Hey Ladies... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Pilates

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hey Ladies... Hey Ladies...

Unread 02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey Ladies...

Hi all

Haven't heard from most of you in a week or more How's everyone doing??? Are ya'll still with me in doing pilates ?? I sure hope so !! I need words of encouragement from time to time....

I have been doing the "body slimming" dvd, the "20 minute burn" dvd and the good old "basic 20minute workout" --- I rotate them and am seeing some good results in the past 3 or 4 weeks !!!! I can now touch my toes over my head --- and my abs are really getting stronger --- can almost 'see' them now..lol... I DO see my ribs --- which has been a few years since seeing them.. and "hello" !! I see some pelvic bones !!

Want to hear from you ladies and how YOU are doing !!
Also --- the "Back" workout is Great for stretching and making the back more supple !!! Dh loves it !

So -------- how's everyone doing ??? Yo, 2 Pegasus --- haven't heard from you in ages -- how's school ???

's to all !!!!!

~~Jubilee~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2005, 03:36 AM
Hey Ladies...

Hi Jubilee,

I'm still doing the Basic 20 min. most days along with a 3 mile walk. It's nice to know I can move up to the other dvds when I get bored and need a change. Glad to hear your abs are looking great. Mine aren't bad and I only do the Basic. Just imagine what they'll look like when I get to your level. What I'm really loving is how my buns are looking. Pilates are wonderful!

Sidenote... we had a few days of decent weather, that is before the snow returned, so I went outside for my walk. I got a mild case of shin splints. My kids' first question was "Do you need new shoes?" grrrr

Lent began yesterday so my healthy eating will get a little healthier.

Stay well Pilates sisters.

Wilma
Unread 02-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey Ladies...

I am still going to class. I did miss 3 classes recently and boy did it kick my hiney going back in. And, I was doing Yoga for Abs to supplement.

I think Pilates is the best exercise I have ever tried. I hope you are all truly enjoying it, as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey Ladies...

I'm still doing my Pilates. I am fortunate to have the buns and thighs DVD since I have to be extremely careful with my newly broken toe.

My podiatrist said to stay off my feet as much as possible. This DVD makes it easy to watch and control my toes.

I hope all of you Pilates Sisters are doing well. S~Moonchime
Unread 02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey Ladies...

Hi Wilma, Michelle, and Moonchime !

So good to hear from some of the pilates sisters again!

Wilma... one question for you - were you doing your 3 mile walks on a treadmill??? If so, when you went "outside" for your walk, this could account for your shin splints......... not necessarily your shoes.... this happens to me alot when I'm inside on the treadmill and then go outside for the first time! Walking on a treadmill is alot different than walking outside ! Just a thought !

Michelle.. I miss days too ( sometimes because I "want" to..lol)
main thing is to stay with the program.... but take days off if ya need them.

Moonchime.. take care of that toe !! Do you have to have it taped ?? How long Does it take to heal a broken toe? I hope you will be back on your feet again soon! At least ya can do the pilates !

Thanks for checking in ladies !! ALWAYS GREAT to hear from all of you !!! I'm going to lay off the "Advanced Body Slimming" dvd -- I can do some of the moves... but not at the pace Mari has set in this tape... and I think I need to be stronger in the abs to do this one... but I do love my basic 20 minute workout as well as the ab workout and the "20 minute burn" -- And LOVE the back workout at least 2x a week -- very mellow and relaxing !!

Keep in touch ladies !! Incase I don't get online over the weekend.... Happy Valentines Day to all of you !!!

~~Jubilee~~
Unread 02-12-2005, 04:30 AM
Hey Ladies...

Hi Ladies,

Yes jubilee, I use a treadmill when the weather is cold, rainy or snowy. I realize it is cushioned unlike my neighborhood streets. But I was surprised just the same. I walk at an incline on the treadmill to burn more calories and better simulate the oudoors.

