2 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post op 2 weeks post op

Unread 02-02-2005, 08:20 PM
2 weeks post op

Hi Ya'll
Well I am post op 2 wks tomorrow. Had LAVH, both ovaries and bladder suspension. I've been reading thru the other recent posts here. I tell ya, my surgery was scheduled and my doc wouldn't give me anything more than Ibuprofen then, and my first thought was, what is she gonna do after surgery, send me home with the same thing? I went to a new doc. After examining me, relief from the misery of the pain I was in was his first move. Then he went on to explain that I needed tests that the other doc never did. Thank goodness I followed my instincts. I think I would've been in big trouble in surgery had I not.
My doc was ready to release me real quick too. Less than 24 hrs after the surgery started because I was doing so well. But he didn't leave me out to hang. I have found out I can call and get answers and/or help or an immediate appt anytime. And a big surprise to me, his 2 main nurses call me every few days just to check on me.
I am still sore but I am getting along pretty well. A little better every day. If I had a job outside of the home, I sure wouldnt' be rushing back to it. I decided before the surgery that I was going to do this right. I'm sitting back and letting my family take care of me. I'll be back to being the main artery of the family soon enough, but until then, I'm going to rest and get better.
It sure is amazing how much smoother this surgery is now than it was a few years ago, but it IS still major surgery. I felt pretty rough for the first few days and even got a bad cold in my chest. I get on here every day and read the posts but just haven't felt up to writing. I'm just starting to get where I can sleep on my side for a little while. That's a relief; fatigue is a biggy right now for me. I had hot flashes, mood swings, drying skin, fatigue, all of it = before the surgery. I got a hormone shot a few hrs after surgery. Right now I have a little of the mood swings but it is less than before. I will definitely have to take hormones; just haven't decided what form yet. Even tho I didn't feel up to posting sooner than this, just coming here and reading from others helped a lot !Plus emailing with LovMyLlama those first few days. This is a great community to belong to. Hope I can give some support too !
Teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2005, 10:55 PM
2 weeks post op

Hi Teresa,
Glad to hear you are doing well. It's nice to know the nurses have called you. I really liked that when mine called me too.

I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly.
s,
Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register