How are the 2-weekers doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are the 2-weekers doing? How are the 2-weekers doing?

Unread 02-09-2005, 09:31 PM
How are the 2-weekers doing?

I had surgery on 1-25-05 and was able to keep my ovaries and cervix. I am feeling very good and am wondering how other 2-weekers are feeling.

In reading other posts, I am wondering if some of us who feel pretty good don't post enough. I was a little scared when reading about all the problems that can happen. My heart goes out to the the ladies who are having so much pain and trouble. I feel truly blessed and somewhat undeserving that I am having such an uneventful recovery so far.

This site has been such a help and encouragement to me! I appreciate all of you who have taken the time to post here. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2005, 09:40 PM

For a pre-opper like me, it is nice to hear about the princesses that are healing easily. I am nervous and scared and it relieves me to hear the good stories, along with the others (better to be informed). I love this site and all the information and emotional support it provides.

I'm very happy you are having a good recovery. May it stay that way and may be have a long, happy and painfree life.

Denise

TAH/BSO, endo, PCOS and fibroids. Surgery on 3/4/05. Not soon enough.
Unread 02-09-2005, 09:53 PM

My surgery was 2 weeks ago today and I am doing great. I have had little pain and I feel better than I did before the surgery. I do feel uncomfortable and I am taking it easy but other than that I think this is the best thing I ever did.

This site has been wonderful. I got so much information from here before my surgery that my doctor was impressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2005, 10:02 PM

I had my surgery on 1-20 *Partial hyst*. Today I'm doing great. I've been pretty emotional for the last few days. Poor DH and kids. Physically I feel great. Emotionally today has been good. It's great to hear that your feeling well.

Hugs to everyone. I don't know what I would have done without this sight.
Unread 02-10-2005, 05:27 AM
Feeling pretty good

I too am feeling pretty good. I have more good days than bad days . Yesterday was a bad day ..did too much. I had a TAH/BSO
on 1/28/05. We all heal differently and I am just keeping a watchful eye out on my body. I know this site has helped to make me aware of the changes I can go through and maybe that has helped me to be prepared so when something happens I go ok I read about this these are the suggestions that I read.
Unread 02-10-2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks for asking

I had my surgery Lavh 1-27-05 & I have been feeling preaty good.The mornings can be a bit rough but then once I get going it gets better.Like the princess before me I know its the best thing I ever did.Emtionally I feel better than I have in a long time.I had sooo much pain before w/ the endo that I found myself feeling grumpy & crying for no real reason.
I have to remind myself to take it easy & not overdo it.I have been out everyday since Sat the first few days of getting out I think I was feeling soo goood that I over did it so the evnings I was hurting.I find I'm realy tired come 5pm but if I cat nap I do okay...it s nice to be able to get out and see whats outside this house,lol.
I too have found this site to be a huge blessing for me...I have told many other females about it.I also found out more here than from my doct.Its wonderful to have so much support from so many different woman!!!
Unread 02-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Good healing vibes

Awww Jennilynn,
Please don't feel undeserving of feeling good and healing without problems. May all the Hystersisters have the same.

The wonderful thing about this site is that we all learn from each other. If we didn't hear about the complications we would be upset and say that no one warned us.

If we didn't hear about the good we would say complications were exaggerated.

So I think the best thing to do is just what you did-report how you are feeling!

Not to be a wet blanket-but sometimes people feel great for the first couple of weeks then the numbness wears off at about week 3. Some keep feeling great.

May you all be feeling great at week 3 and beyond!

's
Unread 02-10-2005, 07:12 AM

I had a TVH on 1/26/05 and I am also feeling totally normal! I have to hold myself back from doing too much. I've started walking again (not too far or too fast) the only difference I have is that I need a 30 minute nap around 5pm! I haven't started any HRT yet because synthetic estrogen scares me so I'm having major night sweats! I am doing the saliva test and bioidentical hormones as soon as I get my test results back. For all you pre-op ladies, don't worry, you'll do great - you've already found the best support system right here!!
Unread 02-10-2005, 07:25 AM
2 weeks and counting

I am 52 and had a TAH/BSO plus repairs, adhesion removal, and endometriosis removal done on 1/26/2005 due to a prolapse of the uterus.

I wish I was feeling better, but it has been a rough couple of weeks. I think I was in the torture chamber of the 'castle'. I had bad reactions to the anesthetic and pain meds and then reactions to the meds they gave me to counteract the reactions. It was a disaster filled with extreme nausea and no pain relief. The vomiting and heaving for hours during the first week increased the pain significantly.

For those of you with known reactions to pain meds, there is a pump that can be inserted into the incision that will continue to administer anesthetic to the area for a few days after surgery. ASK your doctor about using this. Although my doctor knew that I had allergies and bad reactions to various pain meds he did not expect the disaster that occurred. He wished he had used this pump but after the surgery, it was too late.

I also asked to be stitched and not stapled which turned out to be a good choice. Stitches with steri strips really secure the incision and I have had no incision problems.

I am on the Climara 0.025mg/day patch and having no problems with it and only slight problems with menopausal symptoms.

I am improving now that the nausea has past, but still surprised at how much pain I am experiencing. I hope that there will be a big improvement during the next week. Because I know that it is important to balance light activity with rest, I make myself do something productive each day...I wish I could do more.

If given the choice to turn back the clock, I would still have the surgery. The prolapse was too limiting for me to do the things I enjoy!!
Unread 02-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Feeling Good

First milestone passed....sleeping on my side again, hooray !!! I had a TAH on 1/24/05 for soccor ball sized fibroids, always was a side sleeper, but after the surgery, could only sleep on my back, but last night life was good again....I slept straight through the night and went from one side to the other, and still woke up this morning with no pain. I won't be doing hand stands any time soon, though I must say, that 2 week mark, is a good thing!!!

I hope all the sisters out there get to their "2 week mark" feeling good....even if it takes 3 or 4 weeks...just get there healthy!!!

AKJ

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register