Questions for those who had TAH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions for those who had TAH Questions for those who had TAH

Unread 02-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Questions for those who had TAH

I just wanted to let you know. I saw my surgeon for my 3 week post op and asked about pain. He said I can feel various things for up to 3 months and that is normal.

Jeanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2005, 04:37 PM
still numb as well

Hi there, you're obviously not alone on this one! It's been 2 years and 2 surgeries, headed for my third tomorrow.
Before I had my second I was still having the stinging, stabing pains. I am still numb below the belly button. Only un like you, I didn't loose. DRAT wish I would have. I have gained and gained and gained. I started this weighing about 125, and now I'm between 165-170.
Has anyone else suffered with weight gain, even when their eating habbits didn't change?

I'd like to know if anyone who has had their hysterectomy, more than say, 4 years ago are having problems with stinging, stabing pains and numbness.
hey, how do you make the smilies?
Unread 02-08-2005, 06:00 PM

Call your Dr about the eating thing. 15lbs is a lot. I lost 12 and am now on Ensure to gain back. When I eat my tummy feels bloated too. I do not like to eat a lot at once, small meals several times a day. I'm also having cravings. Salt and chocolate, which I give into with the weight loss. I've gained back most of it, but struggle to maintain.

Call Dr make apointment let him/her know what's going on...

Feel free to email me. We are neighbours. I'm near Kingston...

Penni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2005, 06:10 PM

I had my TAH in may. I never did experience those zingers so I figure I may stay numb forever. I had four c sections, then the hyst through the same bikini line. I lost quite a bit of weight and can grab quite a roll there. I can pinch myself in my lower abdoman and actually feel nothing. I guess this is what I am left with. I am ok with it, because it sure is better than Aunt Flo and those terrible cramps!!!
Maybe I need a huge tummy tuck!!! I don't think my insurance co. would pay for it.
I feel great so that is all that matters!
Peggy
Unread 02-08-2005, 07:08 PM

Hi,
my surgery was Dec 2004, I would like to have Tiggeroo's problem with weight loss. I have your other problems but not that one... I have gained almost all what you lost!!! You can have them back now!!!!

I also have the stinging ,stabbing, burning sensation to the right of my inscsion. This area also swells from time to time and I get a strange itching sensation; but when I got to touch it it's soar and the itching sensation is coming from within???
Unread 02-09-2005, 08:35 AM

I called the doc and was told that what I am feeling is normal.......the stabbing in my right side has gone now.

I am 4 wks. post op...so I also asked about baths and was told it was ok at this point, just make sure it is really dry after....

I also found that breaking open Vitamin E capsules and putting the oil on the incision area really, really helps with the stinging, pulling , tender feeling....( not to mention it helps minimize scarring ) the doc told me it was fine to do this.

But check these things out with your DR's first because any earlier may not be ok.
Thanks to all for your reply's.

Have a great day all !
tiggeroo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register