I have to say michelle I admire you're going to a class. I don't look like the girls doing the demonstration on the dvd ( they all look 20 yrs younger at least... does mari demonstrate the moves on any of her videos?) I think I might be a little embarassed. Not to mention my workout wardrobe!! On the other hand you probably get encouragement from the people in your class that the TV just doesn't give.

Moonchime I'm glad you are still able to get in a good workout even with a broken toe. That's really great!

Happy Valentine's Day to all the Pilates sisters. Keep up the hard work.

Wilma
Unread 02-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey Ladies...

Quote:
Originally posted by jubilee
Hi Wilma, Michelle, and Moonchime !

Moonchime.. take care of that toe !! Do you have to have it taped ?? How long Does it take to heal a broken toe? I hope you will be back on your feet again soon! At least ya can do the pilates !

~~Jubilee~~
Hi Jubilee, Yes, my toe is taped. I am also wearing an orthopedic shoe day and night. I have a terrible history of breaking bones.

I broke both arms as a child. The doctor told my parents then that I had the brittle bones of an 80 year old woman.

As I got older, I spent the entire 80's and 90's doing weight bearing exercises and taking plenty of calcium and other supplements. I suppose it is good that I did these things or my bones may be in even worse shape than they are.

I broke a toe is 1987. I never saw a doctor--we just taped it and it healed in about 6 weeks. Then I went right back to jogging and my weight training. I also was taking dance classes then.

In 2001, I broke another toe. I just thought it would heal in about 6 weeks as the last broken one had. It didn't. Finally, after 8 months of suffering, I had surgery on the toe to remove the dying joints and broken bone fragments.

So, when I broke this toe, I ran straight to Urgent Care. The doctor X-rayed it and told me that it was broken and also something wasn't right with the surgically altered toe. He told me to see my podiatrist.

I saw him last week. I told him what my parents had been told about my brittle bones. He's the first doctor I've ever thought to mention this to.

He did X-rays to see how badly broken my toe was and also to see what the Urgent Care doctor was talking about with the toe right next to it.

When he came in to show me the X-rays, he said he saw what the doctor meant when I was young. Instead of my bones showing up white on X-rays, they are dim and not strong looking at all.

The surgically altered toe had the joint removed, but the doctor didn't fuse the remaining bones together. So, there is a space in my toe with no connection to bone.

The broken toe is beside it. It is broken in half at a diagonal angle. He told me it will probably take longer than the normal 6 to 8 weeks to heal.

I will mention my bone problem to my gyne the next time I see her. I hadn't realized it was still a problem for me. I take my calcium religiously and I also eat plenty of yogurt. I'm also on estrogen, which the podiatrist said was a very good thing.

I'm just so happy to be able to do Pilates as I heal since the doctor told me not to do anything that puts my weight on it, such as the elliptical trainer.

Have a very Happy Valentine's Day Pilates sisters!!~Moonchime
Unread 02-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey Ladies...

Oh Moonchime....'s to you !! That is terrible about your bones !! Have any of the doc's you've seen mentioned some of the drugs that are supposed to help your bones.. like fosamax or actenol (sp? on both spelling..lol..) Have you ever had a bone density scan done?

Am so glad you can at least do your pilates! I've never broken a bone so I don't know what you are going thru........ but am sending hugs and prayers your way that you heal soon !!!

~~Jubilee~~
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:07 AM
Hey Ladies...

Moonchime, I sure hope your toe heals well, even if it takes a little longer than average. Does the doc think the surgically repaired toe with the missing joint be a problem in the future.

Sounds like you've been really smart with the information you have. All that weight bearing exercise and calcium you religiously take have to help. Way to go Moonchime!!

I wish you a speedy recovery and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You're an inspiration to me.

Wilma
Unread 02-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey Ladies...

Wilma:

The class is great. The instructor is supportive. I wear sweats and a tshirt : ) We have all ages and sizes in our class .... we even have some men showing up off and on. If you want to try a class ... go for it! Who cares what anyone else thinks? You are there to take charge of your health and anyone who isn't supportive of that does not deserve your notice, right?

Best wishes to all !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register