HELP! Prolapse Today 4? Wks Post Op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP! Prolapse Today 4? Wks Post Op HELP! Prolapse Today 4? Wks Post Op

Unread 02-12-2005, 11:52 AM
HELP! Prolapse Today 4? Wks Post Op

Something is going on...or I'm behind out here in California. Posts come late. anyway...I'm bumping this back up.

Redhead, Maybe you should start another thread and name it "prolaspe anyone?" to get your questions answered.

Have you used the search option up top? Click on it and type in prolaspe to see past conversations. There has been alot of talk about it on this site.

Having read posts for awhile, but never having a prolaspe, I know it is something that is uncomfortable but can be postponed abit. Trouble here is... we're not sure what's wrong with you. A call to your doctor today would really be good. He will tell you if you can wait.
Hang in there,
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2005, 12:31 PM

Please call the doctor on call and let him/her decide what needs to be done. It also will might speed things up on Monday. I called one weekend and the doctor decided I could wait until Monday but wanted me to have some tests on Monday. She let the office nurse know what I needed done early Monday morning so when I called, the nurse already had some tests set up for me. Tell the doctor how far away you live so he/she can take that into consideration. Also find someone to take you--it doesn't sound like driving would be a good idea and you can't if you're on pain meds.

And for heaven's sake, quit blaming yourself. It probably wasn't anything that you did. We. women, lay enought guilt on ourselves so don't add anymore needlessly.
Unread 02-12-2005, 03:17 PM
bless you

Hi,
You are describing what happened to me in a way. I developed a rectocele only three weeks after my surgery; I had a LAVH with cystocele repair/bladder sling. I am five months out and dealing with it best I can. I go back in March and hope nothing else has fallen. I was told I could not have surgery for three months after my hysterectomy. It appears a lot of us have had this happen and I didn't know it could. Wish I had!
Don't blame yourself; I don't think I did anything either to cause mine. When the uterus is gone it apparently is no longer there to support some structures and that other prolapses can happen. My rectocele severity varies; whether I've been on my feet a lot, etc. it is worse. And other days I don't even notice it.
Get in touch with doc; that's what they are there for and get some answers. I know it is so nerve wracking.
God bless you!
Love, LCP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Prolapse Thanks

Dear Maralyn, pl1234, Marian, and everyone, Thanks for your help. I have been laying in bed and getting up every now and then and researching prolapse. As I told you all, I definitely have either some swelling or prolapse of some kind. My pain today is bearable, but feels like I have something in my vagina which is alleviated when I lay down. There is an archive on the Hyster sister website and I have done online web searches. I actually posted a new post, but I must have been the wrong area and the website transferred it to this thread. Maybe I will try again and say "Prolapse Anyone?" My doctor also said I had a small bowel enterocele which is where the small intestine pushes through the upper wall of the vagina. Have you all every heard of that???? Now after researching that, I realize it can occur with or without a vaginal prolapse, or the rectocele, or cystocele even after hysterectomy and those repairs.. I didn't even know what the enterocele was actually until today. I had heard all of the sisters explain rectocele, cycstocele, but never the enterocile which I had too eventually with the complete hyst, endo removal, aden, fibroid tumors. Evidentally, these can happen after surgery before or after surgery and related to all kinds of things that might be beyond my control because some of us don't heal quickly and genetically have weak support in our abdominal area. You are right, I need at leaast call the doctors office tomorrow...no later than Monday, but don't know why I can't do it today...partly because I am not as in as much pain and for some reason I can't bear to think beyond this today. I am just too exhausted to hear what he might say...don't know if I can handle it. Please don't feel your advice today is in vain...I have listened to your every word.....I am just having a lot of trouble being decisive and doing what I need to do. This sounds crazy, but I just want to go to bed and pull the covers over my head. I am usually a strong individual. Thanks for your time and loving support. You girls are the best and still make me feel like crying for your being so helpful. If I ever get through this, please let me know if I can ever be help to you and feel free to contact me more if you think of anything else that might help me. Going back to lay down for a while. Love, BT
Unread 02-12-2005, 07:39 PM

(((BT)))

I know all about wanting to pull the covers over your head and just try and forget this...been there and just did that
I am glad you are feeling better today, please keep us updated and let us know how you are doing. I hope you enjoyed your nap
Remember we are here for you
Unread 02-12-2005, 08:13 PM

nervous Redhead,
I totally understand how you feel and you sound alot like me.
im the kind of person who hates to go to the ER for anything.
and my hospital is going to be 2 and a half hours away. so i will not be going back for nothing, it will be an ER for me.

