PCOS after Removal of Ovaries??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PCOS after Removal of Ovaries??? PCOS after Removal of Ovaries???

Unread 02-12-2005, 04:24 AM
PCOS after Removal of Ovaries???

Okay... I could swear I have heard that one still has PCOS after there have there ovaries are removed. My new GP states otherwise. Does anyone know of any articles that have any information on PCOS after ovaries have been removed?

The reason I ask is in 1999 I was put on metformin for insulin intolerance/pcos and trying to consieve until 3/03. Because of some bad reactions to the fertility drugs, not know which ones, I was told to stop all drugs even metformin for a while and just never followed up on going back on it cause we were not going to contine to try for children after my hyperstimulation.

My blood surgers are running on the higher end, but not diabetic high, just like they where when I was placed on metformin and I am questioning weather or not cause of the PCOS I should be placed on it again & the GP is saying no ovaries no longer PCOS. I tend to disagree. With the hard time I am having healing wondering if this might not be part of my problem.

Any info greatly appreciated please!!!

Thanks Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2005, 08:05 AM
Yes

Hi Sweety Tweety!

Yes we still have PCOS even with ovaries removed. My endocrinologist confirmed that. There are some excellent books on PCOS explaining the "syndrome" and also a great book called Insulin Resistance Diet that is very helpful with our condition. My endo recommends using yasmin for hrt to help with the androgen problem. What are you using for hrt and what is recommended for your endo?

The PCOS is probably also contributing to your slow healing which I hope is resolving itself soon. Now that you are still recovering I would get some books and relax and read and when DH gets home, maybe he could rub your feet. Just kidding, I know he works long hours.

Peace, Cheryl
Unread 02-13-2005, 04:13 AM

Cherly,

Thank you... I knew I was not loosing it! My GYN had put me on Premrian for estrogin.

My thoughts too are that the PCOS is contributing to my slow healing, but everytime I bring it up the GP says I don't have PCOS cause I don't have any ovaries.

Once I am feeling a bit better I am going to have to get back on line & do a bit of research & get a few books & do some reading. Maybe I can stop at the and get a few books this week since DH is going to be gone Friday & Saturday.

Thanks!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2005, 11:29 PM

Hi Kim There is a lot of great information about PCOS after a hyst in the following thread, especially in StampinCat's posts:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=104177

You're right, you still have PCOS even after having your ovaries removed

I hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 02-14-2005, 05:56 AM

Linda,

Thank you very much! I did not get the chance to read the whole post, but from what I can see there is a lot of good information on here. I am going to check it out in detail latter today & tomorrow. This looks to be the information I need or at least a start in the right direction.

I don't know what I would do without you all!

s
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register