Well - It's official I'm pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well - It's official I'm pre-op Well - It's official I'm pre-op

Unread 02-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Well - It's official I'm pre-op

Hello to all and thank you for such a wonderful board.
I went to see a new GYN today at the recommendation of a friend - she was right - He's wonderful - he's got a great attitude and he's very gentle and he's just awesome.
He checked through my paperwork and asked me why it took so long for them to send me to a GYN surgeon (this started Dec 4th) with my history of endo and cysts a new onset of pelvic pain was a no brainer.
He did a pelvic and told me that my uterus and ovaries felt like they were set in concrete and either adhesions or endo or both had everything tied up in knots and they needed to come out and soon. He also said that I needed to stay down as much as possible, not bed rest but not to do much. The more I move around the more the adhesions gets inflamed and angry and they start pulling my insides every which way.
He said that we would go ahead and schedule the surgery and his staff would work with <oops> as much as they could to get me approved and the surgery precertified.
At least now I know what's coming and what needs to be done for sure and so I can put my mind at ease about all the worries. That's a releif! They said that it may take 4 - 6 weeks yet but at least I know the direction that it's headed!
If I had a way to get a loan for the money to have the surgery done I'd go borrow it tomorrow; unfortunately I can't do that so I'm stuck right now waiting for <oops>.
He said we would talk in more detail about the surgery later. He said I wasn't a good candidate for a Vag Hyst because of the endo - he's going to have a lot of clean up to do, but as soon as I find out what type of incision he is doing I'm going to order the belly band - I think that will help tremendously.
Anywho, thanks for listening. I appreciate all the input.
Any advise for me while waiting? Anything I can do to make it easier on me later?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 03:02 PM

the waiting really is the hardest part. I know you'll be stressed out about the surgery and the money. my only suggestion would be to think positive! things will all work out. do not dwell on any negitive thoughts. i know it is easier said than done. keep calm, keep cool. hey, you found hystersisters, youve found your new dr. everything else will fall into place.

best wishes

jane321
Unread 02-04-2005, 06:59 PM

Hi!

I'm sorry you are having problems and facing surgery. I hope everything works out well for you! I know it is hard not to worry but try to relax and take care of yourself and do as your doctor ordered.

I wish you the best with your surgery. Keep us posted!

s

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Best to you

Hi-I'm wishing you the best with this. I could have written this post. I hope everything turns out in your favor very, very soon! My pain had been a no brainer for years, until it started getting so bad last year, and finally the second opinion paid off. I am so concerned what they're going to find in my abdomen, I just want it all taken out really.
My obgyn says very similar to what you posted, adhesions, endo, as well as scar tissue are really messing things up. Ouch it hurts, no whining--just want to get it done-I told the office today, I wish I could have it sooner, and they told me if the pain continues throughout the weekend, to call on Monday. It was so bad today-just took the Vicodin, a hot shower, and rubbed the Sombra (natural ben-Gay), on my back and abdomen.

Loads of luck, and I'm right there with you, breathe, meditate, think happy thoughts

Take care, and when you can, yes, keep us posted.
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:58 PM

Sorry about the oops in mentioning my insurance - I didn't know that was a no-no.
Just wanted to say thanks for the words of encouragement.
You all are right - everything will fall into place. This new Dr was a God Send, and he is going to work with me and my insurance to get the surgery done.
That's all that matters is getting my life back. I'm going stir crazy stuck in the house on the couch!!! There are only so many channels on TV and only so many throws you can crochet before it really starts to make you crazy. Now he's limited my activity even more - I'm going to be plum lazy before this is all over. I hope when it's all done I get some energy because for the last 9 months or so I have been so completely drained - tired all the time. Has anyone else had that? Did the surgery help?

And AngelsAnswer Best wishes on your upcoming surgery - try not to worry you are in good hands.

Thanks
Tammy
Unread 02-05-2005, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamandrews
Sorry about the oops in mentioning my insurance - I didn't know that was a no-no.
*worried* Could someone please tell me where the rules are here, I didn't know this either, so I need to follow them-I'm blonde, but smart , I'll noodle around to see if I can find them..

Anyway, I'm believing too that everything will fall into place for us all. These things are not fun, but I try to remember that there is a reason for everything! I ditto your comment about your new doctor. I wish I would have seen my new one last year, it most likely would have caused me many months of unnecessary pain. I so hear you, tv can only give us so much entertainment, and I need to get out in the sunshine sometimes. I keep staying in the Word, reading books, and listening to some wonderful Christian tapes, it helps keep the spirits up. Maybe you can read some magazines or listen to uplifting things/tapes. I can relate, yes, this all has drained the life as well as energy out of me-literally. But it will all work out, we just need to have patience, and if you pray---there is ALWAYS power in prayer I vowed, too, that after this surgery, I'm going to quit smoking, start exercising again, lose some weight, and really take my health seriously. I want to live to enjoy life!
Thanks so much, and I wish you nothing but the best with your surgery as well, we'll get through this together---all of us will. You will be in my prayers about your insurance, (just that it covers everything you need), and I promise that those are not empty words! I really know how you feel.
Take care.
((gentlehug))
Unread 02-05-2005, 11:57 AM

Hi!

Here's a link to the Guidelines of this website:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/vie...&pg=guidelines

Happy reading!

s
Unread 02-05-2005, 12:12 PM

Hey there! Thanks so much--happy reading is right.

I think I'll read before I post anything else

Wouldn't it have made more sense if I actually read that in its entirety before I started posting!

Thanks again
Unread 02-05-2005, 12:20 PM

Just wanted to say, please delete if not supposed to be here.

I am so grateful that your rules and privacy policy and everything listed in that link is so very professional. I have never been on a message board online that has such dignity, professionalism, and honesty, not to mention I feel safe here, only after even a few days.

Thank you so very much for providing this site, it is a God send and those who began it and moderate it are very much appreciated!

Just my thoughts...thank you so much!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register