pelvic adhesions are back oh the pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pelvic adhesions are back oh the pain pelvic adhesions are back oh the pain

Unread 02-05-2005, 10:46 PM
pelvic adhesions are back oh the pain

last year had a full hysterectomy due to adhesions, a year later feb 5 2004 - feb 5 2005 the adhesions are bad in the bowel and pelvic. after the hyster i had alot of back pain the dr told me it was normal well it never went a way and to make a bowel movement its painful. My name is Tammy.

I was diagnosed with Hirschsprung disease when I was born in 1977 and under went bowel surgery. In 1988 I was diagnosed with TB and treated for two years at Metro Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. I had a c-section with the birth of my daughter in 2000 and was hospitalized for severe Per-Eclampsia and disruption of cesarean wound at Tripler Army Medical Center. After having my daughter my monthly was not normal I wouldn’t get it for 3 months and then get it and not stop bleeding. And I would have abdominal pain and pelvic pain with a nauseaion. In 2004 I was had a laparosopy that found lysis of adhesions in the pelvic, pelvic peritoneal adhesions, female (postoperative) (postinfection), mucous polyp of cervix, cervicitis & endocervicitis, dyspareunia, scar condition and fibrosis of the skin. They removed both overies abd tubes at the same operative episode and lysis of adhesions of ovary and fallopian tube, local excision/destruction of lesion/tissue of skin and subcutaneous tissue that lead to my total abdominal hysterectomy on 2-5-2004 at Comanche County Memorial Hospital. I was readmitted to the hospital for digestive system complications, paralytic Ieus and bowel obstruction versus & acquired absence of genital organs. I have been have some lower back pain and hip pain, and stiffness after my hysterectomy so my doctor at Reynolds Army Hospital ordered a x-ray of my lumbar and that came back as slight narrowing of 15 SL disk space. Also had a EMG and it came back normal at Comanche County Memorial Hospital.

I feel I need to make sure everything is ok because there are some days I am unable to have a bowel movement and when I do have the bowel movement I have to make many trips to the bathroom just to get out a little bit. Then I walk around and have to go again this is botherusome. I tried a high protein and low Carb diet and I got the runs and some much gas pressure I was crying in bed and could get out of bed. I drank warm decaf tea to easy gas pressure. I get a rumble of gas pressure in my abdomen after eating dairy, stake or If I hold my gas in for a little while I start get the painfull pressures and next thing I know I’ve got the runs and all of gas pressure. My husband would like to know why does my gas smell so toxic and why does she have so much. Is this normal to have really bad gas? I always have gas no matter what I eat. I take one stool softer if am feeling blocked up. I drink a lot of water and carbs are vegtables are my diet. The other day I ate a handful of some rainse & dates and was in a lot of pain later that day, I felt nauseated and late that night I was throwing up with the runs. I took kaopectate to stop it and a hot shower to relax the pain. With the weather being cold out side it effects my day, I try to keep myself warm or my lower pelvic area starts to hurt and it feels like someone driving a knife in to my pelvic. I hope this is helpful information for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2005, 12:45 PM

Oh ((((Sweetie)))) I do not have any insight for you, but I did want to send tons of s your way. You sure have been through a lot and I do hope that things improve for you, sometime soon

Have you discussed the problems you're having with your doctor? If you haven't you really should: hopefully, there's something that can be some so you can function normally
Unread 02-06-2005, 10:00 PM
hi oh thanks

i am going to have a colona and stomach test onthe 24 of feb
i will find out whats going on but until then i am in the dark with a lot of questions. but thank you i really needed that, i am alone now because hubby in iraq an a little scared to have this doen on my own with out him. but thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2005, 10:43 PM

Tammy,

I can relate to what you are going thru sweetie. I had my LAVH 4/03 due to intense pelvic pain from endo. endo feeds off of estrogen and the dr that did my hyst did not cut out any of the endo, put me on 1.25 mg of premarin, and left a piece of ovary in me.

my endo spread to cover my entire peritoneum, bladder, bowel, and rectum. the dr. told me i needed to see a psychiatrist and come back in a month if i still had pain.

since my hyst i have to work at urinating and bowel movements have been painful before and after the surgery but, after the hyst i have a bulge between my vagina and rectum and i have to push on the bulge to get it out and they are small bowel movements. i feel like i don't get everything out and the pain is so bad i see stars and sometimes throw up in the bathroom garbage.

since the hyst i have had 5 laser laps to excise out the endo and 4 hypo gastric blocks for pain but, after i go to the bathroom the pain is back so those were worthless. i am on 20 mg of Methadone 3 times a day for pain and Baclofen a muscle relaxer but, it just takes the edge off...i still can't bend over, every step i take is painful like knives stabbing me, when i stand or sit it's like a knife going up me.

i have started Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy for the pain and the bathroom issues. i guess they have a great recovery for women who have this therapy. i get trigger point injections in my lower abdomen and in my vagina to allow me to get thru the pain of the therapy. the injections are painful but, if you can stand them they do numb you for about 4 hours. i just keep telling myself i have to go thru more intense pain to get to no pain.

i hope it helps somewhat knowing there are people who understand what you are going thru and it is very difficult and frustrating.

ask your doctor about the pelvic floor physical therapy and if he/she hasn't heard of it do some research and find a dr familiar with it...it's worth a shot.

God Bless,
Amy :-)
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:52 PM
pevil pain

i have adhesions back on my pavil floor and i have surgy coming just not ready and to day the doc bend me and i am in alot of pain and they don't know why. you can touch my presser points softy and ina lot of pain dr's a puzzled
i hope you get better , this was not in the plan you know, lots of prayers. i pray the doc's have the know how to help us. to stay well alots of prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register