natural pain reliever. After surgery our bodies most likely secrete a lot of beta endorophin to protect us from the pain as much as it can....then after the acute apin is gone...less beta endorphin. The result is we are craving because biochemically we (our brain) miss the lovely , helpful beta endorphin. (kind of like a tiny addiction).

Some bodies are more sensitive the the chemical beta endporhin and seratonin ( the other feel good chemical which can be effected by certain foods) than others. It is fascinating and can make yopu nuts if you are trying to watch your weight. Cravings are so strong sometimes.

(The author, Kathleen Des maisons has written extensively about this subject)
Unread 02-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Food cravings????

Hey ! Hey ! I feel left out from the crowd. Since the surgery I have lost the desire to eat chocolate, and have a big box waiting to be opened. I do have more of a craving for fresh juicy fruit, like melons. I suppose that is a blessing in disguise. Take care, Jeanne
Unread 02-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Food cravings????

I am 8 weeks today and have been craving chocolate for the last week or so. Every time I stop at the store I pick up a chocolate bar. I've always liked sweets, but not usually big on plain chocolate. I have not wanted or been able to drink any cola drinks either, used to drink Diet Coke quite a bit. But since my TVH/BSO it doesn't even taste right.
Unread 02-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Food cravings????

Jlawrin, you can just send that nice big box of chocolates west. I'll take it off your hands!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register