I do have a server prolapse cystocel and rectocel with vaginal walls uteris and cervix all coming down. my sergery is on the 25 feb for this. (TVH A&P repairs.)

- the cystocel is a 3 and the rectocel too, which basically means it is out. a bit, im dialated constantly, sitting on the toilet can feel like a small head crowning.

- suddenly this happened to me in november.
rectocel went from a 2 to a 3 in about one month.
aching, pulling somtimes small pains simulating back labour.

Bladder matters is a good place for you to look,
and to see a picture of prolapses go to pelvicfloor.com and hit the images icon.
that is were i went to see that it was real.... (i was in denial)

- feels like a tampon that is long over due to be removed.
feels like im sitting on something.

oh i will be so happy to be back to normal.
enough about me..
just wonted to share my prolapse experience maybe you will identify with some of the symptoms.

take care..
Unread 02-12-2005, 08:40 PM

Bt, hope you get some sleep tonight. Thanks for posting. Do as much research as possible. The more you know the better it will be.
rest now.

Maralyn
Unread 02-12-2005, 09:38 PM
will be praying!

Hi BT,
I will pray that you get some answers and that your pain will go away. I hope you get some rest. It can be overwhelming, trying to get a lot of information at once, being afraid, etc. We are all here for you.
Love, LCP
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Saw Doctor Regard. Prolapse?

Dear Friends, I am grateful for all of your posts. In desperation, I have another post going on "Prolapse Anyone", but want to reply here too because of more responses. Daughter took me to doctor yesterday. Examined vaginally and rectally. Said I PROBABLY popped a few stitches, but not to worry stitches will be coming out soon and my body will be holding everything up after that (I am 5 wks post op). He also said he felt something, but said he would see me in two weeks. He didn't say what and felt he didn't want to alarm me, but I at first I was reassured and felt better thinking maybe I would be okay, but now i am thinking he didn't say I did or I didn't??? Well normally, that would not be a big deal if I felt better today, but instead I feel worse...maybe from the exam...I don't know, but walking and laying around holding my crotch and still feel like a huge tampon is stuck in my vagina. However, I had a BM yesterday and again today so at least that is working....Sunday night, I was terrified because I felt like I was going to have a BM out my vagina...was miserable.

MIST, good luck with your surgery on the Feb. 25...your description sounded like mine...HOW did they diagnose your prolapses definitely...a MRI, CAT, etc.????? I feel like I am dilated too or at the very least like everything is not holding up as tight and firm as after my surgery Jan 12th. I told him and "he didn't say anything". Why wasn't I persistent for the why? I think I was so glad he thought I would be allright, that is what I wanted to believe. He wants to see me in two more weeks.....Now, I am trying to get my pain under control and beginning to resign myself back to the couch or bed full time. So frustrated...my friends at five weeks were near going back to work...I thought stitches came out before week 5? why are mine still in there??? and now I feel like I am starting recovery all over again or my "gut" tells me possible more surgery is ahead. I know this recovery stuff is an indivvidual thing and we all don't heal alike, but I don't think even my friends at church or my best friend really understand how bad I feel. My best friend hit her 50th birthday and I had to miss her party this weekend. Don't feel like doing anything today, let alone going anywhere..still in my gown and socks with a "long face". I have tried to accomplish something, but the pain and discomfort has me irritable and squirming in my chair this minute. Thanks for all of your advice and support, guess time will tell, but welcome all of your posts. I hope all of you are doing well or soon will be. Frustration Mounting, Heading for More Pain Med and the BED!! BT
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:19 PM

i guess because they can see it. with a mirror i can see it too.
i saw a urogynocologist and had urodynamic testing,
and a gynocologist too. they both drew the same conclusion that i have a rectocel and a cystocel that are level 3.
sever, they both wrote on the papers. the vaginal floor is in there to with the prolapse and the rest is a blurrr of too much information i kind of turned off after a while when they were talking to me. shock i guess...
nice to hear from you take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register