weakened immune system | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weakened immune system weakened immune system

Unread 02-04-2005, 08:13 PM
weakened immune system

has anybody experienced more illness since surgery? I am at 7 1/2 and have had two colds since my surgery. I never get head colds, but it seemed to start with me, went to DH and DS and now back to me. Is the body not able to keep up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 09:25 PM
weakened immune system

I'm sitting here sneezing right now! I think anytime your body undergoes a big stress like this, it diverts healing powers. I am trying to get enough sleep, eat well, and keep away from germy people LOL!
Unread 02-04-2005, 10:16 PM
weakened immune system

yes, i got an upper respiratory infection 3 wks post op, got over that in a week, then got a cold 4 wks post op, went back to work 6 wk post op on a monday, but by thurs out of wrk again due to a sinus infection. so yes as bgjane said, your threshhold is weaken after surgery due to your body diverting most of it's energy to healing from your surgery area. hang in there. it will get better. i'm 12 wks post op and just starting to feel like the old me. a great multi vitamin helps also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2005, 08:43 AM
weakened immune system

I am at 8 1/2 weeks and went back to work on Monday. Met with a co-worker in the morning for a work update. She felt like she was coming down with something. It never crossed my mind to start loading up on additional vitamins before returning. Stuff goes round and round that office all the time. We both got sick.

So now I have a cold and hopefully, that's it. Ugh...forgot about that aspect of being back in the real world. I do think our systems are especially weak after all we have been through. I missed half of my first week back...didn't want to spread the germs any further.

Take care and feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register