adhesion cure? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adhesion cure? adhesion cure?

Unread 04-18-2005, 04:42 AM
adhesion cure?

I just had surgery for adhesions and I requested Saprafilm. It's supposed to have better results than interceed. (But there are no gaurantees with either product) I even got my Dr to prescribe Celebrex, I printed a copy of the article for her. Now I wait and see.

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2005, 06:58 AM
adhesion cure?

(((LCP)))
Yeah we are prolapse buddies.. I have been dealing with this for so long, that I don't know how I would live without it, if that makes sense. I have been in some sort of pain since the D&C in sept 03 that I forgot what it means to not have pain. That kind of bites, but I am not as frustrated or angry about it all anymore. I am trying to just accept it and find ways to be somewhat normal.

(((da)))

No seprafilm does not have to be removed...it absorbs in the body as well. I received this during my last adhesion surgery and 4 weeks later my pain was back...none of the barriers have much success rate if you have had problems with the adhesions in the past. From what I remember reading on the company website was that it decreases your chances of recurrent adhesions only by 18-20 percent. If it is your first ever surgery, they have a better success rate for some reason. But they seriously need to keep researching for a better product. Even if they came out with one tomorrow, I would be hesitant about having surgery again.

(((michelle)))

I hope the celebrex works for you, seems to work with the mice...so why not us right? Unfortunately for me, I have a sulfa allergy and can not take Celebrex....I was actually told by my GI doc to never take a NSAID ever again. I developed severe gastritis from taking them for back pain for so many years and the last time I took one both of my legs below the knees swelled up the elephant size! I would love to take one when my pain gets bad...somehow I think it might make me feel better, but oh well.
Unread 04-19-2005, 03:41 AM
adhesion cure?

Marian.
With everything else you have had to deal with I'm sure you don't want to add elephant feet to the list. Then we would be on a quest to find you an elephant shoe store,
I'm not putting too much hope in the Seprafilm, or Celebrex. Just resting in the Gods care, and praying for an end to this road.

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 03:48 AM
adhesion cure?

Just resting in the Gods care, and praying for an end to this road.

OOPS, I don't believe in "the Gods" but I do believe in "my God"

I just found the elephant and had to put him in, lol.

Michelle
Unread 04-19-2005, 05:59 AM
adhesion cure?

Thanks for the laugh Michelle!
I pray that it does work well for you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register