joy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-06-2005, 09:42 PM
joy

Thank you all for this website. I didn't know about it until a couple days after I returned home.

i sure wish I had found HysterSisters prior to my surgery, as I'm the kind of person that likes to hear about similar experiences prior to doing something big like a TAH. Sure, I talked with a couple girlfriends who had this surgery and I thank one in particular who had exactly my situation AND I found out she and I had the same GYN Doc. That made my decision final. (I had one friend who just had to share all the horror stories on a really bad C-section experience and of course, she figured that all this would happen to me, too. I knew in my heart that she was still grieving the experience from 19 years ago and had not had a chance to let it go, maybe if she had this kind of website to turn to back then, she would have offered a more positive word for me. Unlike the website, I had to listen to the whole story, but with the website, I can choose to not read certain posts.)

Had I also found this website prior to surgery, I'm sure that the postings on post-op would have convinced me to go forward since many of the posters continue to reinforce that each day, post surgery, gets better provided that the surgery was successful and the doctor didn't mess up. I can only guess that the bad experiences happen to a small percentage of posters, and they so need our support since there are so few people who really understand it.

Anyhow, I've had a very positive experience sharing with all you wonderful women and I also thank goodness for each day that I can look forward to free of the problems from life before the TAH.

Thank you for the great views, support, and displays of gratitude, you give me a new thought. I think I will go hug my dh, he probably thinks I don't notice ALL the things he's done on my behalf.

Need all of you!
Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2005, 10:15 PM
joy

As a pre-op sister, I'd like to say that I love this site... both the good and the bad!!! I know the difference between what WILL happen and what MAY happen... I'm one of those people who likes to have all of the info up front. While it may be an idea to split up the "I feel great posts" from the "I've got complications" posts, I'd like to think that we're all worldly enough to know that the people who need the most support (thus make the most posts) are those of us who have had and continue to have complications... The sisters are right, the ones who have few to no complications tend to go on with thier lives.

As for the comparing our ailments... We're human! It's good to know that our pain is justified and it's also good to know that we have similarities AND differences in the level of pain/discomfort we're experiencing. To be honest... it's nice to know that there are others out there who have much less pain than we do! It makes us realize that we really AREN'T whiners. It's also helpful to meet others who are in much more pain than we are... it put our pain in perspective for us!

I really don't mean this to be offensive to anyone and if it comes off that way, I apologize. I just don't see enough posts from those that are doing well to warrent starting a new forum...

I'm glad for all those Sisters who've had a positive experience with little or no complications. For those Sisters who have complications, my thoughts are with you and I hope that you find health and peace soon.
Unread 02-06-2005, 10:36 PM
joy

I don't think people here "bragg" about #'s of fibroids, or size of neoplasms. In fact, until I read those types of situations, I had no idea they existed. Then, when I got my path report back, it was very interesting to see the gross pathological findings, such as size. It is also amazing that a huge sized neoplasm can be benign, while a much smaller one can be malignant. Bigger is not the worst, in the malignancy department, but size and number of even benign growths can really mess up a person's life and health. I find it very interesting that a human body can produce some of the strange growths at all and we can live to tell about it.

I learn and love the social aspect of knowing what other people have been through. It puts my own trials into perspective and broadens my understanding of others experiences.

I never try to be judgmental and self-righteous when it comes to a board like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Re: joy

Quote:
Originally posted by bangotti40
I would love to have a post op praise board started for women who can encourage the pre-op people.

I think the pre-op women should be encouraged by what they read. Maybe there should be a "I'm feeling fine or wonderful" post op forum or a "new symptom" post op forum so we can read what helps us.
There is a place like that - it's the forum called "Beyond the Land of Hyster". It's where longer time post ops come back and update everyone else on how they're doing months or years post op. Here is the link: Beyond the Land of Hyster

Castle Stories is also a good place to read to see how others have experienced their surgeries and recoveries. Here is the link to Castle Stories: Princesses Tell Hyst Stories

There are frequent threads on PostOp with titles like "One Week Post Op" "Two Weeks . . . ", "Three Weeks . . . ", etc., where the poster is letting others know how they're doing, either good or bad.

We also encourage all post op members to regularly visit PreOp to reply to threads started by LIW's asking questions and looking for reassurance about their concerns. Not all LIW's venture beyond PreOp until after surgery.
Unread 02-07-2005, 12:39 PM
joy

Finding this website was the best thing that happened to me in my recovery. I have had no complications but I have learned much and received great support. I cannot thank you all enough. I would have loved to have found this group pre-op ... better late than never.
I want to say that this surgery has given me a real sense of empowerment ... I (and I alone) made the decision as to if, when and what my surgery would be. I listened to alot of advice, then I made my own decisions. I have no regrets about the surgery, have had a smooth, uneventful recovery and, at 5 weeks post-op, feel nearly normal.
We all are of different ages and levels of health ... of course we are going to recover differently. Our surgeries were all different, as were the drs who performed them. It is comforting, however, to simply talk to someone who's been through it and understands.
You are all wonderful sisters to have!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register