Ovaries gone - Endo Back??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovaries gone - Endo Back??? Ovaries gone - Endo Back???

Unread 02-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Ovaries gone - Endo Back???

Hi, I'd really like to hear from ladies who've had a hysterectomy, with both ovaries removed, and have since had a reccurence of endo. How are you handling that now and what has your doctor recommended for the next course of action. I haven't heard from anyone yet that had a hysterecomy because of endo who hasn't had a recurrence. There must be some "happy ending's" out there....I sure hope there is :-) Please share with us.

All the best health to everyone!
Trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 01:07 PM

Hi Trish

I had my TAH RSO due to endo and have been told no hrt because it feeds the endo.

Where has your endo returned to

I had old deposits left on the tubes from my kidneys to my bladder. I have not seen my GYN yet 24th feb. So I have many un answered questions

Do you take hrt?

Thanks Tricia x x x YES im Tricia TOOOOOOO!
Unread 02-04-2005, 01:31 PM

how do they find out if its returned?a laparoscopy?cos i dont fancy being cut again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 02:33 PM

Oh you'll know when it's back unfortunately. It'll start as mild pain and then work it's way back up to full-blown pain - probably like it was pre-surgery. The way the doctor will know is by another internal examination, or a lap, or just by what you tell him of your symptoms.
Tricia - I'm not on HRT - I still have my right ovary but my doctor told me last summer that I'm in full-blown menopause. I will not take HRT unless it is absolutely my last resort. I get the occasional warm flush, not a hot flash - but other than the pain from the endo - I'm feeling quite good. However living in constant pain is not my idea of enjoying life or how I plan to live my life. Tricia - you just recently had your surgery - are you have complications already?? Do you feel the endo is still a problem for you? I was fortunate - I had six months NO pain at all - then for the next year it was intermittent but when it hit me it wasn’t nice. I find it gets worse if I've just gone through a stressful period in my life. The last few months it's been quite persistent and this last episode is just like before I had my TAH/LSO. Is I think I’ve come full circle.
This is so terribly frustrating and disruptive to our lives.
Trish
Unread 02-04-2005, 03:18 PM

I had a TAH/RSO for severe endo and then 3 weeks later LSO due to adhesions. I thought this past summer when my pain started again, that maybe it was endo returning and I stopped using my estrogen patch for over 2 months and the pain never changed. I had another surgery and I was loaded up with adhesions again (no endo found) and then 4 weeks after this surgery, the pain is back again--adhesions. Weird thing is ---adhesion pain and my endo pain felt very similar, so maybe it is not endo, but adhesions causing you the pain...only way to diagnose both is by a lap though, no xrays will show these. I hope you find out what is causing you pain and you are able to fix it or control it.
Please keep us updated.
Unread 02-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Ovaries gone - endo back??/

Hi Marion, Would the adhesions be from the surgery? What is the difference from adhesions and endo? I had endo removed from my bowel, ureters, bladder when I had the TAH/LS0 in Mar2003. Last ultrasound I had they said they couldn't even find my right ovary - the technician said it was either so small or behind the bowel. Was that supposed to make me feel better or what lol :-) :-(
I must pee at least 100 times a day when I have this pain - doesn't matter how much I drink, I'm constantly peeing. I have an appointment with my gyn next Friday (he did my surgery). I guess we'll see what's up then.
Thanks and take care.
Trish
Unread 02-04-2005, 03:47 PM

Mine is back and you are right in saying you will know. I have raging cramps right now!! I am spotting and had a SAH/BSO.
I Knew it was back in September. I am having surgery a laporotomy vertical on Monday yea me :burning:
I am so sick of this but I knew going in a hyst/bso was a treatment and nothing more. It is just maddening though.
I am sorry and can relate.

Carrie
Unread 02-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Trish,

I am finding alot of things very stressfull at the moment as Im at the end of a difficult divorce. So stress is the main factor in my life.

Pain well I have really painfull times but I don't know what causes it, its too early to say. I cant wait to speak to the GYN and ask lots of questions. The Dr I saw at the hospital said that the endo left was to differcult to remove and if she tried I would have had long term damage!

Where does it grow when it returns?
Trish where is yours now?

I will try not to go on hrt but im suffering many many menapause signs. Some days I could do someone some real damage. Also I have found myself shouting at my children which I never found I needed to do. I have 2 boys 17,9. I love them both dearly, they keep me going on those dark nights.

Tricia
x x x
Unread 02-04-2005, 03:57 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get EVERYONE who has/had endo to just donate one dollar....$1.00 to a fund and then find some whiz-bang scientist to come up with a cure???

I'd be happy and pay good money for just a test to show the stuff first off!
Unread 02-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Donations!

I love the dollar idea!!! I've always said that if a man suffered from painful intercourse they would have found a cure by now!!!

I am so sorry you ladies are suffering from this miserable disease!! I have had no return of pain and my doc slapped a hormone patch on me right after surgery. I am using BCP for the progestin effect and am feeling fantastic!! But my endo was a stage II and maybe that has something to do with it. I had suffered for almost 20 years of constant pain and feel free but know that someday that monster might return.

I know its hard to stay stress-free, but with this disease you need to surround yourself with positive energy and peaceful moments. I hope things will improve and you all have painfree days!!

Peace, Cheryl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register