When will this fatigue go away??? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When will this fatigue go away??? When will this fatigue go away???

Unread 02-11-2005, 10:46 AM
When will this fatigue go away???

I went to the grocery store and did the grocery shopping for the first time yesterday....BIG MISTAKE

OMIGOSH I have never in my life felt like I did when I got to the checkout!! I was having to hold on to the counter and was so out of breath! My whole body was absolutely exhausted!! I was very active before the surgery, and am fine when I am walking around the house or the block, but that was a VERY big shock that I would feel that way after JUST SHOPPING???????

Good luck to you,

--QB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2005, 11:11 AM

I am almost 9 weeks since operation, and returned part time last week. I had times of exhaustion as well as times of energy. At work see if lifting heavy things and opening heavy doors can be done by co-workers-mine have been terrific.When you come home try to put feet up, read a magazine and forget housework, cooking, etc. if you don't have little ones to care for. The days you don't work enjoy energy, don't overdue and take naps. One friend said to take naps when possible for up to one year and not feel you have to have energy all the time. I tend to be hyper,so She told me that I have to have one year mindset- that made it easier for me being 52.-mine gets better every day and my mood lightens week by week after surgery. Be good to yourself, rest , eat well, and laugh.

It will get better !

Kozo-Total hyst., overies removed and rectocele-52 years
Unread 02-11-2005, 12:02 PM

Danaka, I can relate. The week I was released to work part-time, I was lucky to be able to stay up until 2pm. I would find myself "taking a nap" for 12 hours. Each week thereafter, I forced myself to stay up just an hour longer.

I am back to one of my jobs full time (I work two jobs). I am 8-weeks post-op today. Sometimes I can stay awake until 8pm. Sometimes I am so tired, I am fast asleep by 4pm. All I can say is I attribute this fatigue to my body healing.

Because I know that (right now) I have "wierd" sleep habits, I am trying to eat my big meal between 11 and 11:30am. I then eat a light vegetarian style meal when I get home from work. The last thing I want to do is fall asleep immediately after eating "heavy". I drink lots and lots of water and am learning to listen to my body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2005, 12:39 PM

I haven't been here in ages but came to post on this very topic. I will be two years post op in May. I am STILL ready to drop by 2PM. I find myself falling asleep at my desk at work. Sometimes I have to fight closing my eyes at the stoplights on my way home. I don't take anything at all but I'm wondering if some sort of HRT might help this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register