Relief from External Vulvar pain - do you have? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Relief from External Vulvar pain - do you have? Relief from External Vulvar pain - do you have?

Unread 02-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Relief from External Vulvar pain - do you have?

I have had, for just over 10 years now, this horrible "raw" or "burning" type pain on the outside of "the entrance". I have told every Dr I've been to over these 10 years about this problem and finally, the one I saw last week seemed to have a possible answer. He prescribed me a compounded cream to massage in that area after I bathe, before intercourse, and before I urinate. He also mentioned that the current pain I've been experiencing in my right pelvic area and into my leg is quite possibly related to an entrapped ilioinguinal nerve which can also lead to pain in the vulvar area, as the nerves there branch off of this main nerve.

Who knows! But, it sounds more logical than anything any other Dr has ever tried to explain and/or recommend to me.

Has anyone else had this type of pain that is ALWAYS there and interferes with sexual relations? Have you found anything that works to remedy it?

My Dr also gave me some pelvic floor exercises that are supposed to help.

Let me know what you've experienced...

Thx,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2005, 12:07 AM

I have had burning, stinging vulva pain since my hyst in Aug. Sex has been a nightmare! I have had so many uti's that I couldn't tell what hurt for awhile. My GP dx me with vulvodynia. Do a websearch, you'll find a lot about it.

I am trying nortrityline now and having good results. Also using lidocaine gel before intercourse and cortisone cream when it's really hurting bad.

Ten yrs. you poor thing!

I am in the handbell choir too. :-)
Unread 02-09-2005, 11:35 AM

I actually have some tearing of the skin, my doctor said that it was a weakening in the skin, probably from scar tissue from episiotomies, I had a really bad one with the first one. During my last lap he tried to fix it by cutting that part of the skin out and restitching the sides back together, it helped somewhat I don't tear as much, but I do still have a lot of pulling and a lot of irritation and burning. I haven't found anything to help except that I would like to have an ice pack to put on there after intercourse. If you find anything that helps let us know.

Heather

Unread 02-09-2005, 12:56 PM

I also have burning ... doctor calls it vulvodynia ... will not get better. The only relief I have is using Desitin for the daytime hours and Desitin mixed with Lydocaine gel at night. That keeps it from being the strong burning. My doctor is still trying to get it to go away. I see him once a month to monitor.
Unread 02-09-2005, 01:17 PM

I had that burning last year. My dr recommended that I use monistat cream externally several times a day. He said it was a fungal infection of the outer labia and it's sometimes very difficult to diagnose and cure. Alot like an outer yeast infection. It hurt so bad - I dreaded going to pee every time I had to go, and sex was out of the question.
It took a couple of weeks of regular use but it finally cleared it up.
Hope that you find something that works.
Tammy
Unread 03-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Nerve block helped

Well, I've been thru the monistat cream, diflucan, lidocaine cream, etc. to relieve the vulvar pain....also previously diagnosed as vulvodynia and/or vestibulitis. I used a topical galee cream (compounded Rx) that seemed to help a tad but I always forget to use it. However, my Dr said that the Inguinal Nerve (the one I had a block on) supplies the nerve-endings to this area. Thus, the only relief I seemed to experience from the nerve block I had is that this pain is a lot duller than it used to be. So, I'm hoping future nerve blocks will help eradicate ALL pain in this area. I'll certainly keep you posted.
Unread 08-05-2005, 10:53 PM

Tamandrews, I have had the irritated and burning, I tried monistat, then the pill for yeast and now I am applying the monastat cream to see if this will help. My Dr. said use the cortisone cream. I think it sounds more like the outer yeast. Did it kinda sting-burn when you would use the cream? Thanks....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register