Ct shows nothing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ct shows nothing Ct shows nothing

Unread 02-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Ct shows nothing

Well I am just getting more and more frustrated. I had a ct friday of my abdomen and pelvis, and found out today that it came back normal. I was almost hoping for something, because that would at least give me an explaination and a justification for the pain. Now I am back to square one with nothing to go on except the could be's. Maybe it is adhesions again, but I am getting pain up so high that I really don't think so. We were thinking it was my gallbladder but it shows normal. Has anyone ever had adhesions that high up? When he went in for my last lap when we took out my left ovary he looked at everything I have the pictures where he looked at my liver. Everything looked normal then. I am going back in on Thursday morning to my GP to talk to her and think about what we need to do and I'll find out exactly what the CT report said.

Thanks for letting me vent, just needed to get it out.
Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Ct shows nothing

(((Heather)))
I do know how frustrating it is to be in alot of pain and all the tests show normal. I can relate to hoping that these tests will show something...anything! Anything to explain why you are in such pain. I've had CT Scans, MRI's, colonscopies, endoscopies, small bowel series, numerous xrays and even had an exploratory lap in 2002 and here I still am.

I haven't given up hope though. I just know there is an answer out there. Keep trying, talk with your doctor and see what your next step is.

Unread 02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Ct shows nothing

Heather
Don't give up. Cat scans don't show everything. It didn't show adhesions on my GB. I had a cat scan done in June and Sept. and it only showed pelvic fluid from a cyst popping on the later one.
I had abdominal pain going on every since my hyst in May. After the colonoscopy, laproscopic surgery, KUB x rays,2 cat scans, etc. a enterocele finally showed up on a defecogram. I got it fixed last week. I am hoping this is what has caused me all of this pain. Only time will tell. I am still thumping however, which I thought was coming from the enterocele.
Hang in there and know your pain is real and there has to be a reason for it.
I wish you luck in finding it.

Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Ct shows nothing

I'm sorry you are hurting so bad. I wish there was something that I could do to help.
Sometimes even though the CT shows the GB as normal there can be sludge in it that the CT doesn't show. The bile can turn into a thick sludge that they can't see until they get in there to it. This stuff can cause the GB to act up and not function properly so it hurts.
Adhesions can be anywhere, the intestines, the GB, the pelvis. Just because the CT didn't show it doesn't mean it's not there. Talk with your dr and see what your options are.
I understand just wanting them to find something anything to explain why you feel the way you do. Hope that they figure something out soon.
Tammy
Unread 02-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Ct shows nothing

I forgot to mention, my Gb had alot of sludge in it and only one stone, but I was extremely sick for many months. The cat scan didn't pick this up.

Peggy
Unread 02-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Ct shows nothing

Thank you all for replying, I know my pain is real, there has always been a reason. It is just frustrating. I had heard about someone else not having stones and having the sludge, I will ask about that tomorrow when I go in. Also a ?, sorry so graphic but I don't know how else to say it . I have become extremely constipated since I drank that barium on friday. I can feel it, I know I need to go, it is right there, I push and push and nothing. I am starting to really hurt :cry:, and even feel nausous, I have taken a whole bunch of fiber and stool softeners, and nothing is seeming to help, anyone have any ideas? I am getting desperate .
Unread 02-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Ct shows nothing

Heather...
I think it just takes some time for the softeners to work - then watch out below! I'm really sorry that you are in so much pain!!! I had my gall bladder removed in January 2000 - it was actually my very first surgery - who would have thought I'd be sitting here 6 surgeries later!!! When you see your doctor tomorrow - just remember you are your best advocate. You know how you are feeling! Don't let them talk you out of it. I had been to the ER and they did an US and told me that my gallbladder was in bad shape and that I was going to need surgery. They then sent me to see a doctor. After he left me in his exam room for 40 minutes he came in and asked me to explain to him what problems I was having. When I told him, he said that it sounded like heartburn and that it wasn't GB related at all. When I told him that I already knew the results of the US he said "OH, well, let me go take a look at the films". He hadn't even looked at the ER notes. He comes back into the exam room 30 minutes LATER and tells me that he's setting me up for surgery 2 days later. Needless to say - I never went back to see him. But let it be a warning to others........I work in a hospital and deal with doctors daily! They THINK they know all. THEY DON'T!!! We have to remind them of that every once in a while! And as technologically advanced as most tests (US, CT, MRI's) are - they are only as good as the person taking the pictures and interpreting them!

GOOD LUCK!!!! I SURE HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SOON!!!!

Cortney
Unread 02-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Ct shows nothing

Heather,

You have received a lot of good information. I just want to ask if they have checked your pancreas? Around 10 years ago I was having lots of pain in the area of the gallbladder and had several US's. They kept showing that the gallbladder was ok. Several doctor's later (was being referred for further evaluation), it was discovered I had a problem with my pancreas. Don't give up, keep on looking and maybe even seek other doctors.

Good Luck
s

Jane B
Unread 02-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Ct shows nothing

They did the ct of my entire abdomen and pelvis, so I am assuming that included the pancreas. I'm not giving up and I don't think this dr will either, I really like her, she is determined to figure it out.
Unread 02-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Ct shows nothing

I hope you find the answers soon. Don't let anyone tell you that your pain is not real. You have to keep pushing and pushing and pushing. While it could be your gallbladder(I didn't have stones and my tests came back neg too, but I had chronic and acute infection/inflammation when they finally removed it--pain was gone)..I have heard of adhesions being high enough to attach to the diaphram. Do you have pain anywhere else besides that right side up high?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register