Fallen ovary??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fallen ovary??? Fallen ovary???

Unread 02-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Fallen ovary???

I've been in a lot of pain for a week now. And I've had significant pain after sex for a couple of months. I went to my gyn, and he broke up some scar tissue and cauterized (sp?) it with silver nitrate. He also gave me BCP to take in case I had a cyst rupturing. He also said that I may have an ovary that's fallen out of place and the reason I'm having so much pain is because it's getting hit against my pelvic bone.

To be honest, I had planned on going in and asking him if it was possible that something was out of place, because things just don't feel right. I had a grapefruit sized hematoma after my LAVH, and at my follow-up CT in December, it was almost gone. But I wonder if the hematoma knocked the ovary out of place. My pain increases with my activity level, so it all kind of makes sense.

I guess I was wondering if anyone else had been through this complication and how they handled it and treated it. I'm really frustrated, because this surgery I didn't want in the first place was suppose to stop the pain, and I just keep having one complication after another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Fallen ovary???

Hi Karon, I developed ovarian cysts after my hysterectomy, but my doctor kept an eye on them through ultra sound. I would ask to have one, if you haven't, to make sure that is part of your pain. They can also locate the ovary this way. I have one that has moved and it takes some time to find it, but they do. I'm not sure I would want to take BCP if it's not necessary. I took Bextra, short term, for pelvic inflamation. I hope you get some answers soon. I know how uncomfortable you are

Unread 02-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Fallen ovary???

my left ovary has fallen and sits on top of where the uterus used to be, at the top of the vaginal cuff. Usually they just go off a bit to the side... mine flopped inward.

the dr said that in theory I could have another surgery to raise it (they lift ovaries up higher when women have to have radiation in order to try and protect the ovaries, so it would be similar to that idea)..... but I really don't want to have surgery again. The pain didn't start til I was about 7 months post op and some days it doesn't bother me, some days it aches for about a week at a time. I have found that doing some abdominal exercises to build up the strength of the muscles around it , so that it is held more firmly rather than "jiggline" has helped quite a bit. But I do have to be careful about how I move, what I lift and how much time I spend on bumpy roads on my bike.
I've also found that spending a few minutes a few times a week on an inversion table helps too.

It is really upsetting - even more if you think of the hassles of having another surgery -- in my mind that isn't a guarantee that everything will be fixed. I guess it all depends on what the dr thinks can be done in your case -- and how much pain you are in. For me, for the moment, the pain is not enough to convince me to have surgery, though it is tiring and wearing at times, I can deal with it.

Sorry to hear you are in a similar boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Fallen ovary???

Thank you for your encouragement. It's really comforting to know there are others out there going through the same things (although I hate it for you).

Part of me would like to go ahead and push for an ultrasound, but quite frankly, mine was only the first of 5 surgeries in as many months for my little family, and I really don't want to have to start new medical bills yet (especially since deductibles have started over).

I'll try the abdominal exercises to see if that helps. I've been reluctant to do them, because I thought it would make things worse. Don't worry, though, if it hurts, I'll stop.

Thanks again for the encouragement and input. It's great to have this site to ask questions and not feel alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register