adhesion cure? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adhesion cure? adhesion cure?

Unread 02-10-2005, 02:12 PM
adhesion cure?

Well, true about the anaphylactic shock. Do you think they will find that other anti-inflammatory drugs might also be effective? And, do all anti-inflammatories have the properties of sulpha?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2005, 03:08 PM
adhesion cure?

No, not all NSAIDs have the Sulfa link, just Celebrex. I don't know if they will try any of the others since there has been so much about them being dangerous with long term use and some being pulled off the market.
I have stomach issues as well and can't take any NSAIDs at all. Sometimes I just know that taking some motrin will make me feel better, but if I take it, I will be in the ER ...LOL
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:11 PM
adhesion cure?

I think I can say this without directly quoting the article. The study was intended to determine if Celebrex would help the liver to regrow after surgical damage. The positive effect on adhesions was an unexpected outcome.

Celebrex, Vioxx, aspirin and a placebo were used in the study. After many tests the 25 day results for adhesions were:

1 - Celebrex
5 - Vioxx
8 - aspirin
11 - placebo

These numbers represent the number affected with adhesions out of groups of 11 mice.

I was excited about this because so many have suffered with adhesions. Please heed the warnings about allergic reactions. This is a case "do unto others what you would wish done to you". I know I'm not allergic to Celebrex and would have pushed to take it prior to my surgery, had I known about it. This is not intended to be medical advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2005, 07:34 PM
adhesion

Hello Everybody

I had a total hyst September 2001. I had adhesions removed in July 2002. The adhesions at that time had attached itself to all my other organs. I started having pelvic pain in Oct 2004. My gyn thought my bladder might be dropping and sent me to my urologist who decided it was not my bladder. The urologist thinks it is adhesions again. My symptoms is severe pelvic pain when I am standing or walking a long time with alot of pressure in the pelvic area. Is anybody else have these symptoms? My urologist want a laproscope with laser perform again. I am still waiting for my gyn to let me know what he thinks should be done.

tigercub
Unread 02-21-2005, 08:09 AM
adhesion cure?

Oh, yes. Whenever I walk or stand for a long period of time, my pelvic pain is worse. DH and I went to a home show at the Convention Center yesterday and it felt like we walked for miles! When we finally got to the car I felt like someone had hit me in the back with a sledge hammer! Plus, I had swelly belly again!
Unread 02-21-2005, 09:01 AM
adhesion cure?

Hey girls,
Thanks so much for all the replys to my post.
Here is an update: Since I last wrote, I have met with the general surgeon, who said that he didn't believe it was appendix or hernia but will look around with gyn. I also met with gyn for the second time. He said adhesion barrier might be a possibility. He is going to try to get everything out with minimal bleeding and try to fill with as much fluid as possible to help decrease the chances of new adhesions occuring. I just went for my pre-op appointment this morning. Surgery is scheduled for Thurday, the 24th. Hopefully, this will take care of it!!!
Susan
Unread 02-23-2005, 08:09 PM
adhesion cure?

I thought I was some kind of freak of nature until I read all of your stories about adhesion problems. I've had three surgeries to have them removed and tried the films. After the cesarean birth of my fourth child (all of my deliveries were c-section), the doctor spent one and one-half hours cutting away adhesions and this was after it took him an hour of cutting to be able to reach my uterus to get my daughter out. I had a hysterectomy in 2001, for prolapsed uterus and they told me this would also help with the adhesions. Guess what? The pain is back and just as bad, if not worse than ever. I would willingly go through this again to have my children but it would be real nice to be able to enjoy them without being in constant pain and careful of turning too fast and feeling that ripping pain. Has anyone found anything to relieve the pain even a little? It is a major interference in day to day life. I would appreciate any suggestions!
skspat
Unread 03-23-2005, 06:40 AM
adhesion cure

Hello Everybody

I am going in on March 31 for another laproscope to look for adhesions. Is there anything I should ask my Dr to try if he finds more adhesions to keep them from coming back? I had my hyst in 2001 and adhesions removed in 2002. The pain I am experiencing now started back in Oct. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Unread 03-23-2005, 08:09 AM
adhesion cure?

Hi, Tigercub.

The only thing I could think of is to ask your doctor about using some sort of adhesion barrier like Seprafilm or something. Make sure he/she places plenty of it. Also, if adhesions are found, you might want to reconsider any further surgeries since more surgeries tend to create more adhesions, even if the surgeries are laparoscopic. Good luck and let's keep our fingers crossed that this one nips those monstors in the bud!
Unread 03-23-2005, 08:28 AM
adhesions

I have been wondering for a year now if the type of pain I sometimes have could be from adhesions. Could some describe the pain?

My surgery was 7 years ago. Fairly soon afterward I noticed really bad pain that lasted briefly in my intestines as waste was going through specific places. I have IBS and also get colon spasms (which also developed post surgery!)

Since the two most affected places are nowhere near each other, I question additional surgeries on a hit or miss fix.

Sometimes the pain can take my breath away - but luckily it only lasts a short while. It's when I'm in public that it's a real problem.

Is it better to just deal with it on my own or seak help? Can I expect it to get worse with time? Do adhesions just keep on building one on top of the other - or finally stop growing?

It seems from what I read here that more surgery may not be a strong solution.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register