5 weekers...are you out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weekers...are you out there? 5 weekers...are you out there?

Unread 01-30-2005, 10:24 PM
5 weekers...are you out there?

How are you all feeling at 5 weeks? I went back to work last week...by Thursday I was wiped out and took Friday off. Don't forget to rest! I feel fine and then after doing too much, I wish I didn't. Hope things are getting back to normal?!?!

Mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2005, 07:45 AM

Hi! 5 weeks tomorrow but not back at work yet. Had TAH LSO.
I'm still up and down with the tiredness issue. Some days
I am a caged tiger and want to go out for a 5K run( I
settle for a slow 1 mile walk) and other days I want to
just lie down and rest.I try not to let DH see me rest too
much as he will accuse me of malingering.I've always been
very active, and he and my kids can't understand why
I'm not back to my old self.Also, I seem to wake up
every a.m. at 5 and can't get back to sleep.Argh!
Am still having vag cuff pain(maybe because I wanted to
keep my cervix ,but they found out in surgery it had
small fibroids all over it ,so out it went).I know all
will get better in time. By the way,isn't this a great
website?None of my close friends have had hysts so
this site has been a Godsend.Hang in there and
best of luck!
Unread 01-31-2005, 02:31 PM
5 weeks today

I am 5 weeks out today. The insomnia & night sweats have been the worst. I get up in the morning feeling good, even though I do not sleep well or am awake at 5 am) & the longer the day goes the worse I feel. I hurt of course the previous weeks, but did not have fatigue-now I am starting to feel really tired by mid afternoon & am not doing that much more. Guess some could be not sleeping well last while. I go to dr thurs but I know he is not at all in favor of hormone replacement so hope he has some magic. I got up & my belly almost felt normal this morning,now at 3 pm it is burning, like sunburn & sore & I am SICK of sweatpants already, hope this improves before summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2005, 03:51 PM

Hi 5 weekers, it will be 5 weeks for me Wednesday. Went back to work for 4 or 5 hours a day last week, am tired by about 2:00 and just say see ya in the morning. Dr. gave the ok for me to drive a little. Sick of the sweat pants too. I am getting around better and am off the pain pills but energy level seems to drop after a while. Hopefully in a few more weeks we'll all be doing lots better.
Unread 01-31-2005, 04:01 PM
5 weeks

I'm 5 weeks also today and drove for the first time! It was a little strange after not driving for 5 weeks but went OK. I was a little sore in my lower abdomen and needed a nap this afternoon. I haven't been cleared to drive yet as my next Dr appt isn't till 2/9 but I didn't want to wait that long! Once I get cleared to go back to work they will have a full agenda for me which includes lots of driving!

I am sleeping pretty well most days. I am on a VERY low dose of Estradiol (0.05 mg) and I guess that is helping with the menopausal symptoms. I don't think I've had any. I also use the progesterone cream but that's it. I have a sleepless night occasionally and some headaches but that's about it. I still have some pain at the end of urinating. I don't know if that will ever go away. I'm still tired a lot. I thought that would be better by now. I hope everyone else is well and healing.
Pat
Unread 01-31-2005, 04:05 PM
5 weeks

I still have that painful sensation most of the time when urinating. I think the strangest thing to me is that I did not feel fatigue first couple weeks, now it is hitting me & the fact that belly can feel so good in morning & thinking I have made progress & later in the day to feel I am regressing.
Unread 01-31-2005, 04:09 PM

Hi all

I will be 5 weeks post op on Wednesday. I am feeling pretty good. I am still a little tender at the incision and insides as well. My biggest complaint is still feeling tired so easily.

I do not work outside the home, so I can rest when I get tired.

Take Care!
Unread 01-31-2005, 04:47 PM

Hi. I will be at 5 weeks Tuesday. I am feeling pretty good. I actually put on a pair of jeans today which made me feel good. The leaking has FINALLY stopped. I may have a pad bonfire next weekend to celebrate. I have a DR. app Tuesday that I am not looking forward to I am sooooo tired of being poked and prodded and I will be soooo glad to be done with it all.

K
Unread 01-31-2005, 05:07 PM
5 weekers

I will be 5 weeks on Wednesday...recuperating from bladder prolapse surgery, VPH, removal of 3 hernias. I am 54. I see the doctor tomorrow.

I can't get over how exhausted I feel at short walks and doing some minor housework, laundry and cooking. I am going to suggest going back to work part-tiime on week 6 and full time on week 8. I have a desk job but go, go, go from the minute I get into work.

I am mostly experiencing lower back pain, front pressure, and pain down the back of one leg when I get tired. I am still having some leaking from the bladder repair.
Unread 01-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Hello to all 5 weekers!

Hi Ya all 5weeks sistah,

Like everyone else here, every week brings a new hope. I feel I am getting better every week. There is less pain now when I walk. My backache is not as much as before. I still walk slowly and cautiously. Living in NY is always fast paced so I try not to go with the flow. I'll be back to work next week (part time only) and I'm sure I'll be easily tired as well like everyone else here. But I won't push myself too much.

Happy healing to all sisters and once you all go back to work don't forget to drop by here once in a while.

Tina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register