sleeplessness - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sleeplessness sleeplessness

Unread 02-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Insomnia

Thanks for your posts. They made me feel like other people understand what I ma going through. I had my surgery on Nov. 11 and everything went well. I still have both of my ovaries, and my recovery was great. Then, at about the 2 month post op point, I began having horrible sleep problems and night sweats. My doctor prescribed Ambien and ran some blood tests, which I have yet to get back. The ambien is not working that great. I am with you in that I think it is anxiety that is causing all of this. I used to suffer with PMDD and have sleep problems and anxiety. After much convincing, my doctor finally talked me into taking an antidepressant. I was very hesitant to try this, but it worked magic on me and I slept great every night that I was on it. I am tempted to recommend this to my new doctor, as I feel that it would really help with the sleeplessness and anxiety. Anyway, I hope this gets better real soon for all of us!!!! Rakell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2005, 10:29 PM
sleeplessness

Wow! I am so happy to hear of your experience. I am happy for you that you are finally sleeping and your post made me smile. I am almost at 2 weeks and still having restless legs, but just to see the light at the end of the tunnel is inspiring. I know many people suffer for years with this issue, but I am a baby about getting my 8 hours.
Thank you for responding and acknowleging that our bodies are pretty amazing to adapt to surgery.
I feel more hopeful than I have since my surgery.
Thank you and best wishes for a good night's sleep.
Love, Sara
Unread 02-09-2005, 08:50 PM
sleeplessness

Hi!
Well I guess I am glad I am not the only one not sleeping! I have made alot of progress on computer games since my surgery 4 weeks ago! I have not had the other symptoms because I am on HRT. I am glad I found your posting because I am calling tomorrow to check on a script for Ambien. Thanks for sharing your info and good luck to you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2005, 12:35 AM
sleeplessness

Hi Everyone!

I hope all is going better in the sleep department.

I had my 2 1/2 week check on Wednesday where I mentioned lack of sleep along with a few other concerns. Previously, I had been taking klonopin for anxiety related issues. My Dr offered both Ambien and klonopin. Since I knew the konopin worked in the past, I chose that option. If it doesn't work, he said I could just call him and he would call in a prescription for Ambien.

He too, thinks the lack of sleep is due to anxiety and shared with me that it happens more often than not.

He also placed me on HRT thinking that may also help.

Here's to looking forward to a good night's sleep!

KayAnn
Unread 02-11-2005, 01:46 AM
I also needed advice on this...

I am 27 years old and had a LAVH. I had everything removed. I had surgery on Thursday, Feb. 3, 2005. I am on HRT. I cannot sleep. I will now ask my doctor about ambien. Thanks for all your help!
Unread 02-11-2005, 06:16 AM
sleep

Hi All,

I'm 4 weeks post-op today and have been, like you all, really suffering with this lack of sleep. I have been taking Ambien, and even that has not worked well - due to Anxiety, I'm sure. But last night I was able to get 8 hours of sleep and I feel great!!! I've really been trying to work through the anxiety - get plenty of exercise during the day (even if it's just a walk and stay busy doing the laundry, making dinner, etc), read, focus on something other than the fact that I'm a nervous wreck, etc. I think it's finally starting to come together! Good luck to all of you - I'm here to tell you that at 4 weeks, things start to turn a corner!

Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register