How are you: 3 wks post TAH? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are you: 3 wks post TAH? How are you: 3 wks post TAH?

Unread 02-06-2005, 12:24 PM
How are you: 3 wks post TAH?

Hello Ladies!

At a little over 3 weeks I definitely feel better now! I am walking about 2 - 3 miles per day and doing light house work. Energy level is great!

Still have trouble sleeping on my side (especially the left) where I noticed swelling on both sides of my horizontal incision, maybe that's the reason it feels uncomfortable? My first followup appt is tomorrow and I have lots of questions for the doc!

Still have a little pinching and pulling but no real pain to speak of. Still taking Motrin twice a day mostly for swelling but no other pain meds for almost 2 weeks.

The most noticible benefit so far is I've lost the 10 lbs I had gained in the previous couple of years due to having the huge fibroid, so even with the swelly belly my stomach is much flatter now!

AND as a bonus I only feel like eating heathly foods! This is wonderful because I have very high cholesterol and hopefully I'll be able to bring it down a bit. My portions are smaller too because when I eat too much at one time it feels very uncomfortable. Woooohooo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2005, 01:05 PM
HI i,m back on line,just over 2 weeks!

TaH on21/01/05

HI, I'M BACK. IT'S JUST OVER 2 WEEKS SINCE MY OP. EVERYTHING WENT TO PLAN;OVARIES LEFT IN.
ONLY DOWN THING WAS THE WARD WAS SHORT OF BEDS SO BEING AS I WAS DOING SO WELL THEY DISCHARGED ME ON THE MORNING OF MY THIRD DAY! I CAN TELL YOU I CERTAINLY PANICKED WHEN I FIRST GOT HOME WHAT IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG. THANKFULLY NOTHING DID.
I AM SO GLAD THAT I FOUND YOU BEFORE MY OP. AS NOW THAT I NEED REASURING ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS I HAVE I CAN COME ON HERE AND SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THE SAME.
LIKE SOME OF YOU I GET PAIN ON FIRST GOING TO THE LOO TO EMPTY MY BLADDER
MY BELLY SWELLS AT THE END OF THE DAY
AND YES WHAT IS THAT SMELL?
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE GET BETTER EMAIL XXXXXXXXX
riedenise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register