Hello all you two weekers out there!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello all you two weekers out there!!! Hello all you two weekers out there!!!

Unread 02-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Hello all you two weekers out there!!!

Hi Sisters!
Glad to hear so many 2 weekers are doing well. I had my 2 week check up today. The doctor said my incision was healing beautifully. I had a SAH on 1-18 and kept my ovaries. Other than having bowel problems the first week I have so far had a great recovery period. Swelly belly and gas pains are the main things I'm dealing with at the moment.

I can't imagine going back to work so soon! I'm enjoying my 3 o'clock nap every afternoon. I know vaginal surgery is vastly different from abdominal but do you only get 2 weeks to recover?

The doctor cleared me to drive if I want to. She said to listen to my body and don't push myself beyond what I can tolerate. Well I don't feel confident enough in my response time to drive just yet. Maybe at the 3 week mark, I'll try driving a mile down the road to the grocery store, during non-peak hours.

Bless each of you

DeeJay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 06:15 PM
HRT patch

Hi Mickie 61,

I too had a TAH/BSO 2 weeks ago. I started on the Climara patch in the hospital, but my doctor switched me to the Vivelle Dot because it sticks better. I haven't had any trouble keeping it on.

Susy
Unread 02-01-2005, 06:34 PM

Hi, I'm new to this sight. I had an abdominal hystorectomy but kept my ovaries. I'm doing o.k except I still have some ooze coming out of my incision. My doctor said it did not close quite right and it will take about 1 month to heal. It seems to be taking an eternity. I had my hysterectomy on Jan 13, so it's been 2 1/2 weeks. Other than that, it really doesn't hurt that bad anymore. It hurts a little more in evening. Probably cause of all housework done during the day. It seems to be controlled well by extra strength tylenol or ibuprofen. Anyway I hope it's completely healed by Feb 21. That's when I have to go back to work, and I stand all day. Luckily, it's just a part time cashier job.

Good Luck to everyone.

ChrisTurn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 09:29 PM

Another two weeeker; TAH, kept 1 ovary. Feeling pretty good except for the night sweats and hot flashes. Guess my remaining ovary is still napping.

DR is slightly concerned about how my abdominal incision is healing. I have had 2 post-op visits already. Supposed to keep my eye on one section and contact the office if the redness persists. I had a couple of DR's associates do follow-up in and out of hospital. All have remarked about how large my uterus must have been given the size of my vertical incision. I can't wait to review the pathology report.

I started telecommuting to work on part-time basis this week. Probably will not return to the office until early March. Doing light housework (follwoing guidelines in checkpoints). Thankfully my body lets me know when I am overdoing it.

Take care two weekers
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:18 PM
2 weeks post op too!

Hello ladies,
I am another 2 weeker and feeling great. I had my 2 week post-op visit with my Dr. yesterday. He gave me the go ahead for more walking - tredmill. I tried that today and got very tired! I too still enjoy my 3:00pm nap! I feel like a lazy bum some days, but am enjoying the pampering from my DH and DS. I just need to learn to bite my tongue when it comes to the cleaning and laundry! DH does things a little differently than I do!
Someone else wrote that they didn't really feel like talking to friends etc.. I can relate. I have had more than a few co-workers call to check up and to chat, but I have told DH & DS to just take messages. I just don't feel like talking! God bless them, they are just trying to see how I'm doing and to wish me well, but I just am not in the mood.
I have only had one slight problem in recovery - the ovaries are asleep. I have suffered with night sweats, hot flashes and am constantly "weepy". Dr. started me on Climara patches, but haven't really noticed a difference yet. Hopefully soon??? The only other discomfort I'm having is a pulling sensation in my stomach. Anyone else with this feeling?
Thanks to everyone for the advise and support.
Speedy and Blessed recovery for all.
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Another one to add to the rolls

My surgery was January 18th. Total Abdominal Hysterectomy. I'm doing great, everything seems to be doing okay. This site has helped realize that what I am feeling is normal so that is good news.

My doctor will not even consider releasing me to go back to work until my appointment with her on Feb 24th. Why are some of you returning to work so soon? I feel lucky to be released before the 6 week mark but when I am released on the 24th it will be only for 1/2 days for the first week and then full time after that. I can't imagine trying to return to work next week. Take it easy if you can. Stay at home if you can.

Take care
Unread 02-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Two Weeks Tomorrow

Hi twoweekers,

Im doing pretty well, incision looks completely healed on outside anyway. Feeling ok except for soreness and swelly belly, I get tired when I walk very much and feel the belly alot more if I do.

Have been on small dose of estrogen once a day and that seems to have stopped the night sweats and hot flashes. Still having trouble with sleeping patterns insomnia.

The only complaint/questions I have is Im still having trouble at the end of emptying my bladder peeing I am having pain and cramping doubles me over when Im emptying and a minute or two after. It does seem to be getting better than I experienced at the castle when I couldnt pee and went through a dose of peridium and 7 days of Bactrim and had to Cath for the first 5 days at home and during stay at the castle. Is the continue bladder pain par for the course and will continue to lessen? First post op doctor visit on 2/17/05

Also I have a small (flab) shelf, over incision area, which I did not have before, how much of this is swelling and will go down and how much will be with me now? I have lost around 5 or 6 pounds so I wouldnt think it was weight gain?? Yuck!!

Thank you to this site and to all the support and sisters. If I can help anyone with what Ive learned feel free to contact me. Any help to my questions appreciated.

TAH lost both ovaries and all else 1/21/05. Grapefruit size painful complex cyst left ovary, cervix laying on side, endometriosis encompassing bladder, bowel and right ovary. Painful Periods, No Pregnancy's
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:27 AM

Hey Two Weekers!

My TAH/BSO was on 1/20. I am feeling pretty good, just sore around the incision site if I walk too much. Since I had severe endo, no hrt for me for at least 3-6 months. The night before last I couldn't sleep and was thinking that my Dr. must have forgotten to take out my ovaries because I wasn't having any hormonal side effects. Well, that must have been my brain playing tricks on me, because the following morning I woke up drenched with that baking feeling I had when I took the lovely Lupron! Good luck to all my fellow sisters! This web site and you all are awesome!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register