adhesion cure? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adhesion cure? adhesion cure?

Unread 03-23-2005, 08:42 AM
adhesion cure?

I think adhesion pain can be perceived differently, depending on the person and how their adhesions are attached. For instance, I hear many people talk about the spasming type pain you describe. Typically, that pain subsides soon after the stool passes through the assumed constricted area or sometimes after a bowel movement. I don't have that type of pain - - for me, it's a burning, tight type of pain which probably indicates some nerve entrapment. Also, I have an occasional deep pulling pain. I notice no difference in pain levels when I have bowel movements and I don't have pain when I have bowel movements. Who knows? You might mention your symptoms to your doctor and they might want you to undergo a colonoscopy. Although, if you know you've got IBS you've probably already done that. My opinion would be to leave it alone surgically, unless it's altering your lifestyle to a degree you can't abide or you are experiencing numerous blockages. But, certainly, talk to your doctor if you're very concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2005, 12:49 PM
adhesion cure?

Hey there girls,
Well I had my surgery and when the doc got in there he was quite surprised. Not only did I have more endo. and adhesions but I also had a cyst that was on a small piece of uterine tissue which was lodged on my kidney-left side. The doctor had a difficult time finding it and could not even believe it existed! It was the size of a golf ball. This is where all my pain was coming from.(the pain was so bad that it went all the way around to my back) Also there was a very large scar tissue spot - right side which he was quite concerned with but all was well with it. Anyway, all went well and I am taking things slowly. I am not lifting at all. (even though I am in the middle of moving!) Hubby and Kiddos are really making sure that I don't because they don't want me to have to go through this again. So that is the latest in my update. Hopefully this will be the last surgery!
Susan
Unread 03-23-2005, 12:54 PM
adhesion cure?

Susan,

You sound like me!! I had my adhesion surgery on 7/13/03 and we moved on 2/15/03! Oh, it was horrid! I'm such a control freak that it drove me crazy to let my sister and neice pack my kitchen and put it back together in the new house. Just do what the doctor says and don't get tempted to do anything. Leave the house if you have to, just so you won't get in to that "oh, packing one little box won't hurt" kind of mode. I did that one day and I paid for it! Stay sane!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 03:55 AM
adhesion cure?

I'm so glad your surgery is over and they were able to find the source of all your pain. I hope this is the end of the road for you and you can move on with your life, and enjoy your new home!

Michelle
Unread 04-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Adhesions

Hello All,
My surgery was almost 2 years ago and I've developed adhesions as well. I'm not in a tremendous amount of pain, but it's really irritating and enough to interfere somewhat. My gyn sent me to a physical therapist whose group specializes in women's issues.
She has used several techniques on me that have helped tremendously.
She does ultrasound therapy (very relaxing, love it love it); massage and scar manipulation; stretching and abdominal work on a balance ball; and has done some internal exploring and has determined that part of the problem is muscular.
This is where it gets interesting. The muscular problems were probably caused by me constantly tightening them because of the endo pain. This is the stabbing pain around the vagina/anal/upper thigh/buttock area. There are so many muscles running in so many directions, some of what we may think is adhesion pain is possibly caused by this. Her suggestion for this was to do kegels to the point of exhaustion, then try to consciously relax those muscles.
I would highly recommend physical therapy to anyone. Most insurance covers it, no drugs involved, and there is very little pain!
Good luck!
Unread 04-17-2005, 11:32 AM
adhesion cure?

What does adhesion pain feel like? A pulling, or dull ache?
LCP
Unread 04-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Adhesion Pain

Well, it's hard to describe because it's different for everyone. For me, it's kind of like that dull ache I had when I was healed enough to get back to life, but was still sore and tender. I also have a lump of scar tissue that can be felt around the incision. Some women have excruciating pain. Let's hope you don't have them!
Unread 04-17-2005, 04:36 PM
adhesion cure?

My pain is debilitating---I can't work, I have filed for disability, it effects every aspect of my daily life--even down to feeding the dogs. For me the pain is a pulling, tearing, sharp, stabbing pain. If it wasn't for the load of meds I am on now, I would be insane, literally. And with all the meds I have, it only takes the edge off if I just sit around....If I do any kind of activity it gets worse...like going to the grocery store, I come home in tears. I pray that no one ever knows this kind of daily pain..oh yeah..my pain is constant--all the time. On a good day I can only get my level down to a 5 or 6--not good enough for me.
Unread 04-17-2005, 06:31 PM
adhesion cure?

Oh Marian, I am so sorry. And I know you have a rectocele too, just like me; we have posted together about that.
I will pray for you. I know you are having such a rough time. Thanks for answering my question, and I pray you will find relief. I hope you get your disability as well.
LCP
Unread 04-17-2005, 09:42 PM
adhesion cure?

Thanks for the info on celebrex.

I am having to schedule another surgery for adhesions after the TAH I had in early December. I was stunned when I read the post op notes that my surgeon did not to anything to prevent adhesions. If I had not been so weak I would have killed him!!

I have had a surgeon use the Interceed product with great success. It is a type of gel tape that eventually is absorbed by your body. I think the other product "serafilm" has to be removed surgically at a later date. Can you ladies confirm or deny that?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register