15 months post op~ still having cysts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 months post op~ still having cysts 15 months post op~ still having cysts

Unread 02-07-2005, 07:32 AM
15 months post op~ still having cysts

Sigh< Ive not been around for a very long time.. frustration & depression pretty much won over me..
finally talked to doc, and she started me on Zoloft~ its helping so very much
I had a LAVH in November of 03. he left my left overy in, as to not throw me right into menopause.( wondering now which would be worse)
I had the hyster done, because of recurrent rupturing cysts on my overies, and an enlarged utuers.
sense the surgery Ive had cyst trouble just about every month, which I can deal with.. its when they dont resolve, and end up rupturing thats really starting to get to me.. Ive had 3 ruptures sense the surgery~
Has anyone else out there had this same trouble???
has anyone heard of anything I can do/take that may help stop all these cysts???
he says Birth control pills would control them.. But I cannot take them as a strong family history of strokes and BC pills.
he says he still doesnt want to just take it out, as being thrown into full blown menopause, he stillwould not be able to give me any HRT , because of the strokes...
any help would be sooo appreciated..
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2005, 11:36 AM

Hi. I'm 8 months post op with recurrent ovarian cysts also. I don't have an answer on what else controls them besides birth control. I'm on the bc patch to try and keep mine in check. I just wanted to let you know I feel your pain and I hope they find something besides removal to resolve this problem for you.
Unread 02-07-2005, 11:41 AM

Linda,
How awful for you to be in this situation. I have no answers but will bump this back up. Such a shame to go through the surgery and be left with ovary pain.

Best Wishes,
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 11:58 AM

I'm so sorry to read your ongoing experience with your ovary. I haven't logged on in such a while until now, I'm heading for surgery next week to remove my right ovary for the exact same reason.

I had my hyst. July 2003 and kept both ovaries. My right has given me problems for over 15 years and my doc decided to leave it in and my woes continue.

I found another doctor who said removal would be best. My gastroenterologist says that the fact that cysts form and rupture may cause more problems than we may think. The ruptured cysts allow blood and fluid to remain in the abdominal area and may cause scar tissue to form. This is not a good thing. For me, it has caused adhesions and I have intestinal problems left to deal with. I didn't know this until last month and now I'm anxious more than ever to remove my ovary before another cyst forms.

Your dilemma is more critical because you have only one ovary. I wish you the best in making your decision.

My first doctor who didn't remove the ovary wanted to (1) put me back on the pill (they didn't help in the past) or (2) give me Lupton injections which would put me into temp. menopause or (3) remove both ovaries and put me into immediate permanent menopause. These options weren't very good options so I'm opting for the one removal for now.

I can honestly sympathize!!! Take Care!!
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:26 PM

I'm probably showing my ignorance, but how do you know when the cysts rupture?
Unread 02-14-2005, 01:16 PM

In my experience, while the cyst is active and growing, I have a considerable amount of pain.

At the time of the rupture, it feels as though my intestines have come to a complete "halt" and the pain increases and lasts for a couple of hours. Feels paralyzing. Shortly thereafter, I don't feel the discomfort of the enlarged cysts.

Proof of this has been that I had a sonogram a few days after one ruptured and it showed the injured ovary. So it confirmed the previous episodes I experienced were the same.

Hope this helps!
Unread 02-14-2005, 03:01 PM

I unfortunately feel like I'm joining your crowd. I had a LSH (kept ovaries and cervix) 10 months ago and was pretty much pain free for almost 8 months. In mid-December, I began to have that oh so familiar one sided pain. I have had "large" cysts on both ovaries at the same time before during ultrasounds...those I didn't even have pain for, so it makes me wonder about how large they are getting when I am in pain.

In all likelihood, one of the most painful experience I ever had was an ovarian cyst rupturing. In this one particular case, it put me on the floor in a sweat for over an hour. I couldn't move. I literally sweated through my sweat outfit and left a puddle on the floor. Made the hysterectomy discomfort seem like a piece of cake compared to this and the other monthly pain I experienced between the cysts, endo, adenomyosis etc.

I'll keep watching and following your post. I don't want to go in for another surgery, but can sympathize all too well with the pain you are going through.
Unread 03-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Cyst Ruptures'

Well... here I am.. again....
with another rupture last night..
I felt the naggin feeling the last 3 days, that I can deal with...
its when it ruptures that I cannot deal with anymore...
'
the girl who explianed how it feels, like everything comes to a dead halt down there, and then unbeliveable paralyzing pain... that's dead on how it feels'
I thought I slid thru a month without any trouble... :0( nope...
Had a runpture Nov 29th, then again Jan 27th.... thought sense' i Skipped December, maybe just maybe I'd get thru Feb ok... well , I guess I did... but here it is only the 14th and Ive had another.
Im not even gonna call the doc.. as this is how it will all go if I do~

he'll have me come in~ send me for an ultra sound ( which, when You've had a rupture and they make you drink all that water... shooooot, makes everything hurt so much more havin a full bladder) then I'll drive back to the doc's~ and he'll tell me~ well yep... darn it.. you've had another rupture...
this is sooo uncommon, and so rare'! cant belive we have yet another one here... I really dont want to remove that overy Linda! You'll all hate me throwing you into surgical menopause'

here have some more percocets and take it easy for a few days.. no lifting.. give me a call if the pain increases any or if you get a fever, feel faint or just not right. and Call me Next time this happens.. Hopefully it wont !

LOL sad I have the whole routine down to a "T" and it wont cost 1000.00 for the OV & Ultra sound....

Sooooooooooooo here I sit... Knowing I need to go get a second opinion, if this is how it is gonna be all the time now... I know its bad to have recurrent ruptures, but how long before the overy cannot take the ruptures anymore, and the overy itself Busrts????
I worry about menopause' Im 36 years old.. can I get thru it without any HRT?? can My family get thru it???
Gosh I dont honestly know which would be worse... Living with the pain all the time or living with menopause'
some people say they breeze thru~ some people tell me of horror stories of losing thier minds, marriages, families, jobs..........
<sigh>
Im a mess... lol
((((((((((((( BIG HYSTERSISTER HUGSS 2 ALL ))))))))))))))))))))))
:confuse:
Unread 03-14-2005, 10:00 AM

I had a TAH in May for adenomyosis, fibroids, severe anemia. I kept both ovaries, although they had cysts on them. My gyn cut a 5cm cyst off of my right ovary. The left one had pretty much popped. He said my ovaries looked good and didn't want to throw me into instant menopause. That sounded good to me.He never mentioned anymore problems that I may have with cysts.
I had a cat scan in Aug. for abdominal pain. All it showed was some pelvic fluid from a ruptured cyst. He said it was nothing to worry about. I am 10 months post op now from the hyst and 7 weeks post op from posterior repairs. I have been having that familiar ovary pain alternating back in forth for the last three weeks. I just have to wonder too if we are more prone to ovary problems after having the hyst. I am 43 now and hope I don't encounter more ovary problems. I would sure hate to have to have them removed.
I hope you sisters can get relief from your pain. This is much more than any of us bargained for.
s
Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register