Help my emplyer wants me to resign - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help my emplyer wants me to resign Help my emplyer wants me to resign

Unread 01-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Help my emplyer wants me to resign

Hello ladies,
First I would like to thank each of you for your support...it means soo much.
I was contacted this morning by my General manager who contacted HR and found that I am entitled to a medical leave.My surgery was the 27th.I was stunned that I had to go to such extremes to have my job security.First my in store manager(I am a hairstylist) tried everyday last week to have me come out and fill out termination papers,she said it wouldnt go against me as she would put me in as a re-hire & that I could trust her that she would indeed give me back my job.I checked into it then jsut something didnt sound right...
Thats when I contacted my General Manager thinking that she was being deceiptful,I have never heard of firing you whtere they will hire you back or not becasue of medical.
That was when he suggested I resign,it would b April he said before I could come back too long he said.,at that point I informed him that I would contact legal aid on my rights.
I wasnt even thinking about any benifiets.He said he would check into it for me(changed his tune),never in my life had I heard of someone being pushed to resign or terminate becasue of medical reasons.
All I was wanting was the peace of mind that I would stil have a job.It seems to me that they were trying tokeep me from any benifiets that I am entitlted.
My DH is going out there this evening to pick up the form to fax to the doct.I called the main hotline and got my medical leave underway....I may also be entitled to short term disability.
I am gonna look into this more as I feel these people are unjust in what they tried to get me to do...I am sooo glad I didnt sign anything,something just didnt sound right all along.
I think I might consider a "change" once completly recovered.
I thank all of you for your support and encouragement & I will keep you updated on what I find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2005, 10:38 AM

I am so glad to hear you got your leave. Way to go on standing up for your rights!
Unread 01-31-2005, 10:59 AM

Is good that you are educating yourself! Deceitful employers do know the laws......they just are hoping you do not!! That's why they wanted you to resign: they cannot fire you. Am glad you questioned what they were doing, and did not just go along with everything. Way to go!!!!

Take care.............s, Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2005, 05:03 PM

Make sure you keep a copy of what the doctor fills out for your own records. I work for a major retail chain, as a second job. I got a form letter from them at the end of two months saying I either had to work or be terminated. I just called the store that I work for and they took care of it. Their system is one that kicks out form letters if you haven't worked once in 2 months. You would think with technology they could let the system know who is on medical leave.

I ended up coming out ahead. The store decided to put in for me a paycheck so the system would think I worked. They put down a couple of hours of personal leave and a couple of hours of vacation time so I would qualify for the holiday pay that week. I got a 8 hour paycheck which is what I normally work in a week. It was great.

Stand up for your rights.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register