Think I came back to work to early! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Think I came back to work to early! Think I came back to work to early!

Unread 02-08-2005, 01:04 PM
going back to work

Ladies
This is my opinion... Don't go back to work before you feel like it. My surgery was 1/28/05 and I was cleared for 4 weeks, but if I don't feel like going back I'm not going to at that time.

I learned my lesson 3 years ago. I found out I had a very serious
blood clot (28 inches long). I waited to go to the doctor because of a #$*%% boss. Therefore, when I went to the doctor and had a sonogram they immediately put me in the hospital. To make a long story short I was off work almost 6 months. My boss hassled me the whole time I was off until I called in our union.

So......... I learned that no one will take care of you, but YOU! And except for family and maybe close friends people really don't care if you take care of yourself or not. Believe me most companies want you to come back to work no matter what, but then if you end up back in the hospital or would have to leave because of a disability, they would find a replacement in a second and forget about you.

I am not being pessimistic.. in fact, I am a Christian and like to think the best of people. BUT, a person has to watch out for yourself and your family because other people can be very insensitive and mean.

Of course the boss I had 3 years ago is retired now and she and her husband have loads of money and are building a new house.

So, you see it did me no good to worry about her and my job when she is retired now and worries about no one but herself. The boss I have now is a Christian lady and has been very understanding about my Hyster. She had one herself 3 years ago.

BUT NOW, I AM TAKING CARE OF MYSELF FIRST AND THE GIRLS AT WORK ARE SPLITTING UP MY DUTIES WHILE I AM GONE. AND, LIFE GOES ON..... AND SO DO THE JOBS.

I'll get off my soapbox now.. Thanks for listening.

Gail 20 in Kansas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Think I came back to work to early!

Gail,
Well said. Let's all take care of ourselves. Then we will be strong and able to take care of DHs, families, friends and also our jobs.
Unread 02-08-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SnoSpud
We're surgery sisters too!!!

It sound to me like you need to take some more time...will your boss let you take another week???
Hey sister! God Forbid I take off work another week. She is so ridiculous. She told me today "thank you for coming back a week early. I will make sure you dont have to do anything except for sit and do that part of the job." I am thinking....."yea, that is good cuz I am not doing anything else anyway!"

Be careful when you return to work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2005, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kirby1620
Kim,
My MD was good enough to sign me as off work for 8 weeks.

I hope the rest of your week goes better. Be sure to rest when you go home.

Wishing you the best,
My MD wanted me out till next week, which would be six weeks. But I asked to go back cuz I felt so bad and got tired of being harassed! I wont feel bad again! I learned a long and valuable lesson because I am feeling mighty bad right now. I will be doing NOTHING when I get home. I am blessed to have older boys and a great hubby that like to pamper me!
Unread 02-08-2005, 01:47 PM

Kim,

I share your blessings too. 2 older boys (one frosh in college, the younger is an 8th grader) and a DH too. Our family joke is now there is no uterus in the house any more.

Let them pamper you...when mom feels good the whole family prospers. Their pampering of you will be repaid to them 10 fold!

Best wishes,
Unread 02-08-2005, 02:16 PM

I had my hyster on 1/28/05. I had lap/vag, both overies, tubes, uterus taken. As of right now I am off till 3/11. I asked my doc in the hospital for the 6 weeks, so I am lucky there. I work at a store you all know, overnites 10pm-7am. When I go back they will think I'm superwoman and maybe help me a few days with heavey things, but after that I am on my own. I will either be stocking shelves, climbing ladder, or pushing a mop pail, vaccuuming rugs, cleaning bathrooms, that's doing maintence. I never got a great education, so there goes those dreams....The management ..... sometimes, put more on you, not care how you feel. I will do what I can and somebody will help me with the heavey things, for I will leave them. I know I'm only almost 2 week post-op, and got a lot more healing to go. I wish all you girls the best. It seems like to me, I'm 60 yr old, that since the 2000 year got here, in ways and some things alot of people only care for themselves. I'm glad that we got this site and each other to talk to. FoxyJo 's to all of you!!!
Unread 02-08-2005, 08:20 PM

Everything taken out - ovaries, tubes, uterus, cervix LAVH. Endometrial ca in uterus, left ovary 6.5 cm tumor, classed 1C.

Docs didn't really give me a time to go back. So I went back to work one week after I left. Wednesday Jan 12 was my last day, Thursday was my pre-admission, Friday 14 was the surgery. I went to work on the next Wednesday. Crazy??!!
Well, I did have it a lot easier than I had expected. They were pretty sure I'd have to have the "big cut" but in the end were able to do laparoscopic. I had no pain and felt okay, so since I am a bookkeeper and sit all day at the computer, my only challenge was remembering to get up every hour for my circulation. Boss has been good, but I sense that underlying anxiety in him to want to have everything brought up to date right away, while he's saying not to be a martyr. I do wish I had just vegged out a little longer even if I wasn't in pain. I DO get tired so I don't do full days. When I am at home I just go and lie down when I feel like it. Good to get those legs up anyway. The main thing we must remember is that no matter what method of surgery, it's all the same deep inside. Lots of stitches that don't need to be disturbed before they heal....
I guess I felt a little pressure to get things done since I think they are going to put me on chemo and if I react to that as most people do, I will be missing more work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register