2 month'ers how r u doing? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 month'ers  how r u doing? 2 month'ers how r u doing?

Unread 02-12-2005, 05:34 PM
2 month'ers how r u doing?

I am close to 8 weeks out. Still have the swelling, quick fatigue and obviously, since I started weeping after reading all your posts, the moods are still up and down. I am just so grateful to hear your frank sharing of your physical and emotional healing - and the right side pain. . . .me too! I don't get it. . . .

I know there are other threads where intimacy is spoken about as well as the intenral exams - I would have to say that is the worst for me - the six week exam (actually at 4 weeks) was unbearable and I have internal bleeding and no "go ahead" of intimacy in site. My hubby is doing o.k. with it, very supportive (he'd have to be o.k. with it - it is my body and if I hurt, he better be supportive!) and we have increased our laughter, a siimple thing, just happened, but I sure enjoy just sitting (o.k. mostly I am laying around pooped out) and talking/giggling - it is like we first met!

thank you all for your sharing, sure helps me not feel like I am the 'wimpiest" as none of us are!

Madelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2005, 08:16 PM

Hi again 8 weekers.
My husband and I were intimate yesterday for first time(actually I am at 9 weeks now). It was wonderful, yet scary being together. The only thing different was feeling that I have swelling or something on left side inside with sore area. Have any of you had this? It is usually my right everything that aches or hurts, but this is half way up my left side of my vagina. I did not have this before surgery. I have no fever, bleeding, etc. after making love, just some pain during due to sore area......anyone else??

52-TLVH/overies taken-4 years post menopausal-entrocele repair-No HRT
Unread 02-12-2005, 09:50 PM

Hi Kozo We have the same surgery date. DH and I atually have had sex about 4 times since I was released and I noticed a soreness inside. It has not gone away and seems to be the same pain each time. I think I am tense, protecting the parts for so long and we are going to have to keep trying and ease into a satisfying lovemaking. I am having a hard time getting libido going. I have little to no desire and am doing it to please honey but hope this changes soon. We have only been married 5 years and our sex was really good prior to HYST. Will this get better? Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Thank GOD for this website

There are no words to express how much this website means to me.

I'm also reaching my two month mark and like all of you, going through the ups and downs. It is funny because I'm was also working 11 - 12 hour days for two weeks straight before my body told me STOP!!!!. Now I'm trying to take it easy and I'm forcing myself to leave work early. Being a WORKAHOLIC, this is not easy for me. The one solution I've found is to schedule time off on my calendar and make appointments for massages, waxing, hair-nails, etc. at a time that forces me to leave the office. Crazy HA?

My DH and I just got back from our weekend Valentine celebration. We had the best sex we've had in years!!! Before the surgery, sex was very very painful. I love him! But I'm exhausted.

Swelly belly starts in the afternoons & pain on the left side too.

Can't wait to feel my energy is 100%

LOVE to all
Danna

Unread 02-13-2005, 08:05 PM

It sounds like most everyone is doing GREAT! I'm a little behind you date-wise (is that a word??). I feel really good. With the exception of lift things that are too heavy and getting sore I'd say I'm more than 100%. I find that I have more energy to get things done and my 2 hour afternoon nap hasn't happened in weeks!

Love and blessings to you all,
Angie K.
Unread 02-13-2005, 08:20 PM

Mine was 12-13 04. Close enough.
I know what you mean about block buster video. One thing for all you sisters out there. I found out on your birthday(sorry the day you were born)LOL You can get a free video from block buster video. For any of you that do have children, they can take they good report cards to BBV to get a free movie also. I thought that was sooo cool.
Unread 02-13-2005, 09:02 PM

thanks for the blockbuster info. DH birthday is coming so we will go for the free movie.
Unread 02-14-2005, 02:37 PM
7 weeks out & enjoying your comments

I had SAH 12/27 so I am 7 weeks today. Reading all of you that had surgery prior to mine helps me think I might be normal. Today I am having strange feeling in area where uterus was & I just thought this cannot be after 7 weeks, yesterday it was lower left side & to top it off I think I have a hemorroid that is bleeding, burning etc & is worse than pain of surgery. I truly thought after 6 weeks these strange feelings would be gone & really kinda scared me but apparently I am not alone. This sight has been such a help
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:22 PM

I am really woried about not having the libido. DH is humming and excited because he wants us to make love tonite and I am trying to find excuses to go to sleep. This is not me. I guess I will fake it til I make it but I was wandering if maybe I need some other hormone besides the estrogen.
Unread 02-15-2005, 10:29 PM

Hi Sisters!
In general, I have felt great since about the 5 week point, but as I posted on another thread, I caught the flu, and have been coughing something fierce this week... it feels like I've stepped back 3-4 weeks in my recovery. I have than deep achiness in my belly.
Trying to rest more and stay off my feet when possible.

Otherwise, it's been pretty smooth sailing.

Here's to continued healing for all of us.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register