8 days since surgery - how much is too much? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days since surgery - how much is too much? 8 days since surgery - how much is too much?

Unread 02-04-2005, 09:09 AM
8 days since surgery - how much is too much?

I'm really glad to hear from you walkers! I too was concerned when I read about people staying in bed for weeks. Even though I have quite a bit of pain, I am able to walk and I feel better for walking. And I will follow your good advice to listen to my body. Hey, body! How about a walk?

What is Reiki? Kaiser Hospitals put together a wonderful visualization CD to use before, during and after surgery. I was impressed with their forward thinking. I used and continue to use the CD. The surgery crew even had the CD player running during my surgery. Anything to help my recovery!

Happy healing, Hyster Sisters. Jeanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 03:34 PM

What is Reiki? Reiki means Universal Life(Rei) Energy(Ki)
Modern Reiki originated in Japan. This system of laying on of hands was designed to improve the patients flow of energy. Reiki renews physical and spiritual well-being. Reiki supplements the body's natural healing process. Most Reiki sessions are about an hour long. Reiki can be done in person or long distance.

Further information, you might want to look up The Reiki Alliance,
The Center for Reiki Training (located in MI), and The Reiki Healing Institute (located in CA). There is also a Reiki magazine.

I have been a practitioner of Reiki for several years. Since I have experienced surgery before, I know how difficult the recovery period can be even for minor surgery. A hysterectomy is considered major surgery. I have the blessing of a friend doing Reiki and energetic healing on me and I am amazed at the speed of my recovery.

I am delighted to have the opportunity to give back to others. If I can make your recovery a bit more comfortable, it is my pleasure to do so. Thanks! elisa
Unread 02-04-2005, 04:07 PM
sameday surgery Sisters

Hi Jeanne,
My sugery was on the sameday! I am not sure what is to much! I am up all day and sleeping good all night! I have a lot of belly pain. Not cramp like but pain! today my DH took me out for lunch, I am now ready to take a nap! First time since the surgery. So I can not even imagine going for a long walk. I think 10 minutes would be enough. then build. Love to hear about your surgery experience. Please email me!! How long in the hospital? I had a LAVH, Uterus much lorger than expected!
Good luck with your decision, let your body tell you how much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 04:47 PM

Hi, I was two nights in the hospital. I couldn't wait to get out of there as I couldn't sleep. As Dorothy would say, there's no place like home!

The info on Reiki healings was interesting. I'm glad it is helping with your recovery. Can you send one our way?

I felt better about walking today. I was beginning to wonder if I was hurting myself or delaying the healing. I truly believe it is beneficial for the whole body.
Take care, Jeanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register